Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed) (embed)
↳a9lh + CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed) (embed)
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp (embed) (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-It's now possible to install CFW on 11.2, the latest system version.
-freeShop now has its own website, freeshop.pw
-soundhax.com/ replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below.
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.

>Vita
-New VitaShell release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-No need for a PS3/4 for Henkaku, see this post → (Cross-thread) →

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/
strawpoll.me/12150980
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/279338-mega-dragon-quest-viii-journey-cursed-king-music-undub-orchestra-eur.html
mega.nz/#!Ik9xCIRJ!u6nfiedUUIBoZPnnwO6AmI6XlrVduhVc4OE4zbD9xKM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tfw hacked 3ds

2nd for OP is a fucking retard and made this when there are 20 posts left in the last thread.

I updated my n3ds when I was on 2.1 and it isn't turning on

you guys owe me a new 3ds

OP's picture gets me thinking, has anyone replaced the game boot animation?

not our fault you can't read

Seriously fucking this. The old thread isn't even in autosage and even fucking then it still has 9 fucking pages to go.

you guys said it was okay

I downloaded SuMo recently and i've been playing but I can't seem to update both of them. always stops at 99%. anyone else having this issue? I can't get online due to this.

also how easy / safe is Wii U hacking? I'm thinking of buying by march since i expect a price cut when Switch releases. thanks

Hey Veeky Forums. Hacked my 3ds with a 128 GB sd card, quickly found out amazon sent me a dud with a much lower limit. Tried copying the contents of the card to a new card (32 GB) but it didn't seem to work. How do I go about transferring from the old SD to the new one?

Holy shit everything you can see is how badly we fucked over japan. 10 years ago they didnt give a fuck and did what they wanted now look at how many fucking changes they did to Jessica holy shit.
are otaku actually pissed off at us? I wouldn't blame them thats just a shame and the nightmare against the arts is becoming worse and worse here and there. its like you have to listen to these fucks while your drawing a girl with a fucking bikini on.

Copy onto computer, then onto SD? I don't get how that wouldn't work.

It's just CERO rating board in Japan becoming more strict and Squeenix aiming for lowest rating for wider audience. They could've easily accepted higher rating without censoring but they didn't want to.
Blame Squeenix.

Is that iso site kill?

Unfortunately, that's not how it works. You have to transfer the image of your old SD card to the new one.

gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/

Yeah and who's fault is this change in CERO? we are, we are fucking over japan bit by bit.

the thing they cant seem to touch is anime and manga, they would only be able to do this against video games. and first of all if japan think the normal shit is fucking not rated all ages and they really became THAT strict on the level beyond nintendo then holy shit japan has changed. this shit is not even worth censoring the what the fuck is not all ages here.

yes that is indeed how it works, the link you posted is for retards still using rxtools or even >cakes

>tfw still haven't played any of the other dq games that i have but i'm putting 8 on my 3DS anyway
It's happening again.

That's not relevant anymore since a9lh

Bumping this because I would be interested in seeing this happen

Vote
strawpoll.me/12150980

I'm about to install henkaku on my PSTV. Seems simple enough. The only thing I need to know is that 3.61+ games are SOL right?

I copied from sd to computer to sd, maybe something went funky. I'll try again.

DQ8 is a good place to start.

Is RedNAND a meme for wii u or worth using?

I first played DQ8 on PS2 and loved it, like absolutely loved it, became one of my favorite JRPGs.

I was very excited for the 7 remake, but it honestly bored the living shit out of me, it's so fucking repetitive and dull, after like island number 15 or something with the same looking villages and characters and nothing happening at all (plus how broken the job system turned out to be after the eternity I spent actually getting to it), I just stopped playing.

I think I'll replay DQ8 on 3DS and forget about 7 desu, at least for now.

Why do people want the inferior version of dq8? Just emulate the ps2 version uncensored and with the orchestral soundtrack

DQ8 is literally the most accessible, the most streamlined entry in the series, that's fully self contained.
You couldn't ask for a better entry point.

i'm still on cakes though

Because it has a metric fuckton of new content and I already played the PS2 original, emulated in 4K on PCSX2.

I mean, there's just really a lot of new content in this version that makes it worth playing at least once despite the censorship and graphics downgrades:

-Two new playable characters
-New story for Medea, Marcello, Red and other characters
-New dungeons
-New post game story
-Option to marry Jessica
-New skill trees
-New monsters to collect
-On field enemies replace random encounters
-Alchemy pot is instant from the start
-New alchemy recipes
-Weekly online content like Dragon Quest VII 3DS
-Snapshot mode like in Zelda Wind Waker

Sentinels of the starry skies is about as good an entry point

>The entire fucking game is bad even by worst FE standards, add to this the localization on top of that and I wonder why would anyone even play that game until it's at the very least fully fantranslated.

I actually find the game fun and want to play it. At the very least, I'd at least like to be able to continue the story since I haven't beaten it yet and can't fully judge for myself if it's good or bad, even if it means losing the DLC.

If I delete my DLC for it using the 3DS system menu, will I be able to properly redownload the ones I owned in the game?

>cakes

Non-existant story due to being MP focused
No (real) companions, just doll stand-ins for other players if you're playing offline
No big production values that 8 had
No postgame at all since servers are dead

It's one of the worst entry points you could possibly recommend.

>On field enemies replace random encounters

This is the big one for me.
I don't know why, but I just cannot stand JRPGs with invisible random encounters anymore, I'm FFIX on Steam and while I'm enjoying everything about it and will finish it I just dread every single visit to a dungeon or the overworld because after like 3 steps it's WOOOOSH, then a meaningless battle I'll dispatch in a shorter time than it took to load it. Fuck that.

Hello, I have a problem.

I have a 3DS with luma + a9lh, I was trying to make a full backup of my SD card on my computer, put my computer doesn´t want to copy the file in pic related (is the only file inside of the folder named Emunand9 in the root of my card)

Anyone knows why it happnes? is tells my its something about the file´s name.

Huh. Well, cheers for the info. Looks like I'll start with 8, then.

>will I be able to properly redownload the ones I owned in the game?
Yes. You will lose the other ones though, obviously.

*I'm playing FFIX on Steam

I'm not actually Final Fantasy IX

Anybody able to hook a fag up with an update cia for Harvest Moon Skytree Village? I'm retarded and not finding shit.

meme.
Use haxchi.

So this is complete bullshit right?

Shit I was going to ask for an autograph and to touch Garnets butt.

>consequences will never be the same

Take a guess.

>consequences will never be the same

Yes, is bullshit.

Hey
That guy who uploaded NES rom hack cias in full fucking stretched out aspect ratio
Fuck you
And to the guy who uploaded NES games in 8:7
Thanks
you're a cool dude

pretty sure that's gonintendo, the font is all wrong though obviously fake

That's the dream.

So I'm reinstalling the v3 of the DQ8 cia. In order to import my saves from v1 with JKSM do I need to start the game first to "build" the saves, or can I just straight up import the saves and extdata before starting the game?

Is it safe to do a system update from 11.1.0 on o3DS? I have Luma Update v1.4.2, arm9loaderhax version 6.6-b16d887

What is the worst that could happen, if something were to go wrong?

nothing

You need to start once to "build".

Screencap so you all can see it clearly

Anything I should do while I'm still on 11.1?

Thanks my dude.

Should have mentioned, I don't have soundhax or anything yet. I hacked before that came out and everything was working fine up until now so I didn't think I needed it, but now I need to system update so I might need it, I'm not sure.

>DQ8 v3 install started

I've waited so long.

Isn't there a save editor for that content or something?

>mfw I overclocked my n3ds

>overclocked
>overclocked your o3ds games at normal n3ds clock speed

there is no overclocking you just set it to use the n3ds' power if anything it's "not underclocking" if that's even a thing

Is there really a noticeable difference?

Reposting from /v/ because they sent me here.

I've just installed new thumbsticks on my Paperweight U so I think it's time to start using it again.

I'm tempted to hack it but there are a few things that worry me.
>Do I have to give up online for shit like Mario Kart 8 and Mario Maker? Not that I play them that much but Mario Maker is literally useless without online
>Is the hack reversible in case I change my mind?
>What are the chances of completely fucking up or bricking the console?
>I'm on 5-5-1 U, still doable?
>Does it take a Hard Drive via USB for loading games or do I need to sacrifice one of my SD's?
>Is the whole thing stable in general?

Can you provide me with a LITERAL foolproof guide?

just hacked my 3ds
installing a game with free shop but it keeps "retrying" or suspending the download.
is that normal?

Luma nightly just uses /titles//locale.txt instead /locales/.txt, you just need to adjust the filepath and name to that.

FBI has a modded intro that replaces the original 3ds one

everything just plays smoother, there's only about 4 or 5 games that really get a boost

>duel mat
Fight my red-eyes deck, faggot.

>tfw almost 100% sanely sure this is fake but paranoia that they're coming for you guys is making me believe it's real

is there anything i'm missing? was this just taken down from some site? i know it ends with an ancient meme but you never know they might have just said that by coincidence

some faggot on /vp/ says that this was from nintendo life but it doesn't look shit like a nintendo life article

Is Dragon Quest IV the only game in the series to let you pick a female main character?

said it's from gonintendo well not really since it's fake but you get it

My uncle works for nintendo and he said they've tracked the IPs of everyone who used Freeshop, and they're going to fine them the prices of the games they downloaded as well as an additional $300 per title for damages.

sorry i just have really bad paranoia that shit like this is real

i know i shouldn't be listening to random anons who say "it got taken down but i'm not giving sauce because no spoonfeeding xddd" especially when this article isn't mentioned anywhere aside from Veeky Forums and i don't think it even found its way to /v/ during prime time nintendo shitposting week, but goddamn paranoia drives me nuts

how do i get Decrypt9?
been looking for it for freeshop install

don't worry the font is completely wrong just go to gonintendo really quick to calm you down

Ok, deleted the post to update/edit the copypasta. Quick question, for the nightly/hourly version you have to enable"enable game patching" option instead?

Ok guys, I updated. My 3DS didn't explode. Nothing happened. We good.

Today my ds decided to stop installing CIA files I keep getting this error even with games that I already deleted the tickets

Failed to install cia
Result Code: 0xD8E0806A
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid Argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106)

Anything I can do?
it was working last night

did you update luma?

Bring it on motherfucker

>tfw nobody answered my questions ;-;

All this DQ talk, so here's my question.

Can anyone spoonfeed me link to the latest version of the fantranslated DQM remake? All links I see are either old or dead.

So it's embedded in the .cia then? Would be cool to theme after games, emulators etc

Yes.

Which Fates version are you looking for exactly? I think I still have the .cia for the SE with swimsuit restoration/undub/earlier fan translation and some other stuff.

No I didnt

So I installed the Yoshi's Woolly World cia and very time I try to launch it, it gets stuck in the 3DS screen, do i need to config something in Luma?

You don't give up anything. You can just download a game and install it straight to the hardrive with a browser exploit and it will work online and everything just fine. If it's a game that isn't released on a disk you'll need to run a sig patch first through the same exploit and that's it. Super easy and virtually no risk.

Yo my dude, please up that shit.

I have physical Conquest with Birthright and Revelations as DLC. The only other thing I was using for it was the romfs undub and swimsuit patch run through hans, and the undubbed DLC.

I'd prefer to not lose my save files, or have to take up a bunch of space on my SD for a cia version of the game if possible.

>Not using that Dark Magician for an Amulet Dragon
C'mon, I've got DM and Slifer in my deck, too.

Anyways, don't have to sacrifice online, hack is reversable easily. You'll only fuck up if you don't read the instructions, 5-5-1 is perfect and recommended, you can load games from SD or USB, but you'll need an SD card to install them. And it's hella stable.

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/279338-mega-dragon-quest-viii-journey-cursed-king-music-undub-orchestra-eur.html

man yoshi is super comfy

Just in case here's an example from Taiko so you dont fuck up your pasta

Seems the site is kill
;A;

yes, do the usual locales shit for luma
choose either EUR EN or USA EN

wut? loading fine for me, sometimes they cuck people from a certain country though

I bricked my 3DS so bad that even a reputable hardmodder cannot fix it.

I'm a fucking retard.

It's fucking with me right now then, can you post the download link please?

It's up but some ISPs block it (or the site blocks some range of IPs?). I need to use an extension to auto-switch its domain to a proxy here because otherwise it won't load.

But here's the link mega.nz/#!Ik9xCIRJ!u6nfiedUUIBoZPnnwO6AmI6XlrVduhVc4OE4zbD9xKM

Joined hacked O3DSXL masterrace. I already have freeShop. What homebrew should I get?