Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/comparisons/2002-dodge-stratus-r-t-page-4
monkeywrenchracing.com/product/mwr-engine-mount-kit-corollamatrix-k2024-swap-4/
monkeywrenchracing.com/product/mwr-axle-pair-toyota-corolla-k-series-swap/
youtube.com/watch?v=ONELXUj29u8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why not?

you mother fucker i posted that image. that guy was a nut job

how much for a 3sgte swap in this? what about a super charged 4age? what about a 2t-g?
I am so fuckign sad. at least its manual
practical ways to make it lighter/gofast? any tips? i need to do this for my dad

gut the interior
dump the spare wheel

I found that image on google.
You seem autistic

>hey senpai lets all go get pizza we'll take your car
>oh uh...
>theres only one seat....
>what

hey keep your chin up according to Veeky Forums corollas are faster than the M3

As mentioned before, the more weight you take off of it, the faster it will go. Better tires than whatever economy-minded all seasons that are probably on it will go a long way, as well.

That's the price you pay for speed

even takumi could still take his bro and two bitches to the beach

i didn't say gut the entire interior
get a welder
2 light junkyard seats
and start brainstorming
ur welcome

What about sikk engine and tranny swaps?

well the speed of how fast a Corolla puts power to the front wheels is faster than the m3

>mfw I just remembered that all 3 vehicles I've owned have been made in 2003

It was a good fucking year man, 2 out of the 3 vehicles are still in great condition

>tfw 2002 outback

fast enough for me

suggestions?

H30 is a top tier engine if you have that

why is a 2003 corolla so heavy?

I don't, unfortunately. My only regret.

ej25?
Sell it

but i like it

>tfw 1998 1.3l corolla
I'm right there with you bro.

unlike a certain tripfriend you have 3 digit hp.

no you dont
no he doesnt

They are

LS swap it

I'm glad I don't like cars outside of benchracing. It's a incredibly expensive hobby. Gaming is a better hobby anyways.

Why?
>swap out for the 2ZZ 1.8 from the sportivo corolla (also in the celica/MR2/lotus elise)
>take advantage of the awesome aftermarket support from supercharger kits, to stroker kits and ITB's galore.
>basic chassis work to make a fun drivers car

Be like me and total it, then buy a 300zx.

>scumbag totals cars so he can buy his scumbag dream car
Then you wonder why we call you scumbags

Wasn't my fault. It was an accident (obviously) and totally not on purpose. I've been wanting a manual relatively fast car for a year and half, and the accident was justification enough to get one. I couldn't justify buying a new car when the one I had was working just fine.

2zz is way more expensive
e120 is too heavy and pigfat

2500lbs isnt heavy

kek

e120 is 3000 lbs

>Ill never be fast
Not with that attitude.
A pro driver with a good set of tires could set a better laptime than you on just about any track, even if you were in a LaF. Driving skill and a good set of tires can do more for your speed than an engine swap or forced induction ever will. 0-60 benchracers need not apply, if all you care about is acceleration in a straight line buy an electric car. To put it plainly: git gud and buy tires

No its not.

not sure if trolling but I do agree, I am the user recommending a 2zz because its a great little engine that came in the corollas.

I learnt to drive fast by tracking a 1982 toyota corona with the 21r-c restricted hilux 4 cylinder. 80hp on a good day through the generic celica 5 speed.

but with some good suspension, tyres and brakes I was embarrassing some better cars on open days until it came to the straight.

It taught me basically how to control the car on its limit, and how to keep as much speed through the corners as possible because i knew I wouldn't have the acceleration to regain speed from rough driving.

pic related but not mine.

Proof?
>giving user false hope

At least a corona is rwd
stop pretending a 2000s base model corolla is good

you actually have a good setup desu

>keep the corolla as a DD
>can put a gorillion miles on it
>reliable,cheap to repair, and great on gas
>put money away from job to save up for fun weekend car

there is your plan. If you are a NEET get off your ass and get a job

>not wanting to mod your car to be a race car
What you suggested is boring

What are some thing I can take out of the car that I dont need?

its a toyota corolla though....

it would take a good amount of money and time he could have used to buy a much better platform

not really
you can get a good mod for cheap

no

>muh rwd is better in every way all the time
fwd has lots of upsides, sure you're not going to make a 400HP car fwd but a corolla doesn't have enough power for the flaws of fwd to hinder the car in a major way like they would if it did make loads of power, and it can take advantage of the benefits of fwd if you know what you're doing. Regardless, a good driver can drive a car fast no matter which wheels are driven. Yes rwd is better most of the time, but to imply that fwd makes a car slow is just plain ignorant.

should i pop a 2ZZGE in this?

passenger seat

>mfw ls1 with a tune and soon cam and heads
GOTTAGOFAST

>2006 Mazda 3
>tfw automatic

automatic ls1 was the worst feel.

the trans slowly chewed itself out because it couldnt handle 300rwhp and 400ftlb of toruqe

I actually feel bad for you, I've got one in manual, it's actually quite a fun little economy car. Heard the slushbox is real bad.

Dude, modding takes time. DD and project is the only sensible way to do it. Then when you've gotten your project to where you want you can drive it as often as you want and keep the daily as a winter beater, people hauler, etc.

>tfw 2009 aygo
>tfw 3-cylinder
>tfw 1.0L
>tfw naturaly aspirated
>tfw 68hp
>tfw 850kg

I´ll never be fast, but at least I´m not pigfat.

i dunno, shit hyundais get 90hp with 900kg and those are pretty gutless

>DD and project is the only sensible way to do it.

Exactly, completely, 100% full stop no.

That's how projects languish for years in a state of only-needs-that-one-little-part-then-I'll-drive-it-I-swear. You always find some other part that could be replaced, or you daydream about engine builds until you've somehow decided you need to drop $40k just to get that one adamantium turbo because absolutely nothing else would work, ever.

Mod the daily, fix it when it breaks. It provides a sense of urgency to the mod, because if you don't get it done on your days off, you can't get to work to earn more money for more mods. With a dedicated project, it doesn't matter if it sits for 8 months while you consider whether 80 or 82 lb-ft of torque on the bolts would be better, as you read and re-read hundreds of forum posts on the subject, so it just sits.

Mind, there are some cool cars that started life as dedicated projects, but the guys that build them tend to be made of money or it took them 20 years to do it.

At least I get a decent fuel economy (60mpg+) and not extremely slow top speed of 110mph+.

do some weight reduction.

Haha ok
FWD cuck

>tfw you think you like your car but then an user on Veeky Forums tells you you don't

we're not allowed like things here user

Ew

>tfw 112hp

OP here
THis is me
Look at this fat piece of shit
Ill never be fast.
What can I do to it? is there a cheaper option than 2zz that still gives *some* fun to the car? things I can do to the transmission?
Wheels? How can I reduce weight?

Buy a starlet if you want rightu weightu

We never got that.

It's 2600 lbs last time I checked.
>captcha: sportivo avenue

The Yaris is a terrible shitbox. At least e120 is somewhat comfy and ok to drive.

dont those weight like 1100kg and come with a 1ZZ

AWD matrix rear suspension & diff?

Ah the mustang, the epitome of poorly designed american shit boxes during the 90's.
>anemic engine
>live rear axle truck suspension
>toy car interior
>dated as fuck body
>horrible brakes

the car was so bad it lost to a fwd dodge Stratus with a V6

caranddriver.com/comparisons/2002-dodge-stratus-r-t-page-4

never lose hope friendo

>205k miles on an 07 dodge

>tfw you could have the 168hp one.
you fuggedit

Jesus fucking christ has Corey returned?

>2012 ford focus se
>0 aftermarket products other than air intakes
>i still have fun accelerating with a three second response time

I'm looking into putting on the 167hp inlet and exhaust manifolds and porting the head a little.
Should get me to 150hp according to the interwebs.
The standard ports look very rough.

>tfw 1983 corolla
I want to feel nothing guys.
Ill never be fast enough to get enough sleep at night.

>tfw 2004 ford mustang
>190 hp
Will I ever be fast?

Why are you so upset? You have a perfectly reliable, easy to insure, easy to maintain shitbox that you have no need to baby. Especially if you have it paid off (lel it's beyond sad if you don't) you are in the PERFECT place to buy a sporty project shitbox for cheap and build it up. You can save up a few grands and have any kind of barely running or impractical shitbox that you like without worrying about putting work miles on it during the week or having to take the bus while you do some serious modifications. You need to be positive and b thankful m8.

Don't do this though. Don't be that guy.

Why not K-swap it?
monkeywrenchracing.com/product/mwr-engine-mount-kit-corollamatrix-k2024-swap-4/
monkeywrenchracing.com/product/mwr-axle-pair-toyota-corolla-k-series-swap/

>2007 mazda 3 2.3l

I know the slow feel

Thats not slow you moron.

How so?

same here OP, corolla ce '03. 200k+ miles. As soon as I land a new job I'm putting her to rest at last. Timing belt is going to need a repair soon and won't really be worth it anymore...

I have one. I can get on the freeway with a short ramp doing near 90mph

A corolla cannot.

>$60 isnt worth a good running car
Fucking morons

this

I know i have one too, i'm just butthurt mine has valve tick but other than that it is a dank car. Too scared to get on it ever so i wouldn't know how fast it is, i like second gear from 40km/h you can get glued hard as fuck but i pussy out once i hit like 5k rpm.

Mine runs perfect at 165k.
Fix your shit

Mine just rolled over 201000km/124k miles and i am going to look into getting the tick fixed. Hopefully it's not the intake manifold like some people say their tick is from and you have to replace the whole thing apparently because the part that goes bad is molded into the intake.

This is a video of the tick, sounds like shit. Makes me feel sad.

youtube.com/watch?v=ONELXUj29u8

I was thinking it'd be closer to $200. I don't expect to get much out of trade / private sale either: missing a hubcap, driver side weather proofing needs replaced, a number of scratches and a couple small nicks in the windshield. I'd be floored if I got $500, I don't trust KBB valuing it at a grand.

Maybe my numbers are wrong and / or I'm a retard lol

Just buy an sho for three grand

i feel you OP, i dd an 06. Don't sell the corolla short though. it's incredibly easy to work on in the rare chance something actually gets fucked up. Not to mention it only costs $20 to fill a tank that will last you a week and a half unless you're a full time driver of some kind.

My corolla got me across the country with no issues, takes hits like a fucking tank, always runs like a charm at 128k miles. yeah it's a pretty "lame" car a
but i plan on running mine into the dirt.

Go for a 2ZZ-GE swap from an XRS corolla. Kits are $2500.

kek what's it got to do with your dad?

Both from 2001
>MDX dropped its tranny at 185k, at 240k and about to drop another one
>just had to replace the entire brake and fuel lines on my Pontiac
Fuck 2001 I want your 03s senpai

Driver