/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Slugs and Mad Doctors Edition

Ascended to a higher plane: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr (embed)

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv (embed)

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj (embed)

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX (embed)

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/yosp/status/685616464229838850?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love her

That's not Lucifer

It's still funny though

>maneater boar
>boss
Even in the chalice dungeons it's a fucking scrub
Backstab visceral until dead

nice try luci but that's your secure trip in the picture

yes, it is

Who are you replying to you bipolar bicth?

are you pretending to be retarded?

I'm certain that you're not pretending.

so you are, got it

Could someone help me kill these choir bitches just past Ludwig?
Pass is bbg

What platform?

I'm ringing in the cell area just past Ludwig boss fight

Yeah but what console are you playing on?

You're not as funny as you think you are.

It's a PS4 exclusive?

>Bloodborne
>what console
Am I being trolled or did it stop being ps4 exclusive?

PC obviously :^)

Ignore the retard.

Did you people never heard of the Dreamcast release?

Damn it I seriously need help though I keep getting one shot by stray blacksky eye shots I got stunned into

Found the doll in a new spot after I chose the ending where you wake up. Is she reminiscing the hunter from the last playthrough?

Yes, that's your grave

ok I seem to be getting conflicting information. for the HMLS should I be using the original or the lost version?

Dark Souls is better

That's not like a young picture of him is it? Dwayne's face was shopped on that guys head right?

Oh I have no idea sorry hunter

>not owning the 16-bit version

I got that turned off so nice try

Also, that implies my posts isn't true and only exists for replies

Nigga the 16-bit version comes WITH the dreamcast version.

Post your face when sonnygers will never ever get blooborne 16-bit hd remastered

Would you guys unironically play this?
I would from time to time

What ever happened with the Bloodborne board game or other related spin-offs?

Just beat the game for the first time tonight, I didn't like the ending so I played through NG+ as well. Damn that was exhausting.

Anyway I played through the game blind with the exception of looking at a spoiler free guide to find all the areas since so much of the game is optional.
Thought I'd share my boss rankings and you veterans can tell me how wrong I am.

In terms of difficulty
>Micolash, Host of the Nightmare (just because of how tediously buggy the interludes are, plus it took until NG+ for me to learn how to cheese him with threaded cane R2)
>Ludwig
>Orphan of Kos
>Darkbeast Paarl
>Martyr Logarius
>Ebrietas
>Lady Maria
>Shadow of Yharnam
>Vicar Amelia
>Gehrman, The First Hunter
>Laurence
>Moon Presence
>One Reborn
>Rom
>Blood Starved Beast
>Living Failures
>Father Gascoigne
>Witch of Hemwick
>Cleric Beast
>Mergo's Wet Nurse
>Amygdala
>Celestial Emissary

Lady Maria is probably my favorite though.

pfff the PSX could muster more in terms of graphics

too lazy to fully reply but I too remember difficulty with Ludwig.

Alfred is best boy

Micolash was laughable to me until NG+3, where he decided that his A Call Beyond instakills me, even if I just graze it.

Guys seriously I can't beat these choir girls for some reason

What made the PSX different from PS2?

What does that have to do with anything?

>Micolash on top
I get that he's annoying, but man really?

Anyway, always curious seeing other people's ratings of bosses and how wildly different they can be. I never had problems with Paarl no matter what level I was fighting him, and Amelia I think only managed to kill me once across all playthroughs. But Laurence was fucking hell.

Ng ng+ ? BL?

>tfw platinum last night
still would have welcomed more Chalice trophies

NG
BL 79

Ludwig isn't bullshit hard though, he's so finely tuned and each of his attacks has a specific intent.
I see him as the epitome of Soulsborne bosses, I think he dethroned Fume Knight for me.
It's just a shame his second stage is such a step down, rather than a step-up.
I used threaded cane for the entirety of NG and NG+ and its hit box will hit him and then miss entirely and I'll take a tentacle fucking or a call beyond, then probably another when I healed killing me.
It was only during NG+ I discovered that spamming the R2 thrust was reliable, which is how I beat him.

Even so, I can't deny I think I died to him more than anyone else.
I always rank based on my experience, it's unfair to scale down bosses I had trouble with just because they're earlier and I'm not used to the game.
Paarl was my second boss so he whipped my ass, especially considering I was still in a DaS mindset and my conservativeness didn't give me those easy stuns.

>taking pics of enemies, trying to avoid detection
Anyone else like doing Fatal Frame: Bloodborne edition?

I'll try to assist ringing

I POSTED THIS YESTERDAY

I beat him by using him own magic against him. A Call Beyond can reach him when he shuts himself in the second arena. Which makes him start running towards the gate, from there I cheesed that nerd and prayed he doesn't start spamming the instakill star explosion.

Do any of the ponytails not clip through hats / clothing in general?
I like having long hair with my female builds but the clipping is so bad I can't get over it. Like I don't mind if a hat besides the cainhurst helmet / traffic cone can make the pony tail go away, but with the lower tail with the bangs it still clips with most tops.

I fucked up my dodge, sorry

my nigga, they don't know what they're missing
>trying to get a good shot while the madman is twitching wildly in full screen
spoopy shit

I don't remember them doing that much damage lol ringing again

Apparently blaksky eye can stun lock now.
I have max arcane defense and 30 bit no idea why she keeps killing me

Trade npcs

30Vit*

anyone?

He looks sad :-(

Took a few of this fag

fucking how didn't you die instantly

>spend several tries on darkbeast paarl, always get my shit kicked in
>try a fight without locked camera
>rape his fuckin beasty ass

Sometimes I think the camera is one of the biggest enemies in this game.
Ah well, had my positive experience for today, now I have to learn Lorgarius and how not to throw the controller against the wall when those fly thingies in byrgenwerth give me madness and I die.

>Bloodborne board game
It's already available.
>other related spin-offs
Not sure what you're talking about.

Anyone have any theories as to why the deep Forbidden Woods/Shadows of Yharnam are snake-themed? A cursory glance at YT showed me only one lore video which focused on the area, and that guy was trying to imply that they were related to Kin because the Kin-specific damage icon kind of looks like a snake. It seems kind of non-sequitur to me to suddenly go from Yharnam's wolf beast theme to this without a boss that acts as a clear influence. You have Rom for the bug dudes at Byrgenwerth and Ebrietas for the Celestial Emissarayys, but the Shadows don't seem to have the same Great One/eldritch status that would imply they influenced the area. I feel like the spider/maggot enemies would have been a lot more suitable there, as a gradual build-up to Rom.

And on a similar note, why are there spiders in the Nightmare of Mensis? Was Micolash just really spooked by bugs? I can't help but notice the human-headed ones above the building across the mid-level bridge, do you think they have any relation to Patches?

Sounds like an interesting challange, I think I'll try.

I've finally beaten beast of paarl AND figured out how to parry! It's good to get a pause in playing games once in a while.

It's easier to invade and take pictures.

Thanks so much, no idea what was up with the blaksky eye damage

Np
Yeah I don't remember her spamming it like that.

She spams it all the time when I fight her, my technique is luring her in the prison corridor, waiting behind a corner and smashing the R1 as soon as she comes close.

Glad I could assist you
Sounds like a very tedious strategy

>want to use the fist of gratia for style points
>can't put my regen gem in it

Also is the flamesprayer/rosmarinus worth upgrading? According to the wiki they can't stagger anything so I just foresee myself getting slapped in the face while trying to pesticide some beasties.

At least she's dead now, anyway I'm gonna get the milkweed head now

Recommend good letsplays of BB, please.

Switch witches and cleric beast with Amygdala and Wetnurse and switch Laurence and Paarl and I'd pretty much agree with the list

also put micolash around the bottom. The hell is wrong with you

The flamesprayer does stagger enemies, I've stunlocked Bloodstarved Beast and Ludwig's second phase several times just standing there holding L2. Can't parry with anything of them, but you can stunlock with rhe flamesprayer and it does disgusting damage if you have it at +10 with good Arc. It's absolutely disgusting.

Post things you didn't know until after you beat the game

>viscerals
>you can put hats on the messengers
>Cainhurst

sorry i work graveyards and im drunk

thanks for the reply :D next time ill just fucking google it and not bother ya

>resonating/beckoning online on Lovecraft's birthday changes the bell ringtones

How did you miss that all the other players' messengers wear little hats

I figured you could because of the hat items and what you said. But I never knew about the back of the workshop

Not that user but i knew you could give them hats, i just never knew how until a few days ago on my NG+3 run.

DSP gaming

I knew you were bullshitting but i still went and googled it.

I didn't know how gems worked.

Lmao he's dead dude

*beetlejuice theme song blares*

Bloodborne will NEVER EVER come to PS4 PRO

My first playthrough of bloodborne was offline because I didn't want to feed money to the jews at Sony. Biggest mistake of my life

How did the horse and carriage freeze so fast upon arriving at Cainhurst?

Why wont they port this game to PC

fuck

>implying they were ever alive
You need more eyes

Cainhurst is full on supernatural spookily dookilys. It's ghosts and shit. The lore sa Cainhurst is Gothic Horror central. Nigga you're playing a game about extra-dimensional aliens, mad werewolf people and pregnancy horror, you're expecting Castle Dracula to make sense too?

Ummmm you are in luck

Sony talks bout the port here

twitter.com/yosp/status/685616464229838850?ref_src=twsrc^tfw