Just picked up this 2017 Silverado Z71 Midnight

Just picked up this 2017 Silverado Z71 Midnight.

I keep my trucks for may years and never trade in. I also use them as trucks. I have a camp and shooting range on the side of a mt in Maine. As such I spend a far bit of time in the woods on very bad roads. I want to do a suspension lift to this truck to keep the underside from getting smashed up like my 01 Silverado Z71 did. I want to keep these wheels and tires and the truck still needs to be good on road.

I am looking at 2 different options.
#1 a leveling kit
roughcountry.com/gm-leveling-lift-kit-1305-10.html

#2 a 3.5" lift
roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-275-8.html

Thoughts? Need it to be good in the woods but I don't want to lose the good driving habits it has now.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck that, just remove that front lip and you should have plenty of ground clearance. Your approach angle should be more than enough

Unless you're going rock crawling you really don't need a lift on modern trucks they are already high as fuck off the ground.

>taking a new truck off road
>buying a new truck to use as a truck
>buying the profit margin as fuck "midnight editon"
>modifying a vehicle that isn't paid off
you dun goofed.

>don't want to lose the good driving habits it has now
>wants a lift

no it won't drive the same after a lift
see also if your not satisfied consider getting larger offload tires

Yes that spoiler is coming off. If I dont do it the Hill will do it for me. There lots of rocks up there. Maine is all granite. But thats why I am leaning to just a leveling kit to get the nose up a bit.

No this was a custom order for a guy that backed out. Got a Kick ass deal. Also I am a mega sucker for blacked out trucks. always have been. I buy trucks to use as trucks.

Don't really want to go to a bigger tire if I don't have to. Its hard on the ball joints, tire rods and drive line.

leveling kit with front lip removed should be fine, never driven in maine so i can't give you a definite answer.

what size tires are on the truck now?

Also I still have my 01 to use as a work truck so that will take some pressure off this for doing the really hard stuff like pulling trees and rocks.

Does not look like it but this has been through rivers, mud and over rocks from hell. Just dont look under it.

trucks are tools to be used and abused. should've bought used. you're gonna hate scratching this thing.

Came with 265/65R18

Maine KILLS cars. Rust rust rust. Harsh winters and most guys spend most of their time on the back roads and woods.

leveling kit over 3.5 in lift 2bh

3.5 seems exestive

True. I started out in the 20k range and could not find much that was newer and less miles then what I had. It was going to cost around 30 to get something 4 years old with under 100k on it. So I went new to get the 100k mile warranty I wanted.

I think you maybe right

SO I think you guys have talked me into a leveling it.

What do you make of this one.

you won't get much move help from Veeky Forums considering 99% own shitboxes/ride the bus

HAHA Oh dear

nice ride, i bought a 2017 silverado 1500 black rally 1 earlier today

Hey good for you. Nice score. Picture?

I like the Rally. Looked at a rally 2 but it was too on road for me. But still a great good looking truck

If you are worried about smashing up the underside of the truck you may want to look into buying an aftermarket skidplate as well. Will be tougher and cover more of the underbelly if you get a good one.

its sitting at the dealership until saturday when i pick it up
i was originally going to buy a cheap base model 4x4 farm truck but this rally was on clearout and only 1000 bucks more

hopefully the gravel roads are kind on it

Thats what happened to me. I was looking at a W/T and this was so close in price why would I not.

I have and I am thinking about doing that sir.

Should've just gotten a TRD Tacoma/Tundra.

Nope. Cost to much to repair. Learned that the hard way.

As a new Chevy salesman I can tell you with confidence that if you were able to get a Midnight edition for 1k more than a 4x4 work truck, you got a great deal and that sales manager who OK'd the deal will be taken to the back lot and shot at dawn because that is a great deal.

Haha, expertly memed.

All my Cheby truck br/o/s in this thread give me warm and fuzzies.

>Lift my truck
>The diff is still in the same spot
kek

>paying meme tax for a truck
>buying a truck that leaks rust
why would you do that

Anime fans who cant imagine anything not made for the glory of the emperor being of practical use.

lolk enjoy your rusty meme

HAHA No I should say I had started looking at Z71's but had not committed to anything. I was looking at a basic Z71. I should have said that.

Trying to keep my trans, rockers and frame from getting smashed.

But still there was a Big difference in sticker price from what I was looking at.

>not buying mint used

1st off that would not work for me as I need the extended cab.

2nd I was not spending 27k to 32k on a used truck. And prices went up from there.

modern trucks are so fucking gay

holy shit

>I also use them as trucks.
you could have accomplished the same thing with a used truck for a shitload less

Yes. I was getting it done with a rusted out 2001. I still have that truck. But I needed to replace it due to rust. When I started looking at trucks nothing good was cheap. So I filled a need with a want. I wanted it, I can afford it, so I bought it. Its that simple. I work very had to make a good living and this is my treat to myself.

I've just got a leveling kit on my 2014 F150. it gets around just fine on mountain trails and everywhere else I've ever taken it.

I will also add that at least among F150 owners, Rough Country in particular has a reputation for having absolutely piss-poor quality control and customer service. Zone used to be pretty shit-tier but in recent years has improved greatly so if you decide on a suspension lift but don't want to spend a fortune, they're a good option.

Thank you. Finally a productive post. I think I am sold on the leveling kit. Is Zone who you used on your truck?

Also sweet truck in a great place.

>the STIG

Is he your alter ego, faggot? Gtfo with your gay ass pos chevy truck

you sounds like a complete cunt. Go somewhere else for your validation twat. How's it feel to know your truck is now worth around half what you paid for it?

LMAO assmad virgin

No problem, and thanks, I actually started off with a Boss Lifts coilover system but eventually realized that on-road the ride was worse than stock so I switched to an Autospring leveling kit which is what I used on my 2010 as well. Again I'm really only speaking for the F150 here since that's all I know the aftermarket for, but on these trucks the leveling kits are basically all the same and there isn't really a good or bad. I've never seen one break aside from some guy losing control and driving off a culvert going like 50+.

And yeah unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much room for any thread that doesn't involve just regurgitating the same memes and shit talking and general garbage on here. that's why I mostly stick to the truck and off-road threads.

I'm not really one for modifying trucks, but I don't do much hard offroading in mine. I would just put a Ranchhand full front bumper on the front of it and buy good skid plates for the undercarriage.

putting a 200+ lb bumper on the front of it is just going to cause it to sag and effectively become even lower in the front. Rancher bumpers are for ranching, not off-roading

>being this mad

His suspension may sag slightly, but he'll still have a better approach. The stock bumpers are really low to the ground

Thanks for the info. You have given me some good names to look into. It's a big help.

As for the memo I don't even hear them. They seem to think that some how I care what they think. Hahaha.

>all black truck
lmfao, have fun trying to keep that fucker clean

I say remove front bumper cover when doing really hard stuff and opt for a skid plate if you're really worried. Like others said, modern trucks are pretty high up as is.

If it were me, I would get a 3" lift and level it. I've been impressed with BDS kits in the past.

Don't know what the trails are like around you. May be fine with a leveling kit. Most of the leveling kits are nothing but a spacer block for the front end, so doesn't really matter who you go with.

Pick ups are not designed for off roading and look ridiculous doing it.

I have been looking at after market bumper kits. Not cheap to be sure. I am going to do a front end leveling kit only. You guys talked me into that. Makes the most sense. So I would be willing to take a small weight hit.

Thanks for the replys guys.

Good point on the leveling kits.

I am not off roading to just off road. I use it as a tool to do work and camp. So I need a bed.

>this is my treat to myself.
you bought...a work...truck....to treat yourself

and every tiny scratch that sticks out...on a fucking work truck, lol

better than a shitbox honda 2bqhwu

the guy literally says he has another truck for work
>not having a nice sunday vehicle
poorfag

my bad, he's not a fag, just a moron

Don't the z71s come with a skid plate?

He is a fag

This

Thank you

Yes they do but they don't cover everything you would like. They are built well I just want to keep it nice but still be able to use it as a truck. A point that seems to be lost on many. But on this forum its to be expected. Just glad to see that not everyone on here is a meme.

Get the 3.5" Zone lift. Leveling kits suck. Trust me.

I know nothing about trucks but what's a leveling kit.

you are in the same boat with OP that doesn't know jack shit either

trucks come stock with the front end lower than the back, and when you load the bed full of shit the truck will sit level, but a lot of people don't use their bed and they want the truck to look level all the time, so they put a leveling kit in to raise the front by just a little bit enough to make it level and also so slightly bigger tires can fit, and when they do have to use the bed, it then looks like a dog squatting along the carpet to rub the worms off its ass

Let's think about it. How often do I have 2000lbs in the bed v how often I use my truck in the woods. Maybe 2 or 3 times a year will I put that much in the back (hauling pellets) but in the summer I spend damn near every weekend at camp. Now I know you know how I use a truck better then I do by your post but I feel that having the ass sit lower then the front for a few hours a year is a fair price to pay to get that front bumper out of the mud and rocks everytime I go shooting. We use our trucks as trucks.

But your the expert.

Ok. Can I sleep in it with you? We can cuddle.

God, I love the way your truck looks. I'm a little bothered by the squared wheel wells, but generally your truck is the kind of style I'm going for eventually in my '16 F150 XLT.

a leveling kit won't raise the truck more than a couple of inches dipshit

fucking worthless dumbshit parents squeezing out a festering pile of redneck shit like you, your mother should've listened to that retarded cunt you call dad when he told her to get an abortion and they'd be able to afford a big ass boat instead, but nooooooo

slap that twat mother of yours next time for allowing their stupid genes to carry on

>We use our trucks as trucks
>except for the part where we put things in the bed or tow trailers
Just get a Jeep with underside plates you mongoloid

I was looking at a used trd tacoma as an upgrade to my current truck why shouldnt I get one and what should i be looking at?

why dont you just buy a chevy?