/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

Endless Day Edition: All Amplitude games on sale
games2gether.com/games2gether/blog/494-the-endless-day-is-here-rejoice

endless-day.com/

youtu.be/exRFQXX3oeg

>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - - - - - - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- - - - - - endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- - - - - - endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Other urls found in this thread:

games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/22073-request-enable-achievement-unlocking-while-playing-with-mods
store.steampowered.com/app/502370/
rockpapershotgun.com/2017/01/18/necromunda-underhive-wars-pc/
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-57-species-rights.995302/
youtube.com/watch?v=W3eREwr0MmI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for roll chart update never ever!

Have you prayed to your lord and savior horatio yet 4xg?

Horatio = Sansha from EVE Online.

5th for everyone loves mindworms

Rollan

why is she so perfect?

why is there not more fanart of her ;_;

I assume everyone is too busy playing on this holy day to post here.

temporarily finished a Horatio game
gene assimilation is crazy and their ships look cool

roll

Is endless space 2 fun yet?

Nope. Combat is still worse than ES1.

>In the new research tree you can start colonizing fucking gas giants before you can colonize jungle planets.

>All Amplitude games on sale
You weren't kidding. But it makes me feel bad that what cost me hundreds of euro can now be had for the price of a DLC...

Its not like sales are a terribly new thing user, but if its any consolation its not like you actually lost anything.

If you bought them less than a week ago, you can ask for a refund and get the amount of your sale back.

Make a new roll-o-matic with Forgotten and Morgawr.

Who the fuck plays this anymore?

What's the point of Civ anymore when EL is superior in every way?

inb4 bait.

Civ V and VI is 4X for babbies.
V is ok with mods though.

Nah, over years. It still rustles me.

The roll-chart user is kill.

>What's the point of Civ anymore when EL is superior in every way?
EL does not have and will NEVER EVER have a modding scene. Why, you may ask. The answer is simple: Amplitude punishes people that use mods by disabling achievements because it """hurts""" the e-sports scene they've got going...

If you want a mod-scene, lend your voice to the cause!
games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/22073-request-enable-achievement-unlocking-while-playing-with-mods

Surprised that no-one made a mod that disables the disabling of cheevos yet.

Is such a thing even possible?

If you can deceive the game into thinking there's mod activated...

>EL does not have and will NEVER EVER have a modding scene. Why, you may ask. The answer is simple: Amplitude punishes people that use mods by disabling achievements because it """hurts""" the e-sports scene they've got going...
What fucking esports scene.

Someone did that for Fallout 4, but those games are wildly different so i dunno.
If its not here yet it probably means its not possible

Somewhat relevant:
store.steampowered.com/app/502370/
(A WH40k game that released today)

>What fucking esports scene.
That's my point. Amplitude is convinced that their niche is multiplayer. So all their design choices are supposed to streamline the gameplay, make it fast.

Ever wondered why ES1 combat was cinematic? Why they tried to make EL combat cinematic and refuse to this day to let you directly control units? Why ES2 combat is such a fucking disappointment?

It's because they want combat not to take more, they want careful thinking to be an advantage.

Praise the Emprah and pass the ammunition!

>start on an arctic homeworld
>arctic colonization comes up in the research

rockpapershotgun.com/2017/01/18/necromunda-underhive-wars-pc/
Today is truly a holy day!

Just because you live there doesn't mean you're good at it. Just look at Australoids.

Every planet is different. You have to adapt to local wildlife.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-57-species-rights.995302/

So the new Stellaris patch seems to be mostly based around xenophobic and militarist empires, with all the new features of suppressing, enslaving, purging and for some reason, eating xenos. What could they implement that makes playing as a pacifist empire interesting? Right now you can't really do much.

But I can colonize arctic planets with zero issues.

????

So what, the research is useless?

>What could they implement that makes playing as a pacifist empire interesting?
Developed and varied forms and degrees of Xenophilia, if you know what I mean.

>just humans with weird heads
And why is his cape like that, is there a breeze in the starship?

Yeah, apparently. Bravo Paradox.

It was a real shock when I learned that this movie was actually made by a Frenchie.

I guess our reputation at making weird movies is deserved.

But if you understand the combat mechanics you CAN control combat and units.

He literally is just a human amped up on Dust that started his own sub-race.

And having special effects like breeze generators and sunshafts and whatever else is needed for dramatic posing is just his style.

>humans with weird heads
literally part of his backstory
>"look at him, that kid's scary"

>is there a breeze in the starship
who the hell knows it's probably for fashion

Pacifism and Xenophilia are already fine, whereas being an enslaving, militarist douchebag got the entire galaxy out for you blood for very little benefit.

>if you understand the combat mechanics
There's nothing to understand because nothing makes sense!

Explain pic related numbers if you can.

>0%
chance of critical hit
>60%
chance for standard attack
>75%
chance for defense-reduced attack
>25%
chance for absolutely nothing

>is there a breeze in the starship?
Well, yeah. You kind need currents in a starship, or air will stagnate and you will suffocate.

>Explain

Here ya go user this YT series explains it all - youtube.com/watch?v=W3eREwr0MmI

>%
>chance for standard attack
%
>chance for defense-reduced attack
%
>chance for absolutely nothing
So a 160% chance of something happening?

>roll standard attack
>fail
>roll shittier half damage attack
>succeed
>half damage shit attack
at least that's how I think it goes

>There's nothing to understand because nothing makes sense!
Well duh, Amplitude is a French studio after all!

Has to do with attack vs defense, morale bonuses, unit capabilities, and status effects. If you're asking how they reached the numbers themselves. Those videos explain it.

As a French, this offends me.
EYE is pretty shit, I don't understand why everybody likes it.

Consequtive dice rolls? That's crazy enough to work.

If Paradox are adding this bullshit as an official feature then a mod better add a demographic invasion feature where you send your rapid breeder population to overwhelm the enemy by infiltration.

the ES1 combat is antithetical to multiplayer, nobody wants to have turns last multiple minutes because of some drawn out cutscene

EYE is fucking great.

>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-57-species-rights.995302/
>Migration, Standard of Living, and population controls for individual species
>Forced displacement

>You can literally make Space Great Again

It was shit.
The story was pretentious as possible, the fights were frustrating because enemies are constantly respawning from everywhere and have perfect accuracy, the dialogues were awful (special nod to the Jian Shi you're constantly verbally fighting with).

>>You can literally make Space Great Again
ES2 did it first.

Everyone needs to be conquering other people, not just militarists and xenophobes.

>battle thralls
>forced labor

How could this work if you play as a fanatic pacifist?

If someone breaks the NAP, you break their face. That's the rule even if you are a fanatical pacifist.

Vassal/Protectorate -> Integrate -> Eat.

Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system!

4X belongs in /pol/

Maybe they should implement some kind of a casus belli system with different cb's for each ethos.

so is Stars in Shadow any good?

>implement some kind of a casus belli system
A step too far. I don't want a straight-jacket on my foreign policy.

that scream seems pretty external

no lungs = no external screaming

>in order to uplift pre-sentients you must colonize their planet
Who the hell had that bright idea? I just wanted some xenos to colonize desert planets for me.

>someone somewhere in the galaxy has different government policies than you
>this gives you a reason to liberate them or force them to stop committing atrocities

But really a lot of these changes matter regardless of why the xenos are in your society, so:
>friendly alien nation wants their rapid breeders to be able to travel to your worlds
>accept, while making clear that they are not full citizens
>in the same way that chickens are not full citizens

I last played Stellaris when it came out and I stopped playing after exploring ~25% of my galaxy because Sector management was so fucking atrocious (FORCED 100% AUTOMATION FUCK GODDAMNIT FUCK) it made the game unplayable for me. Has that been remedied at all?

Just send some robots to befriend them.

Short answer, No.

>tfw to intelligent too expand my empire

It's actually easier to just turn it off and manage the planets yourself.

perfect

Has Stellaris improved significantly since release? I pirated it then and while I did enjoy it it felt pretty lacking in many aspects. I know I'll probably end up playing it a ton anyway and I've spent more on games I haven't played much if at all.

At least their animations are really nice.

Is Distant Worlds: Universe worth getting? Does it allow for nearly as much customization of my empire/species and AI as Stellaris?

Does BERT fix BE's horrible embarkation speeds?

i made a thing

I'm trying to figure out how I just won a game of Civ 6. I was Russia playing a religious game, and I'd converted Sumeria, Arabia, Kongo, and France, but Scythia was too strong with its apostles. I managed to convert a few Scythian cities, but not half. Nevertheless, I still won off of my turn (as in I won during someone else's turn). Very weird.

Okay, who the fuck is the narrator of this trailer? The mystery mentor of Horatio that led him to greatness?

10/10

It's okay.

>caring about achievements

Nothing about what you just wrote has any weight.

EL is still a better game.

Civ only got Religion, everything else is boring.

Units, combat, buildings, tech, city planning etc.. is a lot better in EL.

>Entire race of clones
>Literally one primitive bioweapon away from mass extinction

What's the point of existence if you do not share Horatio's perfect DNA?

>that font
evri tim

Correct

The cool thing is that every player in a MP game gets the benefit of all of the expansions the host has bought.

But alas, Firaxis has a lot more marketing money to make Civ more known. I hope Amplitude games get more recognition now that Sega owns them, but I have my doubts.

What the fuck did they do to the tech tree is ES2. They fucking ruined it. Why did they caven in and listened to the shitters who can't stand actually making a hard decision and passing on some stuff.

Wait for patch 1.5 otherwise donĀ“t bother.

I heard the combat is fun...well is it ?

The people with worst ideas are the most obsessive autists. So they are the ones that get heard.

EL is kinda perfect ... I wish they would add Z axis combat / gameplay to the game and religion but I know it wont happen.

I didn't like ES that much I love EL will ES 2 be worth a buy? I am guessing not?

>Z axis combat / gameplay
Global weather/terraforming like in SMAC would have been cool to see.

I loved ES1, bought ES2. ES2 is not worth playing right now but it may be cool if they fix the combat. My advice is wait till release at the very least.

>The cool thing is that every player in a MP game gets the benefit of all of the expansions the host has bought.
Well shit if I knew that I would have hosted EL games a long fucking time ago.
Now now though, other stuff on my plate.
Based frenchmen.