""""""""""""""Lancia""""""""""""""""

>""""""""""""""Lancia""""""""""""""""

>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Chrysler""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Interesting, I didn't know those were sold in Europe. Post more rebadged American cars

Lancia died with the MK1 Delta

>ywn drive a stratos.

Please end Lancia once for all.

Let's be glad of the reborn of Alfa Romeo but Lancia is a living dead brand sadly, it has been killed many years ago...

Is there a bigger slut than Chrysler?

lmao did not even know these existed! who's idea was it with the freaking blazer?

In the UK we just got them as a Chrysler

Why can't people accept that the time for muh rally heritage is over and that manufacturers can (and will) change direction for something more profitable than pleasing a little group of enthusiasts that can't stop wanking over fucking group B cars?

What do you want? A new Delta Integrale to celebrate Lancia's absence from any relevant rally since like 30 years? A new Stratos that makes no sense at all because the conditions for such a car to exist are not even there anymore?

Just let it fucking go, Lancia is the "luxury" brand of FIAT now and has been like that for a while, why do you people have to torture yourselves for decades thinking at what it could have been if le evil regulations didn't kill 80s/90s rallying.

apparently they were built in indonesia from CKD kits

Not possible

>tfw you will never import a 300 SRT8 and deck it in Lancia trim to create the world's most obscure and unreliable muscle car

t. FCA marketing

Except alfa Romeo is the luxury brand of fiat.
Volkswagen doesn't always do what will be the most profitable. They made the veyron and now chiron, as well as the XL1, and you bet your ass the R&D that went into those cars in way more than the revenue they could ever generate.

But anyway that's not the point.

The point is that Lancia as it currently is has no reason to exist. If you stop selling Lancias as they're rebadged fiats then the overall sales won't suffer because anyone who might have decided to buy a Lancia will just buy a fiat and you don't have to market the same product twice.

Then Lancia can be the experimental Marque it was in it's prime. It's not about rally, group B or anything like that. You make a car with a square steering wheel? Call it a Lancia and showcase. No steering wheel at all? Lancia. a system that allows wheels to pivot 360 degrees? Put it in a Lancia

>Except alfa Romeo is the luxury brand of fiat.
no, that's Maserati.
Fiat is the cheap one.
Jeep is for SUVs
Dodge is the excitement brand
Chrysler is working to be the humdrum Chevrolet of FCA
then come Alfa as essentially a more upscale Dodge
Maserati is the luxury brand

Lancia is supposed to sit somewhere between Chrysler, Dodge, and Alfa.

Any way you look at it, they have too many brands.

Whats the modern version of this?

Alpine Vision Concept?

neo-Lancia is supposed to be like Buick, i.e mainstream luxury

>I talk for the person I quoted

No.

I was saying that I prefer to see Lancia dead than rebranding Chrysler cars.

One may think that they will made new and exclusive models with such an heritage (Lancia past is similar to Alfa Romeo's) but what the fuck I can't stand they rebranding American cars...not because Chrysler are bad cars but because the entire operation is such a dishonouring thing for a glorious brand like Lancia.

The were the top notch of luxury in the good old days, they had the Thema 8.32...and I'm not talking about rally cars, because to me Lancia is (was) synonymous of luxury.

If FCA wants to relaunch this maker (which hasn't got appeal outside Italy) I really hope they'll aim to do something like an "Italian Lexus" as concept: exclusive lines, high quality and hopefully reliability.

That was a custom body on a f360 chassis wasn't it?

More like F430, also it was produced as limited model for some lucky motherfucker...if I'm not wrong they built something like 500 cars but I'm not sure.

A little number of cars.

shortened F430, Pininfarina were going to produce them in limited numbers but Ferrari stopped it because they are jerks

I'm wrong: Lancia has been chucked by Ferrari so the car wasn't produced.

But still there is at least one functioning car driving around

I swear when will you people learn to use "redpill" "cuck" "meme" and other words properly.
There's a word that perfectly describes the situation and is just as vulgar: Cockblock

Every brand has a purpose

Except Lancia

and dodge

And my axe

Lancia is to Fiat-Chrysler like what Buick is to General Motors. The badge-engineered tat from other countries that is sold under the excuse of "mainstream luxury"

Lancia died the same way that killed British Leyland; unreliability and rust.

Lancia in the '70-'80-early '90 was like a lion in the savanah. It the rally world, they had the most succesful, powerful and straight up mad cars. It bought them a lot of publicity as THE car for young kids (just like subaru and mitsubishi did in the 2000' era). With the end of group B because feels and such, they started to fade slowly, because they coulcn't put that italian crazy shit in their cars anymore. From a lion in the savannah, to a lion in a cage at the zoo.

Now, the brand is dead, the name remains, but the spirit of lancia in gone.

The same is slowly happening to Ferrari as well. They are fading from F1 and how many years before we see Ferrari SUV, wagon, etc.

A shame really. Alfa Romeo and their Giulia Guadrifoglio seems to be the only italian brand to reinvigorate itself afer this pause in creating fun, italian cars.

>Volkswagen doesn't always do what will be the most profitable. They made the veyron and now chiron, as well as the XL1, and you bet your ass the R&D that went into those cars in way more than the revenue they could ever generate.
Why the fuck did you bring up Bugatti as if its relationship with VW was even remotely comparable with the one between Lancia and Fiat?
No shit they do expensive hypercars, that's their business and VW has more than enough money to keep the project alive, even if it's not profitable (which is very debatable).

>If you stop selling Lancias as they're rebadged fiats then the overall sales won't suffer because anyone who might have decided to buy a Lancia will just buy a fiat and you don't have to market the same product twice.
That's absolutely retarded. If someone wants to buy, let's say, a Ypsilon it's because they want a cheap-ish, small car but don't want to sit in a fucking Panda. If someone wants a Thema, it's because they can't fucking stand to even look at a Tipo, which is the closest FIAT has to offer.
You take Lancia away, and everyone who wanted a Lancia will just turn around and go literally anywhere else except to FIAT because, and I know this will probably confuse you, many people don't look at a car and immediately think about how many layers of rebadging it has, they just want to know if it's what they want for their budget.
Someone in the market for a Lancia will absolutely never consider FIAT as an option so your point couldn't be more wrong.

>Then Lancia can be the experimental Marque it was in it's prime. It's not about rally, group B or anything like that. You make a car with a square steering wheel? Call it a Lancia and showcase. No steering wheel at all? Lancia. a system that allows wheels to pivot 360 degrees? Put it in a Lancia
Well this is just daydreaming, everyone can make concepts that will never look like the real deal. Concepts don't make a manufacturer

Nope, the situation is really simple.

Fiat management, the filthy criminals and politicians that almost killed Alfa Romeo did the same to Lancia and Fiat itself in the 90's, so the crisis went on in the first 2000's and now after some cleaning and the restoration of Fiat group with the transition to FCA the situation has improved for the better.

New Fiats, despite all the shit you can read here, are as reliable and built as generalistic opponents, Alfa Romeo is finally reborn, Maserati is doing the same (another relaunch process for them), Ferrari is a brand apart (also Alfa Romeo will be detached from FCA being a stand alone maker but with FCA property) and we have Lancia which has been abandoned.

We only have to wait and see if Alfa Romeo will be successful, in that case MAYBE they will consider an operation for Lancia.

A Ferrari suv would be a shame, yes. But a ferrari wagon is something I absolutely can't get behind. They already sorta have it with the FF

I really have high hopes for AR, their design is out of this fucking wolrd. They all look good as fuck, honestly. Their problem seemed to be low quality, and now it looks like that was somehow fixed. A gorgeous italian design with the reliability of a german car should put them on the radar for anyone who wants to get a car.

This.
You're correct. Lancia was once a true giant of beauty and luxury, it has a long and proud engineering heritage but the company made some serious dangerous design choices in the 1970's and 80's

The Gamma was meant to be the flagship luxury land-barge but it looked like a large hatchback, the flat-4 engine was truly god-awful and the power steering pump was ran off the fragile engine's cam belts. So if you went into full lock with the engine cold, the belts would snap and the engine would destroy itself.

Then there was the Monte Carlo, or the Scorpion if you're American. The braking was absolutely shocking because the brake servo would only work on the front wheels but they locked up. All the time. Lancia stopped making it to figure out the problem. They took a long, hard look at the servo. And then removed it. So it had next to no brakes.

Brilliant! Then Group B rallying died out because of several serious incidents, one of which involved the Delta S4 rally car. Their heritage died in the ditch with Henri Toivonen. Then the stories of rampant rust and unreliability killed of their image of beauty and luxury.

Lancia is a shadow of itself. Now used to whore out Chrysler. And vice versa.

>Japanese reliability

Meme fixed with reality

Is that a PT cruiser

It a Lancia Ypsilon

Thing with Lancia is that there's already Alfa in the group.

wake me up inside

Alfa should have been sport, and Lancia luxury.

But Fiat failed hard with these rebadges. Fans of Chrysler 300 didn't wanted a 'Lancia', and fans of 'Lancia' didn't wanted a Chrysler 300.

exactly I'm european and I love american cars and would be glad to buy new chrysler 300 but I can't becouse I don't want a car with lancia badge