What is it about these cars that make them look so corny/cheesy?

What is it about these cars that make them look so corny/cheesy?

Other urls found in this thread:

ultimatecarpage.com/car/1028/Bugatti-Type-32--Tank-.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Big grilles, big fender flares, big tires.

They are modern renderings of 1960's stylings. They are too afraid to actually bring these cars into the present. Too many 50 year olds will cry about it.

How did they fuck the camaro up so hard? The 5th gen looked so good.

>cheesy

yea no

the mustang is alright, challenger is cool if you're into the throwback thing but holy christ fuck the current gen camaro.

2nd gen was tight, 3rd gen was the best, 4th gen was shit and the new design isn't much better.

They are designed for American taste.

fuckin oath challengers look good

>too afraid

No, modern safety standards basically make it impossible to have the long fender, short deck, small pillar post design of old muscle cars. Not to mention all the safety equipment inside such as airbags that takes up a ton of room and makes the cars bulky.

many older cars the drive line and chassis are developed first then the body built up around that
this combined with a more competitive and less uniform market means much more new shapes and layouts a few of which become popular or iconic

the problem with the cars you see is that mechanically and specification wise they are very similar
so it becomes harder for company's to say that their car has any distinctive features vs its competitors
and even attempts to reference their old iconic look fall short of truly capturing peoples interest

a number of factors play into this

eventually consumers come to demand the same thing and punish any odd or bold choices - or simply grow tired of the gimmick (see most of amc)
a preoccupation with fuel efficiency means that any distinctive shape you want to put on the car will become squished and flattened out
the same effect applies with pedestrian safety law (eg no spiky hood ornament or fenders)
also a law came in a long time ago that standardised the height of head lights

Checked
Also I'm a fan of the last to, not so into the fuck huge grill fad

just look at this beak

Best looking camaro

These always remind me of the 72 Torino my grandfather use to have.

what about this cheeky bitch ?

Did he give it to a 5'2'' asian kid?

keeps the look of a separate engine cowl
but gives the radiator a nice place to hang out

Bugatti was one of the first to do away with fenders
ultimatecarpage.com/car/1028/Bugatti-Type-32--Tank-.html

take a closer look at that snout

pigfat tall engine bay/front grille

I don't think they do, so I'll go with "your stupid opinion"

>5th gen looked so good

The 6th gen is definitely an improvement over the 5th gen but I hate how they look exactly the same. The second, third and fourth gens looked like modernized versions of the previous gen, not like straight up copies. The 6th gen feels more like a refresh than a new gen. This pseudo-retro shit was cool for a decade but it's getting old

early second gen was best early gen

nigger car

*boomer car

Probably because they aren't designed by Italians so don't conform to the "accepted" design standards.

That's shit then.

only ever seen a nigger drive those

He was probably a boomer

what gets me with mine is that they've just made the car so huge that even the stock 19x8.5" wheels look small and sunken in.

I'm gonna do a 19x9/10 staggered setup and drop it about an inch eventually and I think that should drastically change the presence of it.

How many kids you got?

This is now a nigger boomer thread.

zero. you?

Nah I only see nigs driving 5th gens on some "BIG RIMZ" or bone stock. They make that shitty sounding V6 rev as loud as they can on stock exhaust constantly

well both of them were on 30"+ dubs so I don't think so

It's all about the offset man. My 18s look great, and I'll look much better after I lower it.

Whenever I see the back side of a '15 + challenger I literally get erect. I don't know exactly what it is but they made that car look perfect in 2015

>tfw about to buy a 2015 dark gray scat pack

I'm going to hump it in my garage

I don't see anything looking like flared fenders except a tiiiny bit on the chevy

What are you looking for the car to do? I went with a square setup for handling with 275s all around but I'm going to put wider tires on my next set, 10in wheels so there's plenty more I could fit.

The fake hood scoop is killing me though.

nothing really. it's just a cruiser. I'm sure it'll get a downpipe and a tune at some point. I don't care for the scoop either, we got the car on a dealer trade and the dealer it came from neglected to mention that they sent it to Waldoch and had them put on the Roush scoop and spoiler and some fucking terrible stripes we had removed. anyway I've been trying to find someone gullible with an Oxford White car to try to get them to trade hoods but no luck so far.

Amen brother. Put it in park before you fuck it though. That exhaust burns.

i unironically like the new mustang, it looks fucking rad

You didn't understand his post at all. The problem with these cars isn't that they're not looking classic enough, it's that they're trying too hard to look classic. Remember the third and fourth gen Mustang? That one tried something new. Remember the third and fourth gen Camaro? Those tried something new. And then they went straight back to muh retro design.

This right here is actually a more advanced and modern looking car than the one that FOLLOWED.

Just look at this piece of shit, it had an outdated appearance on launch.

The mustang looks really refined compared to the hot wheels cars next to it.

Have a senpai.

>Angry pony cars
>Big ol smile on the big muscle
two are now trackday tryhards, one is a boat with a big ass hemi

le black people are shit amirite other white people

yuropoor butthurt, mostly.

oi dats sexii

you forget the new edge mustang

>you forget the new edge mustang
>he posted one

I've never liked the Camaro.

this car has literally the most impotent spoiler on earth, it makes my dick soft

Here's my two cents:

The challenger looks so fat it just looks slow no matter how fast it is.

The camaro probably looks the best out of the three, but it's kinda too angular to look "muscle".

The Mustang looks the worst, it has so much unnecessary, overcomplicated body geometry it's a god damn mess. The headlights give me cancer alone. It stresses me out to look at.

it is ?
does not really have that look about it