FAQ: pastebin.com/bRNZdkx0

Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/8EkUMikP

Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Just Released

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004
Check pastebin for download links or for hints

>Upcoming Games

Heartful Maman (MILF Eroge) - January 27 2017
Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
Beat Game - Presumably some point in 2017
Two other games by the Evenicle and Rance 03 teams (New IPs)

>Released In Last Year (See FAQ for downloads and info)

June 2016 - Tsumamigui Extra (JAP)
January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

d.hatena.ne.jp/kanoke/20100504).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What if Rance X trailer is in this game Bonus Content?

It is Abert now.

Without getting to power up completely Gele might not be stronger than Kayblis.
Gele is no longer the true demon king anymore as Kamilla would know

Rance X trailer won't be put in like that because the potential market for Rance is much bigger.

If they do start announcing Rance X information it will be after Heartful Maman is release though.

True, but it's still good enough of a proof to showcase Rance's potential ability.

Beat 3 is more likely to be the bonus, or maybe one of the two new IP games.

Yoidere Dragon said that he'll work hard so Rance X can be finished this year, so they probably aren't done with the story and dialogue yet. I think a 2018 release is pretty likely.

She wouldn't know how strong Gele was after being unsealed though, and even then she was probably still stronger than Kayblis.

TADA said years ago soon before IX was released that he wanted to finish with X's story by the time IX would be done, so that has to be well done by now.

Not compared to personally fighting both of them.

As far as canon is concerned she was dominating Rance and his party, even though he had Chaos (which on an aside Xavier is never shown to do), until she got distracted by a third party* and Rance got in a crucial hit while she wasn't paying attention. All the while still injured from her fight with Kayblis.

Kayblis on the other hand absolutely crushed her in a few hits while not even trying to do so and by VI she still hadn't recovered from the injuries she received.

*On another aside she doesn't think Rance killed Reincock. Her reaction to the sneak attack is to wonder if this third party are the guys who killed Reincock.

She's actually right about that of course but she doesn't know that it is Abert and thinks it is another group of humans allied with Rance

If anything isn't done yet on his end it's probably just the dialogue. TADA has been working on the scenario for X since like half a decade ago, to the point where he didn't even do IX's and left it all to Purin. I can't even imagine how big X would be if that wasn't finished by now considering how quickly Alicesoft is able to release one big game after another.

Well she knows Gele is weak enough to get killed by another Dark Lord and would have no way of knowing that Gele managed to regain her full strength after getting sealed.

In any case the best judgement is that Kamilla has fought both Rance and Kayblis and knows she is stronger than Rance and weaker than Kayblis.

Which Gal monster would you fuck

Battle Notes is the best looking.

Would also fuck Valkyrie, Kamikaze, Captain Vanilla and Tokkou.

And Wenlina if she counts.

Bezeleye
Valkyrie
Battle Notes
Conte

Battle Notes.

Anyone know if there are things like skip text, auto read, or message log in KR? I know it's an old game but I might as well ask

No

There's an skip text, but it skips everything, even text you haven't read yet.
No for the rest.

I can't imagine it being bigger than Quest + Magnum. I know it has a lot to cover between the Monster Realm stuff (including the holy gal monsters) and the Creator route stuff, not to mention various loose ends, but Quest+Magnum was only that huge because of all of the filler.

I wonder if they'll put the creator stuff in the postgame like how Rance VI put the Albert stuff in the post game, but that would be kind of awkward.

Is there a keyboard shortcut?

spacebar isn't it?

Each scene is like 5 lines long so I have no idea why you'd bother skipping

Mustache!

Realistically, Kyan Kyan. Everything else is probably too OP for me.

Though, if I had a choice, I would still pick Kyan Kyan, and I would get a Valkyrie too as pets rather than sex slaves.

I still find it a little cute/funny that the only Gal Monster that Seed puts a collar and leash on when he takes it out of his house is the Kyan Kyan.

I wanted to do more with Seed's house, but the goddamned Option Eaters made me give up on that. Fuck those things, I'm glad they never appeared again in any game.

i activated autoskip dialogue by mistake in rance 6 now there is no fucking way to turn it off it all disappears way too fast
can't find any options
pls help

i already tried deleting the game and restarting from the beginning btw it didn't help

Regret it for the rest of your life

Go to the CGs, repeat a scene, and click S as fast as you can.

thanks

>i already tried deleting the game and restarting from the beginning btw
Why the fuck would you do that instead of just clicking on "Skip previously read text (On)"

Use the menu bar.

Y-You reinstalled the game??

I can't imagine someone completing Seed's house 100%. I can't fathom how much money that would cost.

menu bar

>YUKIMI is already 50

>Beat Kayblis
>Ending
>Credits roll on
>Credits stop midway
>Gigantic white whale slowly appears in the background and says it's bored
>Game comes back

Lia best girl.

Working since 18, nice.

Just got into the post game, is there another credits sequence after I complete everything, or does it just continue until I hit the credits button?

another credits sequence after you complete the post game. You will get a new option

she's really the best

Who is your favourite member of the music team? For me it's either Shade or DJ C++.

Ok so I've finished rance 01, 03, VI, Sengoku and Quest.
I've also read some brief explanation on 4 (d.hatena.ne.jp/kanoke/20100504).

Lore wise, do I need to know anything else before starting IX?

I don't mind missing some obscure references but if it makes the game make more sense I'm willing to read more.
I remember someone here posting a link that explains the contents of the 4-5D but couldn't find a link (it was in english).

Well Rance IV is actually semi important for IX.

More so than Sengoku or Quest.

But you can just read a let's play on RPG codex.

Why wouldn't you just play 02 and IV? They're literally just a couple hours long.

Considering a third of the important characters from IV is friends of Patton, yeah.

Rance 4 matters a lot to IX. It might help to play Kichikuou as well to have more familiarity with Helman, but it isn't necessary. 5D is not very relevant to the Rance series as a whole besides some light foreshadowing to Sengoku and establishing characters.

You finished the Magnum expansion for Quest? You basically need to do that or some stuff won't make any sense at all.

Also I'd recommend you play IV anyway, it's actually pretty relevant to IX because some of the main characters return from that game in particular, and some of the plot points tie back to it.

Honestly though, you'll probably be fine. Just make sure you read all the events, they explain most of the stuff related to IV, I think because they don't expect everyone to have played it considering it's an old game with no remake. If you're in doubt about something just look it up, there are great lore-related resources in both English and Japanese. You'll miss out just a bit from not having played IV, but it won't be the end of the world.

I'd also play 02 if you haven't already, or at least read the Rance II digest to know the origin of Maria and Shizuka. Playing 5D isn't required, there aren't any references to it in IX afaik.

You played 01 but not 02 and IV???

To be fair, 01 is way better than 02. 02 was just them testing the waters and seeing if this whole remake thing was worth it, it wasn't even released on its own.

And the fact that the Holy Magic Sect is pretty important to IX

If he started with the modern games it makes perfectly sense

Good friends.
If we're talking about just friends it's pretty much the entire cast of IV.

>And the fact that the Holy Magic Sect is pretty important to IX
You're right, but you can play IX without knowing anything about it. They explain everything in main events, Patton's conversations with Freak, and stuff getting explained to Rance because he forgot. Actually making it so Rance doesn't really remember anything unless it's related to a cute girl is pretty smart on Alicesoft's end, it gives them an excuse to restate stuff that already happened for players that don't know, without it seeming like shoehorned exposition.

Alright, I'll play IV. How difficult is the gameplay? If it requires grinding I'll just read Rpg codex thing.

It was magnum yea.

No. 02 was just a celebration thing released for the 20th anniversary of the Rance series but they then realised that Rance I needed a proper remake so just did a graphic update for II

Yeah but you can say the same about 03 and VI when playing IX. If user made the effort to play them so he didn't miss out than he may as well play IV (or read the Let's Play)

Its pretty easy. I never had to grind in it. The back and forth parts can get a bit frustrating though.

I don't know if you've played III (the original) but it's fundamentally like that, but improved. It's a dungeon crawler/SRPG where you move in a dungeon and then have random/scripted encounters, and in those encounters you fight on a grid with multiple units.

If I remember right it doesn't require grinding, but honestly it gets a bit dry during some parts. It's definitely a full-fledged game and for its time was pretty good (probably the best game Alicesoft made up to that point, a place which imo was usurped only a year later by Toushin Toshi 2), it even has some h-scenes that you can actually jerk off to. But personally I don't think it holds up that well today. When compared to the remakes for example, or Rance IX which is actually another SRPG by Alicesoft, or even TT2 which came out a year later, it's not that great.

If only they had included that "fucking raises your level cap" mechanic in VII.

Levels are part of a sideshow in Sengoku rance

Play 02, IV, 5D and KR, idiot

>no FR events
>joins for like 2 missions
>doesn't give sex after rehab

Urza is a cunt

Rance fucks her in the true end

;_;

We must all strive to be like this heroic man

Well that sucks that Rance killing her is canon.

that doesn't confirm she is dead though

Youkai in Rance's universe are supposed to not die that easily. She probably came back the next day.

He still killed her after being kind of a huge asshole to her.

He only finds out about her neck during sex, and her death is unavoidable once you choose to fuck her.

Youkai don't stay dead

Rance's glacially slow character development is one of my favourite things about the series.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

>glacially slow
It's only been what, five years from Rance 1 to 9?

yes

So are people actually interested in continuing the drawfag weekends now that things have settled down?

I am

Probably, I still need to finish that Maris.

Any thoughts on a theme?

Draw whoever?
Draw a Dark Lord?
Draw a someone from JAPAN?
Draw someone from the Free Cities?

JAPAN maybe? It's the only actual country left.

What does the future hold for Alicesoft after they finish with Rance?

>fight with 12 fucking Akame in the Pentagon Base
Seriously, what the fuck is this bullshit?

Shizuka + Earthquake

Their other IPs.

Plus its only the end of canon Rance. Not necessarily the end of Rance.

Shizuka gets killed instantly by two or three deciding to torch my rear line in one turn.

Hanny Zippo

Use Copadon and play lottery, luck items recommended.

Does Alicesoft have anything else lined up in development outside of that game in the OP? It can't be too long before Rance 10 is announced.

Hopefully.

Rance 10 was already announced, there's just no release date yet besides "2017".

They have two other games lined up which are new IPs.

Based on the Alicesoft Store the Shizuka merchandise sells out quicker than Kenshin

Maybe. There's no reason to stop really. And even if no there's no drawings this week, who knows, maybe next week you'll get ten.
For example, I'm too lazy and undisciplined to to anything, but if the theme is interesting, sure, I'll be charged with enough enthusiasm to draw something.

Rance X and the next Beat game.

And then the Rance 03 team is working on a new IP and the Evenicle team is working on another new IP

Rance 04 when?

>Rance 03 team is working on a new IP
Not Rance 04? How disappointing.
Then again, maybe they didn't want Rance 04 to leech attention from Rance X.

Probably won't work on it until after X.

III needed a remake because it has a lot of important stuff for X but all the plot remnants from IV got resolved in IX

I'm interested in seeing how the remake team can come up with.

Is it required to trigger the Flash to take over Zeth? I guess I can sacrifice Asuka but losing units pains me.

You need to deploy 2 units.
Miki doesn't die so that's one and you can deploy Mars or the cheap mercenary you hrie from pluepet.

Send Miki and send someone you need to die to get sex scenes or endings - Sill/Cordoba/Rick

Already killed Mars off in Helman, guess I should have thought about the mercenary but what's done is done I guess. Sent Asuka and Miki.

>sending a 5 year old to die