Just got this car used... Anyone else with the same one got some advice for me?

Just got this car used... Anyone else with the same one got some advice for me?
I think I messed up. The CVT feels weird and road noise is loud
why do I suck at making decisions

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.caranddriver.com/honda-recalling-143000-civic-and-fit-models-for-cvt-trouble/
carcomplaints.com/Honda/Civic/
illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/consumers/3dayright.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Honda Civic Coupe
>Not an Si
>R18 engine with a CVT
>not the K24 engine with the 6MT
You fucked up hard.

ive had it for two days. how do i return it????
i think ima have a panic attack

ACCURATE

Return if you can and get what this user mentioned. I love my civic si

dude i am terrible at making informed decisions. can i return it!??!

talk to the dealer. If you haven't made the first payment yet, you may have hope.
Try to get a Civic Si instead. They come only with a 6 speed manual, so you do need to know how to drive a stick.

its been two days. payment is the 18 of marth.
going to call my dealer
what do i tell him
should i fake how sad i am??

There is nothing wrong with this car,

But it is, what it is. It's a super lame grocery getter that's reliable and great mpg.

>Try to get a Civic Si instead. They come only with a 6 speed manual
I agrre with getting an Si but mine (ep3) is 5 speed

Doesn't sound like you need to fake anything

2006+ Civic Si's are 6 speed manual only. All 2005 and older Si's are 5 speeds, but they are ALL manual transmissions.

I got it for $12k usd financed 2015 42k miles

i shouldve gotten a mazda3 lol

youre right. this is the first time ive gotten my own car and its the biggest purchase ive made. i regret it

OP here. anxiety is at an all time high. I SHOULDNT HAVE BOUGHT A BORING OVERPRICED CVT TRANNY SLOW LOUD CABIN NOISED PIECE OF SHIT!

I want my money baaaack
I hate being an adult!

It's not a great deal, but it's not an awful deal

Three deep breaths buddy, you are ok

true. but now im hearing bad stuff about CVT and acceleration and cabin noise...
i just am having regrets and this was a big commitment for me.

I COULD HAVE GOTTEN A BETTER CAR MAN

I'm trying... Being a big boy is hard for me.
is the car shit?

should should be fine im sure they'll want to make some sort of deal with you but it might cost you a little depending on how you paid for it.

>is the car shit?
You have to take the car to have the transmissions fluid flushed every 15,000 miles. have that done first. keep doing that every 15k along with regular maintenance and it should be fine until you are in the black enough to be able to trade it for an Si.
This is of course if they won't let you change your mind. You haven't made the first months payment yet, so chances are good you can still back out.

dude the Si will be better than the CVT Civic by a lot but it wont really fix the cabin noise... unless the CVT is loud or something idk never heard that before but ive never driven a cvt

true, bet youre right.
i should've looked harder, i bet i could've gotten a better car for a better deal somewhere else

I have the paper from the last owner seeing what they did at jiffy lube.
i will go see if they ever even did the flush before. If not I bet go to it right away.

I'm still debating on keeping the car. My monthly payment comes to $195 plus $122 full coverage. :(
I still have my old car that is paid off from 2005. Maybe I should fix it up and keep it lol

>My monthly payment comes to $195 plus $122 full coverage
That's honestly not that bad. If you can't back out, just be happy it's an ok car and that you aren't overpaying for it.

i guess its not terrible. I wish I got more than an ok car.
well the dealer is about to open. going to try to make a decision and see if im going to even attempt to return the car or sort out a deal with them. i guess i dont need to make that deicision today though, right? as long as its before the first pay date...
thanks for the advice user. any other car i should look at?

>any other car i should look at?
Scion tC (2011+ only. Avoid 2005 to 2010 cars)
or the Volkswagen beetle Turbo (2012+. It's basically a Golf GTI with a Beetle body)

The scion seems ok.
Im starting to want to save money and might just go back to fixing up my old nissan sentra 05 and using that again.
I drive 90 miles a day...5 days a week sooo

Can you just kill yourself or fuck off and never come back? We told you to buy a civic for 3k or fix your current car. You've been shitting up the board for a week.

i only wanna talk to new people ok. this is an user image board so dont act like you know me. I dont have a username so dont assume!

Pls also be nicer to me. what if i really did kill myself and then you'd get in huge trouble.

we know you because we remember the details of your situation. just deal with the Civic. We gave you advice that you ignored. Now you have buyers remorse. Deal with it. We all get buyers remorse at some point.

kek

maybe youre right. i should just deal with it. just sucks i pay $247 more a month than what i used to.
and soon i will pay rent for an extra $300 a month in 4 months...
fuck lol

used fiesta st can prolly be had for under 20. Mazda 3 is also always a good choice. idk what your criteria are or budget is

Opinion on my choice. I'm op

Honda was never known for its reliability for automatics or the CVT.

I mean it did get a recall and you dont buy a car with history of transmission recalls

Dammit.
OK I'm almost convinced I need to get rid of the car. Really fucking hope they let me take it back. I am being punished for being mentally ill and having anxiety.

What state do you live in?

>There is nothing wrong with this car,
Other than the fact that it's got a weak engine only outpowering the Corolla in its class, shit CVT and bottom of the class tier NVH. But sure, class competitive MPG saves the day.

blog.caranddriver.com/honda-recalling-143000-civic-and-fit-models-for-cvt-trouble/

>flushing transmission fluid every 15K miles
>flushing a cvt
>flushing a transmission at all
You have zero knowledge of Honda's HCF-2 Fluid change intervals
Don't give advice ever again

I live in southern IL

I wish I look into the car even more being purchasing it. It's at 42k miles. I should've looked harder...
I just really like how it looks and the bluetooth is awesome but I can find better I'm sure!

carcomplaints.com/Honda/Civic/

Sorry, can't find anything to help you in IL.

Why did you fucking buy it, then?

damn, thank you for even trying, though. Appreciate.
What exactly were you trying to do?

I bought my car from Laura Buick in IL...Might give them a call on Monday if I am still in this huge buyers remorse hell. I can't even enjoy my weekend. lol

Because I am a dumb fuck, i seriously felt kinda rushed into it because my other car needed a few hundred dollars worth of repairs to get my license sticker...
i really am just a dumb person

>What exactly were you trying to do?
illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/consumers/3dayright.html

Your only hope is to go back in and tell them you bit off more than you can chew and ask them to sell you a cheaper car and tear up the other contract.

Or if you're the luckiest fuck in the world and they actually take the car back they might only charge you a restocking fee.

fuck being an adult,...

this, r18z1 is garbage tier. at least i have the sedan so its not bad for dd

Stop being a beta and try to take it back already. If they say "yes," great, get your money back and do research before you buy again. If "no," then just drive the fucker, chances are you won't see any problems until at least 100k, by then you can either trade it in or replace the CVT. It's not that complicated of a matter

You just need to find a new inspection place. I drive a Chevy Crapalier without a cat, only 1 reverse light, and a horn that's barely louder than I whisper (Among many other issues). I'm still able to find some run down, Mexican ghetto autoshop in my city to pass my inspection every year.

They close in 2 hours and a half. I will wait until Monday. I can't just stop being a beta. I feel like a child mentally and I'm not really sure how to mature and "act my age". I'm 25 this month too...

Also replace a CVT? That would basically get rid of the main issue for me. I mean it'd be expensive I bet.
Was hoping this car wouldn't give me issues until at least 180k+... I am sorry I am bugging this board but when I find out I made a bad decision that is going to cost me over $13k in the long run my anxiety level has been through the roof

Just drive it there's nothing wrong with it. They get 40mpg so it's a perfect commuter.
I have the same car but mines a sedan and it's stick

u fucked up.

ive got an 07 civic with 5speed auto and SOHC, i couldnt imagine how shit it would be with a fuckin cvt

Oh shut the fuck up. You are throwing around swapping transmissions like its a viable option...literally go fuck yourself. CVT hate aside they probably are up to par with regular A/T's...if not better in regards to mpgs and less moving parts. Just fuck off..Holy shit you really think you can throw around a "just replace it"... You cvt haters are really dumb.

Op...just keep it. Honda makes good long lasting cars. The cvt is boring but reliable...just ride with it because its an excellent commuter.

You've never dealt with a CVT them Had to replace my stepmoms 4 times before it hit 100k.
The problem is that CVTs can't deal with more than 80 HP reliably. Everyone is switching to them because they're small, cheap and because they help them meet CAFE standards easier. DCTs are the future, though they are much more expensive.

OP here.
I've cried enough today. Pls stop!!!!!!!

Jesus christ m8, are you sure you're not a 14 year old girl?

Honestly im calling bullshit you probably have had defective equip. What automaker was this?

It was a 2003 Saturn Ion Coupe.
Best friend is a technician at a Nissan dealer. he regularly sees CVTs replaced every 30k.

>Not honda.

Honda I believe is leading in regards to cvt transmissions. The fact that it was a Saturn doesn't surprise me. Nissan is notorious for having the shittiest cvts today.

Also calling bullshit because cvt fluid is replaced every 30k or so

CVT fluid is replaced every 15k.
and he's seen Nissans come in for CVT replacements with 600 miles on the odometer. Not even a thousand miles.

>I just really like how it looks and the bluetooth is awesome
are you a woman?

idk man. All I know is I have a honda is cvt and its not giving me issues.

It's gotten to the point I will refuse to touch anything with a CVT

you could have bought a 2017 mirage w/ a 10yr warranty with that money

>Implying Mitsubishi is going to last 10 years to even live up to the warranty.

>Cucked Vagina Transmission
lol nigga are you even serious right now? You fucked up bigly.

>big league

for chew

Bullshit, i have a lancer with cvt, (the 2.4l 4b12 engine) ~170hp and it handles it fine. Done nearly 60,000km with no hiccups whatsoever and it's plenty quick if you learn how to drive them and the quirks of the transmission (slight rubber-banding) having peak torque always at your disposal makes driving it a lot nicer than a standard auto, just increasing your throttle input slightly when going up hills to maintain speed. The transmission also seems to adapt to your driving style so that 99% of the time it doesn't have to rev above 2.5 to 3k rpm unless you're going up a hill. If you have the option of tiptronic too it can be quite fun. Obviously it's not a manual but compared to standard auto cvt can be a generally nicer drive.

Yo...throwback. Thanks to big league I now smoke a pack a day of cigarettes. THANKS OBAMA

atleast it's red

jeez man why did you get the civic coupe?

looks like a Prius desu

I just picked up anything accord 2008<
they all look alike to me
overpaid for mine too

already passed the regret phase & am in love

>Prius
i guess they look alike. im calling the dealer on monday and hoping to god they will take it back. going to cry on phone too
fuck my civic coupe. i change my mind after reading all these negatives comments

I already left a message at Laura Buick that the autist that bought the red Civic is going to call with some faggoty whining about a refund and to treat you with the derision you deserve.

Not Honda cvt. It's replaced every 30K. If you drive in mountains under constant acceleration and the tranny is always hot you replace it every 25K.

Not all manufacturer on the road that produce cars with cvt fluid is changed the same as others retard.