So My 1993 s13 240SX Seems To Be Turning Off At Random While Driving, Anyone Have Any Ideas why This Might Be?

So My 1993 s13 240SX Seems To Be Turning Off At Random While Driving, Anyone Have Any Ideas why This Might Be?

Should I Take It To The Shop Or Is It Possible For Me To Do Myself Without Fucking Anything Up?

I Honestly Don't Know Jack Shit About Cars, Bear With Me.

(240 In Pic Isn't Mine, But That Lip Is Sexy As Hell)

a similar thing happened to me once while i was driving. started misfiring like crazy and would'nt start after that.fried my ecu due to an electrical problem. id say you are quite fucked in my professional experienced opinion

need to add more starter fluid to the starter senpai, cars in the 90s are notorious for it

Take it to a mechanic for just a diagnoses.

Mine did the same thing, It was electrical. I was able to figure it out on my own but I'm not a fucking retard. So goodluck, I say try figuring it out before taking it anywhere.

Check leads, sometimes bad connections can cause load on the electrical system that makes everything take a shit.

Also 240 specific. there is an orange wire that supplies 12v+ to the ecu when key is on, it fucks up sometimes, put other switched on 12v to it.

This is what broke in mine. Had to re-wire this.

>I Honestly Don't Know Jack Shit About Cars, Bear With Me

How.. how can people like you stand to drive a 3 thousand pound hunk of steel everyday and not know anything about them? It literally fucking baffles me people don't even know the slightest thing about a vehicle yet pay hundred of dollars to get them fixed when they could do it themselves if you knew how?
It must suck getting that helpless feeling when there is something wrong with your car and you don't know shit about cars.

I'm so glad I'm a mechanic.

Why Do You Type Like This?

Do You Think You're Jaden Smith?

>I'm so glad I'm a mechanic.
said nobody.

my car shut down on me in the middle of the freeway once and a few lights came on, steering wheel locked up like 90% and brakes locked up like 90% too but luckily it was only at 25mph or so and I was able to merge over safely turned it off and on and good as new, got an oil change just to be safe and hasn't happened again yet

Enjoy paying hundreds of dollars to me to fix a simple thing on your car cucky

a few things.

1. To clarify Im not OP
2. Theres nothing wrong with having enough money to pay someone else to fix something.
3. It's possible to be able to fix something on your own car without being a car mechanic.
4. kill yourself for using the word cuck.

How... how can people like you stand to be subject to over 9000 laws every day and not know anything about them? It literally fucking baffles me that people don't even know the slightest thing about the law and yet pay me thousands of dollars to spend 5 minutes reading for them when they could have done it themselves if they weren't fucking retarded. It must suck getting that helpless feeling when you want to do anything at all and don't know shit about whether it's illegal or not.

I'm so glad I'm not a mechanic.

>he thinks paying someone to fix his car is okay
>laughinggirls.jpg
You go ahead and enjoy your white collar office job you paid thousands of dollars college for and and still trying to pay off your debt.

When you bring your car in I'll service it and your wife too.

You Should Check All Your Connections, Like The Battery Connection. Even Something So Simple Could Trigger This. I Didnt Tighten My Battery Back On Enough Once And Had The Same Problem.

kek, this is laughable. I was going to give you a serious reply but then I realized you're not capable of comprehending basic mathematics so I won't bother. I bet you're one of those idiots who refuses to take on any debt and can't comprehend leveraging.

No wonder you're a mechanic. You're dumber than a wrench. Keep bragging about it while driving your hand-me-down shitbox to your 900 sq ft bungalow with your 5/10 hick wife and double-digit IQ children, you poor son of a bitch.

ahahaha, poorfags btfo

All these flavors and you chose to be salty

Stay buttmad cufflink cuck my scars on my knuckles and hands are from actually doing WORK

Your scars are from pushing a pencil

That's the difference between me and you.

>doing work
>posting on Veeky Forums,ever

Stop pretending,Mr tripfag and don't leave your moms basement.

Is the logic here that you're superior because your shit career has given you blemishes on your delicate hands? If you're going to try to be superior, don't justify it by highlighting what makes you visibly plebian you attention whoring trip-fag. I'm white collar and I deeply appreciate being patrician as fuck. There are blue collars I have respect for, because they take a mixture of intellect and perseverance, even a real passion, but being a mechanic is dumb simple, ESPECIALLY an automotive mechanic. The truly superior route is being educated as fuck, working flexible hours making 6-figures, and then going home and working on my project car FOR MYSELF. Oh and no scars on my hands because I'm not too poor to afford fucking work gloves. I'll drop the wife's soulless SUV off at your garage though. I hope you don't scar yourself up too much on it :^)

tldr: If the scars on your hands are from the same labor I pay an illegal and illiterate immigrant down the road to do, you should consider summer classes at your local junior college. We all know you trip because getting attention outside of the internet is tough for poor little guys like yourself.

I had a little cough lately and had problems breathing I didn't what was the matter so I went to see a doctor.

>LMAO U SO RETARDED PAYING SOMEONE TO FUX YOU UP
>How can someone carry around his morbidly obese body for all of his life and doesn't what's wrong with them

I am glad I am a nurse assistant

This is you, you are pants on head retarded.

Could be a number of things. Does the car start right back up when it happens? Are you doing anything specific when it dies?

Start at the simplest solution and work your way from there. Check the spark, then the distribution, could be a faulty sensor, hell could even be a dodgy leaking ground. Probe around with a multimeter until you find the source. Or just take it to you local mechanic. Making friends with your local could be very beneficial; could learn a few things.

Check and see if the battery terminals are in good shape

Agreed with everything while reading this post until I got to the last line.

Anyone who knows their way around cars can diagnose OPs problem given a couple hours. (old) cars are simple.

Is it in motion or idling?

My s13 used to die at idle and then wouldn't start for up to ten minutes. Stranded me at a couple red lights, really inconvenient.

It was the ignition control module ultimately.

I'm sure he's super jealous that you work 12 hours a day for what he makes in a few hours. Enjoy your sub poverty salary.

>oil change

I Too Think This Is A Really Unnecessary And Inappropriate Way Of Typing, But Who Are We To Judge, Right?

>got an oil change just to be safe

>have 240 with uncracked dash
>dash finally cracks
just fuck me up goys