What does Veeky Forums think about General Motors?

What does Veeky Forums think about General Motors?

dogshit

Went from 'too many brands but some are really good' to 'still too many brands and most of them are shit'

That they still sell GMC AND Chevy versions of the same truck is retarded. Ditto for SUVs. They got fucked up having too many brands competing with each other, and they STILL won't axe either GMC or Chev trucks and SUVs.

They scrapped Saturn and Pontiac but kept Buick solely because chinks love it... not even old white people care about Buick now. People would buy a modern Grand National if it was decent, it's basically THE American sport sedan... but GM keeps pretending that SS don't sell and that Mercedes and BMW didn't build their fortunes on them.

Cadillac has some promising sports sedans but they mostly sell Escalades to striver soccer moms and nigs. Whenever I see an Escalade in my mirror i pull over and let them pass because either way there's a guaranteed moron behind the wheel.

Chevy is boring except for the Corvette and Camaro, but the Camaro has such abysmal styling/visibility that it's really only for Camaro fans now. Everything else in the lineup is just 'well i need a vehicle and I like GM products so-'

Killed Pontiac and Oldsmobile because the bean counters are fucking retards, don't give a single fuck about them nowadays besides the rebadged Holdens and whatever new sportster Cadillac makes.

I think they make the second best electric cars at the moment.

I'm impressed with how far GM has come with electric cars.

They live on obummerbucks

Generally good products, ruined by shitty upper management and their bean counters. They need to kill off the GMC brand and stop making the Escalade, which is for trashy motherfuckers.

self destructing

>They need to kill off the GMC brand and stop making the Escalade

Kill off GMC, Yeah.

They sell a shitload of Escalade's in richer oil cities. Most wealthy middle and upper class people lease or buy them and get a new one every 2-4 years. The used ones go to well... you know. They're also popular with Chauffeur and limo services.

total garbage, only dodge is worse

Posting just to say fuck GM part 90523189

I have great confidence in the cars GM sells in my country, because they're not American designed and are instead rebrands of Daewoo and other Korean models. My Chevrolet Spark is a very good car for the price.

i like how GM Europe (aka Opel) makes more affordable copies of tech found in more expensive cars

>Went from 'too many brands but some are really good' to 'still too many brands and most of them are shit'
this.

ive never owned a GM car newer than 2000-2002 and when i look at the newer ones from 2006-now they all look terrible and have stupid issues

Maybe those new cars are good, but the Daewoo Matiz (M150) was a pile of shit.

they killed my bby saab... i hate them :(

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAA

>kill off GMC
For what purpose? If there's a company GM should axe, it should be Buick in my opinion.

I want Oldsmobile back );

Kill the camaro and bring it back the firebird under the GMC name. Camaro sales have been slipping for years and it's not showing any signs of it changing.

My dad is a GM certified Master Mechanic.

He swears you cant go wrong with GM.

>Kill GMC and bring back the firebird under the Pontiac name.

ftfy

buik is big in china so that's not going to happen

This.
I will never stop loving my Oldsmobile

The Spark is based on the Matiz. I've never driven the Matiz, but the Spark is a commendable vehicle. The new Spark/ Beat is shit though.

He's somewhat right because there's a GM dealer in every place with more than a couple thousand people in it, all across Canada and the USA. As long as you don't live out in the country you can probably push your GM shit in to the dealer. There's also no such thing as an independent garage that doesn't service GM stuff.

This is also part of GM's problem, it blinds them to their issues. "Well our vehicles sell well country wide we must be a great car company" lol no your vehicles sell because people dislike Ferd and they're your only real competition for 90 percent of your dealerships... once you get into a larger city the number of GM vehicles on the road drops in comparison to other brands esp. Asian brands.

they killed Saturn

more like General Maintenance !! hahhaha

I think the Volt is a more realistic electric car than any of the Tesla's. The Tesla's are a product of tomorrow. The Volt is a product for today.

Where else would I get a ready supply of 6.2L engines and 6 speed transmissions for transplant? Niggers should get FREE Escalades. Reparations and shit. Too bad Red Niggers like cheap Chevy's and tend to drink and drive.

The Camaro used to be a solid live axle steel Corvette. Now it's a plastic, independent rear suspension, with a shitty heavy blocky body. It's Corvette with tank windows.

Have to love the payout of all that lobbying. But Tesla can't sell direct to customers, MUH DEALERS.

And Pontiac.

And Saab.

And Oldsmobile.

I love Buick

>The Camaro used to be a solid live axle steel Corvette.
this has literally never been true

i had a 92 saturn sc2, what a weird fucking car, had these two point seatbelts in the front which confused everyone who rode with me, and it had a turbo button by the shifter that didnt seem to actually do anything

It is nice being able to take a long trip without being tethered to charging stations. I once took a 1,500 mile trip in a Volt.

Oldsmobile a best

I can't give a polite answer.

Aurora or Intrigue? I can never tell them apart from the front.

Should have been allowed to fail so its brands would have to be sold off and actually be good again.

I have only one good thing to say about my experience owning a GM vehicle
>Parts are plentiful at pick n pulls

I would be pissed if a chauffeur service picked me up in a Escalade. I didn't pay to be carted around in a early 2000's cliche.

Come to think about it I would really be impressed if I was picked up in a new Toyota Land Cruiser next time.

Well yeah he's a GM Tech, he will never not have work. Can keep his family fed.

>Thats the only place to find GM parts.

Seriously though, I shit you not we had a 5 year old Avalanche in our shop and GM said we can't get parts for it, obsolete.

Intrigue. Not a single person has been able to guess it correctly so far.
Can't say I blame them tho

To be fair the only real way to tell the difference is the Intrigue's headlights kind of bulge upwards a bit towards the outside while the first gen Aurora's are more straight. Just means the Intrigue's design (make it look like an Aurora, but not as expensive) is still working over a decade later.

Second gen Auroras are way easier to identify.

You know ford fucked up when fordcucks raid this thread trying to steer everyones attention away from that piece of shit known as the 2018 mustang