Going to buy a new car this year, currently driving a Toyota MR-S

Going to buy a new car this year, currently driving a Toyota MR-S.
So it's either a BRZ for the handling or a 370Z for the power. I love driving corners, so handling > speed. Anyways, the 0-60 of the BRZ is horrible. Furthermore, I don't want to have to change the engine on a new car. (turbo)
Give me input.

Other urls found in this thread:

fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow-springs-streets-of-willow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why is the 0 to 60 so important?

As I said, handling > speed for me.
But overtaking should be easily possible ... and there some raw power helps.

used 07+ 350z

buy a used lotus elise for 30k

Yeah, I know .. this was the plan all the time.
But I hate to maintain two cars for me and I need something for everday. My wife drives a sedan ... so I can stick to a sports car

>I need something for everday
civic si

350z looks dated as fuck both inside and out.

370z is leagues above the 350z in every category

get the BRZ and a Supercharger kit

on my usual commute home from work, there is a 70kmh speed limit with speeding cameras, right where it ends, there is a massively long, straight, steep uphill section. after a downshift and a couple seconds, I'm overtaking everything at 140-160kmh uphill. by the top of it I could potentially top the car out at 240kmh, if i want.

and I've kept power mods to the minimum. just a catback which probably gains me 0.1kw at the wheels, and some shielded ram intake. all i've focused on are brakes, tires and loosing dead weight.

the 86 isn't a fast car, but its plenty quick for a sports car, and in regular traffic it'll be as fast as you need it to be. whats most important is how a car manages, and carries speed through a corner, in my opinion anyways.

wouldn't touch a modern Z with a 10 foot pole either way.

BRZ or Golf R? Yes I know they're different.

BRZ

the golf is a golf, if you're at that point, you might as well consider a WRX or evo.

Thanks for the input, this is what I was thinking.

Surprisingly a Golf R is extremely cheap on insurance where I live. (significantly less than a brz, and half the price of a WRX or EVO)

I've only ever driven one in and out of a parking lot, and it feels like a golf. try one out at least, personally I think i'd get bored of it insanely fast.

go test drive a BRZ while you're at it. and keep in mind that its a blank canvas you can easily bullshit up with whatever mods you like, tasteful or not.

C5 corvette.

Cheaper than a BRZ and wipes the floor compared to them both.

78. Subaru BRZ Randy Pobst 1:30.32 200 / 1220

79. Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06 unknown 1:30.35 405 / 1430

fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow-springs-streets-of-willow

literally cant make this shit up

So an anonymous driver matches the lap time of the legendary Randy.

86 is faster on a plethora of japanese tracks as well, but that's not really fair.

BRZ owner here.

That time is more a testament to driver skill being the biggest factor than anything. A pro driver in a slow car vs some shmuck in a fast car and they have similar times. Anyone who does track days understands this and that in the right hands, even a Miata is a force to be reckoned with on track. Case in point, I've been to track days where I'm significantly faster than a Corvette at the beginning of the day and by the end of the day, he is passing me like I'm standing still.

Comparing a Randy Pobst timeto some unknown driver? Randy Pobst would beat your ass in that BRZ with any fucking car you brought to the track faggot.

KYS

What's wrong with your MR-S? why not use that money to swap in a 2ZZ and a 6 speed?

Just curious.

I've previously owned a 2015 FR-S it got totalled turning let at a light.
I have a rental Golf currently and it's pretty nice, i can see the attraction to the R, and there isn't a doubt it's fast.