You can buy a used GT for $25,000~ now. People have posted 0-60 times as low as 4.3 with the automatic...

You can buy a used GT for $25,000~ now. People have posted 0-60 times as low as 4.3 with the automatic. It also actually handles very well and has posted some damn nice laptimes on tracks.

Is there anything else in that price range that would outperform it at this point? It seems like the new reasonably afford benchmark.

>the better option

C6 Corvette

or you can by a decent terminator cobra for about 20,000 for a good example, modify it a bit to hit 550+ WHP or go full retard and go 680+ and still have a car that will never drop heavily in value as normal GTs.

Cobras are expensive because they're meme status. The new GT has more potential.

I'd rather just buy the new Si when it's released
>same price
>brand new, unabused
>adaptive steering and suspension
>better reliability and gas mileage
>way better gearbox
>cheaper to insure
>better resale value
>still get sub-6 sec 0-60 which isn't bad for a reliable daily with a pretty nice interior and Honda reliability

>paying $20k for a 10+ year mustang when I could get a used 2015 GT for $5k more

Yes no, the interior is complete shit and it's slower. Tons of Bolt ons for the current 5.0 V8

>fwd
>eco cuckbox
>turbo 4
>honda
>ff

>People suggesting you buy a shitbox for about the same price as a new, decent vehicle
Welcome to Veeky Forums

>muh fr ford shitbox
Have fun fixing your shitheap, and good luck finding money for lawyers to keep you out of prison for vehicular manslaughter

>assumes i drive a ford

rather drive a car built from the ground up to be a performance vehicle rather than some jap ecobox with performance as an after thought

Being "built from the ground up for performance" doesn't negate the fact that the mustang is a shitty American deathtrap that every dumb as shit redneck in high school drives before they realize how much of a faggot they were in high school

>Is there anything else in that price range that would outperform it at this point
>would outperform it
can you read? stop being a 3k civic owning poorfag and answer the question.

mfw my civic is actually worth $1k

In many respects, the si will outperform the gt, specifically in regards to fuel economy, ride comfort, and practicality

It sure smells like bus riders in here. :^)

>he didn't get the v8

ahahahahahahhaha

>female version
Cuck detected

$25k

>STI
>EVO
>Nismo 350Z/370Z
>Elise
>NSX (if you're really searching hard)

>0-60 times as low as 4.3
And theres videos of people getting 3.9 in the 2 year old camaro SS. Really shows how much of a failure ford is

I will accept bread on bus passes at any time my dudes.

Ecoboost? I have one with a stick and love it.

>Spending +20k on a 4 cylinder mustang

Just a manual V6, I couldn't pass up the price that I found it for. Ecoboosts are neat though.

It would help if you could see anything out of that pigfat fucking hot wheel

I wish you would've told me earlier ;_;

I'm a reasonable man, so my car isn't a piece of shit American deathtrap

Not all of us are manlets like you buddy.

noice.

>nsx
>if you're smoking enough crack
FTFY

i will give you fuel economy but its absolutely bullshit to think a car with a much shorter wheelbase will ride better than the mustang

If i had to choose one to ride in for 8 hours i would choose the mustang hands down. The interior is leagues above the civic along with the seats.

>mustang
>not v8
Confirmed for being a cuck.

I used to race a prelude and even I think you're crazy.
>GT
>abused
Old man car. Ecoboost are the beaters.

>STI
slow, overpriced
>EVO
10 year old car Mitsubishi abandoned, unless you're talking about a 9 or previous, in which case you're an idiot
>Nismo 350Z/370Z
garbage, slow
>Elise
lol
>NSX (if you're really searching hard)
kek

>can't even compete with a Type R

A used WRX STI is a much better value.

The STI has four doors and AWD

Meanwhile your shitstang has 2 doors, RWD and still manages to be pigfat and worse in the corners

2 star safety rating.

Bench racing aside I think it's a good amount of car for the money. I have a shit load of fun with mine and it's very comfy on long drives in spite of my suspension mods.

It also scores much better is crash tests.

>caring about euro's
>ever

>Believing septics
>ever
Both Euro and Australian tests put the mustang at 2 out of 5 stars and the STi at 4 out of 5. Presumably because Ford couldn't bribe them.

America a post truth society, even in safety;

>septics
>wanting good pedestrian scores in a mustang

>slow
The sti's making more power than a ecoboost or v6 with just the accessport tune while weighing significantly less in a significantly stiffer chassis.

sti is made of UHSS and Boron

Pedestrian safety is where the Mustang scored well. It didn't do so well for front and rear occupant safety, scoring worse than the current Twingo on both.

literally not what the NCAP website says, but thank you for your service.

That wing is cringe worthy.

>The STI has four doors and AWD
I've never been this excited about a 4 door sedan.

>Meanwhile your shitstang has 2 doors, RWD and still manages to be pigfat and worse in the corners

Mustang scores faster lap times than the STI. Hell even last gen's live rear axle model beats the STI around a track despite being pigfat, rwd, and having 2 doors (lol). Try again.

>It also scores much better is crash tests.

you're grasping at straws now

>The sti's making more power than a ecoboost or v6 with just the accessport tune while weighing significantly less in a significantly stiffer chassis.

>my modified turbocharged car is faster than your stock car!

That's what you sound like

I'd rather have
>gt86
>240zx
>MR2
>lotus elise
>lotus exige
>350/370
>r33/r34 GTR
>MKiv supra TT
>porsche
>real fucking nice FD
>subaru
>lan evo
>s2k
etc

basically anything but modern """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""muscle"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" car

so how are they exactly worse than a slow, lolcantturn, pigfat, made of wet tissue, built by dumb americans for dumb americans pos muscle car whose only selling point is "muh v8 or deported"

I dislike new muscle cars and would never ever consider buying one even if I had millions of disposable income.

But I want a friend with one because it might be fun.

That could easily be fixed for a fat profit.

>comparing a type r to a base model
subi's are poorfag tier trash

how many times have you gone 0-60 as fast as you can in the past year?

300k mile shitbox
0-60 in about 15 seconds
wot trying to merge on freeway everyday
pray I won't die attempting to do this

>buying a literal girls car
Momma say mustang drivers are ornery because they got all that bark and no bite

someone takes the bus and is jealous.

3000gt vr4 would kick the mustangs butt and its about 10k

430hp has bite.........

no. they are stock 300ish HP and just as heavy because AWD adds 800lbs to the car.

5.0 dynos like 430.

beacause the mustang in question is refined compared to the stangs of yester year.

it does good on the track for its price, it has 400hp, its RWD, and it sounds sexy.

You clearly are too dumb to read the NCAP website. Pedestrian safety is the only acceptable score. The shit airbags resulted in poor performance for occupant safety.

Pretty much everyday.

Yea those pedestrians sure do feel it

>jealous of a ferd product
What did he mean by this?

>septics

daily lol

You can get an Elise for $25k?!