Post your head unit twats

Post your head unit twats.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/ALPINE-ERA-G150S-EQ-SUR-BBE-/122342646530?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

oem master race reporting in.

Nice. Wired mine up today, just need to set up a resistor to emulate a 5v signal so the deck things a CD changer is connected allowing me to use the ipod aux in

It's all right

what a depressing interior

HOLY SHIT, THAT'S FUCKING BAD-ASSED!!!

Which model is it? Blaupunkt almost always named their stereo's after cities. I've had a Tuscon and a Denver.

except i got black leather

i mean black trim
not like leather has anything to do with head units lol

Boi

Yuck

does the job , has buttons that do things

Fuck I love Saab.
>dat aeroplane feel

feels more like a boat

It's aiiight.

cheapest one on amazon

Are those double-din chink Android head units any good? I like the idea of having nav and a backup camera in the shitbox I'm resto-modding.

I had this one under a different brand
decent unit but that SD slot was designed by retards

It gets the job done

It has no functions you'd expect from a double DIN radio with a big touchscreen. The most advanced function it has is MP3 playback off a USB drive.

Also, it has a clock that isn't synchronized to the ECU clock. What the flying fuck, Mitsubishi?

decent enough kenwood

I only listen to the radio 99.9% of the time and almost never look at the backup camera when backing up

Only pic i have that shows it

I've always wondered how to use the CD changer for other shit. would this be difficult to set up for just a 3.5mm, rather than iPod aux?

Car is pinned down due to a coolant leak so I don't leave it inside, just in case

On one hand it's original car unit, on the other hand it's boring.

Change Y/N?

why are volvo interiors brutally bad

i woulda bought a v50 but that interior is legit making me depressed

Suggest a replacement for this piece of shit.

i suggest anything that isn't a vauxhall

Best picture I had on hand

Kienzle 1016 or use a cassette adapter

How does it feel to be somehow both a slav AND a nigger?

Dont have an incar pic of it, but I have it set for white insted of the awful blue in this pic.

What the hell kind of car is this?

really ugly

Is that a Jojo reference

Lol, kek! Wow you troll m8)))

In my defense, it's pure Opel.

RCA, iPod and 3.5 aux are all the same to adapt to a CD changer in, the problem is each head unit has a different way of knowing whether a changer is plugged in or not, mine is pre CAN so I just need to send a constant 5v signal to one pin, but later head units used different communication so you may need an emulator to allow you to select that in as a source

I have no idea what a Jojo is, so no

fug

My rareish OEM MSSS2 system went out so I replaced it with this glorious Pioneer DEH-150MP - $53 shipped on Prime.

My OE unit came with an amp that had to be bypassed near the steering rack behind the dash, and each seat has stereo speakers in the headrests and a mini-sub in the seat backs - lots of funky electrical work ensued but it all works fine several years later.

Some people like boats.

I do.

Can you please fill up the bottom DIN? What's the point of having a double DIN to 2 x single DIN when you're not filling up the other one? Can't you turn it into a storage space or something? There must be DIN sized things for that.

nvm my eyes are fucking terrible jesus christ

a big ugly fucking touch screen
>oh but it has xm radio
>oh you can sync your phone to it
what am i supposed to with my cd-rs full of mp3s?

>80's look
>A FUCKING Z ON THE STEERING WHEEL
Has to be a Z31.

That's sexy as fuck. Why can't aftermarket company's make simple non lazerlight show shit boxes... What brand is that?

Only music I get to hear is soccer moms honking at me

>2017
>listening to bassnectar

are you still gonna pick up that vintage Alpine equalizer like you mentioned in a thread in while back? I love the look of old head units and you're the only one doing interesting things with them. I'm trying to find something to replace the nasty JVC the PO stuck in my AW11 and I liked the idea of hiding an amp somewhere and just having a single din vintage equalizer visible in one of the two din slots and keeping the spare slot with a spacer for my cell phone and having an aux jack drilled through the back of the spacer/slot

If this thread is here tomorrow I'll post my new Kenwood. Arriving from Crutchfield tomorrow. Recently became an addiction of mine. I recently got a really nice Subaru Forester XT. Enjoyed it so much I got to thinking it needed a "system". $200+ on speakers for the doors and then realized I needed a sub - and amp - and box. Damn, now the stock head is the weak link. Next up Dynamat (not stupid enough to pay for the real thing though). lol!

It is kinda F&F shit but it sounds good, has bluetooth streaming, and was easy on my wallet, so whatever. I'm not winning any car shows with my shitbox anyway so it's fine.

I'm just watching ebay, if one comes up I'll grab it, if I can find this Blaupunkt I'd grab it since it was the same year as my head unit. The Alpines in nice shape have been selling for $400 which is too much for what I'm doing

nice 760

are there any cheap vintage equalizers I should keep an eye out for? Not like poor fag cheap, but less than $300?

Pretty much all of them but the nicest Alpines are less than $300. Here's an Alpine for $250-
ebay.com/itm/ALPINE-ERA-G150S-EQ-SUR-BBE-/122342646530?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

There's also Kenwood, Pioneer, Proton, Blaupunkt, not a lot of them have graphic displays though, and I don't know which are the best quality pieces

Kenwood.
Fuck yeah.

My POS head unit. Looking at getting a double din soon. This one clips like a mother fucker

I'm liking the tits off mine

This looks like something you'd find in a van, but it looks like something the french designed with gook parts. Citroen? Either way, looks disgusting.

That's a zesty looking interior you have there, does it smell like pussy and cigars? Noice.

>clipping
means u need amps buddi

What is this comfy? /nightdrive/?

its A GOOK RICE BOX, aka a civic

Audi a4 b5? I just got a b5.5 and it still has the original head unit.

The P3 Volvo interiors are a lot better, even the P2 S60s are better than that transition style in the V50

Yup. Ofc I have amps for the speakers, car's nice and quiet enough to put in quality sound reproduction devices.

Ty, B5 /nightdrive/ af

Got mine at Walmart

Old s80 - best, and its also comfy as fuck in there

I am going to redo my audio system this spring when this fucking winter ends. I want a head unit that doesn't look like a rave on my dash. Any recommendations? I am also looking for a decent CB radio as well.

>accidently turn steering wheel after keys are out
>steering wheel will not move now
>keys won't turn

help
what did they mean by this?

Insert Keys back in, try to turn them while simultaneously trying to turn the wheel to the left or right (if one doesn't work, try the other one), the onboard Lock mechanism will then take pity on you and allow you unlock the wheel

thank u

Whenever I had one, I never thought that there would be a day when I said thank fuck I'm not driving around in one of these anymore, but thank fuck I'm not driving around in one of these anymore.