Registration

So Veeky Forums, how did you find your sticker guy? I've met a few guys now who had some uncle or some shit that could get registration stickers as long as the car looked like it should pass. I got a car that has a singed (not dated) title transfer form from both parties but I've been running in to a million and one little things to get this damn car to pass. I need to get this car in my name but I need a current sticker first ya feel?

if u in tx u dont need a sticker.

why you need a sticker first? here in illinois anyone with a current registration can get a duplicate for $5 at the dmv.
so if you really wanted you could go to the lobby of the dmv and ask someone

since i dont know where you live i cant really say bro.

What's your actual issue? Won't pass emissions?

??? you can just do a title transfer with expired stickers in texas? Like all i need is proof of insurance?

>living in a dystopia where cars are inspected

How does it feel to be cucked by the state?

reg is expired by 2 years

emissions are good (supposedly) my issues are I need a new speed sensor, my tiny ass side marker lights are out (electrical issue, not the bulbs) wipers that ill be buying soon and I idle a little high (IACV is out but i will have one on the way soon) What scares me is I have to drive this thing to my work which is downtown near the police station.

its just simple bullshit like to see if windshield is cracked and your tires arent bald and all your lights work. Its bullshit but whatever.

been a while since ive had to do this but i am pretty sure you can get it done just with insurance and paying the registration. you wont get a sticker till its inspected though.

tfw my sticker guy got scared straight because he passed some shitbox with rusted out brake lines and it crashed

I never took life-threatening problems to him but now he's super strict and won't pass my shitbox.

>downtown near the police station.
if your in dfw the cops dont give a fuck about what the window says. i was living in my car for a few months and couldnt pay my registration and didnt bother with inspection. I got pulled over twice and both times the cops just told me to pay the registration. didnt even look at the window sticker. hell, down in austin, like half the fuckers down there have out of date tags. its not just you m8. pay the registration and youl will be ok.

Sheeeit I thought you had to pass inspection to do a title transfer at the dmv. or at least thats what I was told. Im'a do that next week then

Emissions notwithstanding (assuming he's in a cuck county), with those issues he won't even pass safety inspection. No safety inspection, no registration. Inspections are logged in some state database now.

Like, my issue was I thought I needed to pass inspection to register it in my name and I was afraid to date the title transfer and go to the DMV just to be told I needed to be inspected first. I dont want to be on a timer with the date on the title transfer now ya feel

>moved from IL to PA
>tfw now actually have to probably do something about my tires, burnt out foglight, and rust
is the lack of website or waiting room a good indication of an easy going inspection place?

when I bought my car they registered it as soon as I had proof of insurance, and gave me a 10-day temporary inspection to go get it actually inspected.
They can't revoke the registration if I never take it for inspection, until the initial 2 years I paid for are up.

I'm in TX, you only need to pass an inspection to get your licence plate registration since both the inspection and registration are tied to one sticker. The title is independent of those 2 items so you can do a title transfer without needing the inspection. You will have to pay tax on the vehicle when you do the title transfer and it will be what ever texas says the value should be not what you paid for it which can be much higher then you would expect.

I AM my sticker guy.

It's still dicks they make you get a car inspected BEFORE it's registered in Texas. It's the other way around in PA, not allowed to inspect a nonregistered vehicle.

Oh I see, so I can take it in now for the title transfer (I actually paid more than the state thinks its worth cause of the engine swap) Then once I pass an inspection I can go get the plates/new sticker?

I need an answer ;_;

Do you actually own a car?

Be careful. There is some user in Cali that faked a registration sticker and he got fukt by the law and did some jail time with a big fine.

I dont think does lol

what do you mean by faked? like made up a sticker from scratch or had a sticker someone fudged for him?

if you can't fix simple shit like that, how can you be trusted to keep the car on the road later?

How about I saved the damn thing from being parted out at the beginning of this year. Sorry I haven't fixed every damn thing on the car yet.

Like he just printed a fresh registration sticker and got raped by the long arm of the law. He got some fucked up fraud charges and I can't remember exactly but it was either 6mos or 2yrs of jail and thousands in fines plus the car was gone and this and that.

You're much better off just getting caught with expired shit than trying to forge documents.

And kid from IL definitely doesn't own a car thete.

Yes, that's how the system works. Just go down to your local tax office and do a title transfer 130-u form. Once you get everything fixed you can get it inspected and register it.

Thanks!