Archaeological discoveries

Lets share some pictures of archaeology finds

This is how one of the olmec colossal heads was found, in the earth facing up.

Other urls found in this thread:

traffickingculture.org/data/data-images/placeres/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T28_Super_Heavy_Tank
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastylosis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll post a few.

Pic is an Iron Age bog trackway in Ireland dating to 148 BC. These kind of tracks are found across Europe in the Bronze and Iron Ages.

Gobekli Tepe under excavation. It was probably built around 9000 BC by hunter-gatherers who had begun to form complex societies in the Middle East due to the abundance of natural resources, but had yet to adopt agriculture.

The Oseberg viking ship under excavation, dating to before 834 AD when the ship was buried.

The Macedonian Tomb of Eurydice, Vergina, 340 BC, with a painted throne on the right.

A now-lost colossal Mayan head from southern Mexico.

Prambanan temple compund in java, AD 825, before restoration.

and after.

Borobudur, before restoration.

The Mayan Placeres Facade, dating to the early classic period between 250-600 AD. The photo is strange because it isn't an excavation, but a looting; the facade was photographed being sawed apart, removed and trafficked into the US. Later it was returned to the Mexican government, but was severely damaged and lost its coloration.

More here; traffickingculture.org/data/data-images/placeres/

after restoration.

How do you lose a colossal Mayan head made of rock?

Machu Picchu in 1911.

Mexicans

I was mistaken actually, it's from the Monte Alto culture rather than Mayans. Apparently it was destroyed in an attempted looting.

A pillared hall uncovered in the Mauryan capital of Pataliputra, possibly influenced by Achaemenid designs.

wow still with some remaining of original colors, great find

Olmec head excavation. Just imagine finding that.

Wait are we allowed to restore ancient archeological sites? Isn't that cheating?

In related cases the jungle can grow back in like two months. If you find something and it's not looked after it's easy to lose its location

Bump for more pics, I love this kind of shit.

Awesome thread OP! Thanks for the pics!

Archeological sites can be restored provided the restoration follow the international guidelines

The Golden Cone of Ezelsdorf-Buch dates to 1,000 to 900 BC, found in 1953

were other popular things restored, like the pyramids in egypt?

Looks like a dildo, do you like dildos user, are you gay, do you like sucking dick?

Neat, where is that?

>How do you lose a colossal Mayan head made of rock?
It's very simple user, I'll just give you more recent example:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T28_Super_Heavy_Tank
>In 1974 the last prototype was discovered abandoned in a field at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. It is unknown where it spent the intervening 27 years. It is the sole remaining example of these tanks and was exhibited at the Patton Museum of Cavalry and Armor in Kentucky.[2][10] In 2011, it was shipped to its new home at Fort Benning, Georgia. It will be placed in the new Patton Park, which is a plot of 30 acres where all of the tanks being stored at Fort Benning will be displayed. Patton Park will be completed by 2020.[11]
The reality is that the "unknown" location was the very same place where they've left it.

And we're talking about thing that weights 86 tonnes, is 11 meter long, 4,5 metre wide and 2,8 metre high.

Now imagine if it was lost in the jungle.

Stonehenge was

>Now imagine if it was lost in the jungle.
>random timespace rift
>gets sent back in time
>metal chariot of the gods is found by aztecs
>aztec tanks roll through most of the world in the far future.

No i dont want to imagine user! What have you done!

Your imagination is shit, they wouldn't be able to make fuel or ammo for this thing(not to mention replacement parts) and seeing its size it was likely huge gas-guzzler.

What is that thing?

Just some kind of ornament?

The restorations were done through anastylosis, which basically means putting the building back together again like a jigsaw, using the original pieces as much as possible. It restored the building without damaging its historic value.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastylosis

Mount Nemrut, Turkey. Built by some Armenian king.

Astronomical calendar is the best bet so far. The Ornaments match moon/star constelations.

Isn't this some sort of hat as well?

I am so fucking tired of seeing shit like this. Like really. Fuck off, it's not true. It's you and your constructivistic hardon. I could draw shit like this all over the fucking place, on my anus, on my feces, in the debries of that car that crashed today on the motorway.
Stop it. It's untrue.

>Built by some Armenian king.

Why do you even believe that ludicrous explanation which is entire fictional?

In reality, noone knows exactly who built the structures at Mount Nemrut.

Stfu retarded please

what the fuck
Didn't the documentary "Humanity" said it was just the heads? lmao

Why so hostile, little man?

REMOVE KEBAB remove kebab
you are worst turk. you are the turk idiot you are the turk smell. return to croatioa. to our croatia cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,bosnia we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole turk stink bosnia sqhipere shqipare..turk genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead turk..ahahahahahBOSNIA WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget ww2 .albiania we kill the king , albania return to your precious mongolia….hahahahaha idiot turk and bosnian smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE KEBAB FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. russia+usa+croatia+slovak=kill bosnia…you will ww2/ tupac alive in serbia, tupac making album of serbia . fast rap tupac serbia. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of tupac… you are ppoor stink turk… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt
tupac alive numbr one #1 in serbia ….fuck the croatia ,..FUCKk ashol turks no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. 2pac aliv and real strong wizard kill all the turk farm aminal with rap magic now we the serba rule .ape of the zoo presidant georg bush fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and bosnia wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. serbia greattst countrey

Olmec jade mask

This is the back of the Moai