buy car

> buy car
> invest 300 man hours of work, including engine swap, new suspension, welding several bits rusted to hell bits and a complete respray
> sell car for 300 pounds profit

I like Wheeler Dealers, i really do, but sometimes this is just insulting.

The profit is the goal, but not the point.

The whole point is getting to work on a cool car and bringing it back to good shape. It's a fun show.

This.
Also it shows that you can do the wrenching yourself if you just plan everything.

Also post your favorite car/restauration.

Mine is the Datsun Fairlady 240z

Yeah i get that Edd's paid by the showrunners, but nevertheless it irks me that all that time and effort only translates to laughable profits.

Also, the electric Maserati was really cool.

>car restoration is not worth the investment of money and time

OP's brain grew 3 sizes that day.

>wrenching yourself
it's fun watching them work on cars but Edd always had the perfect garage with all the crazy collection of exact tools that he needs. it's still one of the best car-related shows on television.
>the electric Maserati was really cool.
Yeah that was good because it was an old-school electric car. It was converted to electric from the previous owner before they got it.

Lamborghini Urraco was one of the best episodes.

Thank god I never had to calibrate carburettors

We all know the RX-7 was the best car!

It is easy to make good money on cars by doing a little work, but they go too far. The key is to find something with a couple small mechanical problems that are easy to fix but the owner doesn't want to spend $2000 to get it fixed at the shop. Buy the car for $1500 less than what it would be worth running, spend $300 on parts and an afternoon replacing them, sell for a $1000-$1500 profit!

The problem with WD most of the time is either installing performance parts or repainting a car. Those are both great ways to sink a ton of money into a car that you will never get back. If they just got the cars roadworthy again, they would make much better profits.

>What have I become my sweetest friend?

The point is - if wrenching/restoring/driving cool "modern classic" cars is your hobby and if you make smart buys and choices for repair/upgrades, you can make your hobby pay for itself. At the end of the day you can have a zillion FB pics of you and old cars, street cred for DIYing just about everything, the satisfaction you saved some old heap from the junkyard, hopefully with a couple of bucks in your pocket that can go towards your next project or at least breaking even.

At no point are they saying you can make a living eeking out the small profits they make.

>consider this an /r/ for rare Pepes of Mike and Edd.

While I doubt the business would run at a profit if Ed was paid what he is worth, I would pay just to watch him try to fit in little British cars. My fav was watching him try to work inside the espirit

fucking hell

DELET

knockoff may/hammond

>u cant unsee

There's a lot more

Kek. That is before it looks like hell

>The episode with the Pacer where Edd completely butchers what would've been a nice profit by adding that horrendous livery
>The look on the tech's faces when they're applying this shit

>At no point are they saying you can make a living eeking out the small profits they make.
but retards are thinking they can do
hence the current mega trend of the car market inflating the prices
its scalping basically
>see buy to let landlords
its the same thing

>mfw watching this episode just now
That had to be planned right? The original owner wanted an ugly as shit FD, so he had them fuck it for him. There's no way they legitimately thought they could sell that thing.