What does Veeky Forums feel about french cars?

what does Veeky Forums feel about french cars?
classics preferred. cars like the r8 gordini, the citroen SM, Peugeot 205 gti

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nwU-nievMY8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAue64-FxOI
youtube.com/watch?v=w4Xt-XdA8-I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They are objectively and subjectively great.
>t. baguette-eating war-winning monkey

>his sport coupe doesn't have three seats
wow, what a pleb

>burgers complain german cars being unreliable
>burgers glorefieng baguette cars

kek

such a well argumented and subjective opinion, I am sure you know more then any of us when it comes to reliability of german and French cars.

Well, now that you voiced your expert opinion, we can quit this thread and just conclude that all cars, no matter where they come from, are not as reliable or beautifull as the one your daddy has on his driveway.

Fantastic!

no one mentioned reliability.
enjoy your french fuel injection

As a burger this is the only french car I've seen in person, although it was quite neat. Lived 30 minutes from chicago yet never saw the chicago twingo unfortunately. I did once see a convoy of 3 trabants passing through an intersection though

Why so mad?

I am working part time at a dealership in Germany 10 km from France away so I know a little bit

My boss avoids to buy french cars and does it just if he has to or he wont get any cars from that source any more
And if he does he tries to sell them to other dealer becaus you have to give 1 year warrenty if you are selling to private

This tells fuck all about reliability
I live about 10KM away from Germany and here we are used to French cars being more reliable then german alternatives

the whole meme of unreliability is mostly true outside of France where cars are as reliable but spare parts are scarcely available.
Especially in the US and UK.

yeah we are selling pretty much all frensh cars to france because nobody buys them here
And it does, no other cars got so many uses of warrenty like frensh cars. This is the reason he doesnt avoids to sell them to privat buyers.
We got a handfull of dealers from france by now who usually take the frensh car away, my boss barely makes profit on them.

you cant tell me that peogeuts or citroens are more reliable than VWs.
Maybe they are cheper to maintain/repair in france

nigga you cant even spell French let alone Peugeot, then you go about saying VW is reliable.

Thats just like, your opinion, man

This could be true, but the designs are solid to begin with.
German shit has way to many moving plastic parts build to brake down, thats why I stay away from them.

i dont care, have fun driving your shitboxes

if a car is going to be unreliable and expensive there may as well be some reason to keep them
and allot of cars do not have that any more
also this
does not matter how good a car is if its not repairable

Frenchman living in Strasbourg here, I confirm this. German cars are seen as nice and quick but less reliable (not unreliable) than their french counterparts, and also a fuckload more expensive to regularly maintain.

>yfw the French have made some of the most fun to drive shitboxes

I heard from a frenchman that Peugeots were bad

They were decent cars back in the day, disregarding Citroëns ambiguous (read: batshit crrazy) designs. They're great fun enthusiast cars today.

90's frenchies were completely fucking terrible, lets not lie about that

Todays french cars are "meh"-tier and nothing special, although I do like the C4 Cactus.

Peugeot 504 & 505 were great cars

But their batshit crazy designs are the best part
>let's give our Golf competitor the comfiest suspension ever and a fucking digidash to boot

Oh yeah, totally - I didn't mean to imply that I didn't like them. The problem was how much of their resources and funds they put into R&D that become either nothing at all or flimsy pioneering that didn't really last all that long

Still; hydropneumatic suspension with some age on it is the devils work, I tell you

they build cars as well as they win wars

Fair enough, I know someone who's had to tear his entire XM apart to fix the hydropneumatics. It's hell if the previous owner didn't know how to maintain it.

Car nation power rankings
>japan
>italy
>jermany
>sweden
>korea
>dogshit
>america
>france
>russia

actually no russia is above france because moskwich is a great track day and rally beater that can be had for like fucking 20 bucks

the french make like six of the top ten hatchbacks ever

>Italy
>not dead last behind USSR and India
>British
>leave off list

Haha holy shit weeb just kys

>Lolol surrender jokes

Reminder that the us wouldn't exist without the french.

Daily driving this fucker is the best driving experience I've ever had

I have this car

How much does it worth

I'm thinking about throwing it away since it has a fucked up head gasket.
It's so low I could pass under tolls barriers tho, the only pro I find in this shitbox

Running ones go upwards of €15k.

jelly

Want a good sedan? Get a German
What a good hatchback? Get a French

Gosh what an ugly ass midengine

The Murena is better even if it's still a retarded 1.6L

The BX are real common here in France, ugly ass cars
I threw a GTI to the compactor because its head gasket was fucked

I'm not even rich

15k ?
I could buy a Skyline with that money

It's running but as I said the head gasket has its issues. Driving it around would mean destroy the whole engine

Anyways this engine is shit too, even the V6

Pic related : the ultimate shitbox

Ha. Op's pic and your pic together make a great "The Vision vs. The Reality" parallel.

The car is dirty but the headlights make it look worse

They used some sort of gas between the lightbulb and the glass but it should look like this restored

pls send to US, 10/10 would drive.

Why doesn't anyone make mid-engined hatchbacks anymore?

quite well, then. nice history knowledge.

My man! Same here, dd a bx ' 91 deauville

Apparently Hyundai is giving it a shot.

MR + short wheel base = constant spinning

Good for rally stages tho

>he doesn't like Citroën's blatent madness
filthy casual can't even into drum-dials and turning indicators you have to cancel yourself
next you're gonna tell me you want progressive braking

See I really enjoyed their ingenuity and will to push forwards and try new stuff, but we all have to agree that it was a bit too much to be sustainable

I can only imagine what they would've come up with if they hadn't been bought up by Peugeot, slapped around and told to stop fucking about and make boring shit

>90's frenchies
>bad

>fucked up head gasket

Why do people let aluminium engines overheat is beyond me.

they pretty cool when it comes to small sports cars and sporty hatches

actually the main problem with the clio V6 is the rubbish steering lock, it's predecessor the R5 turbo was perfectly manageable.

The radiator's layout is pretty shit to be honest

Stock radiator tend to overheat the engine. Remember that the radiator is on the front of the car so the coolant has to make its way all around to the engine which is behind the gearbox and everything

Plus it is undersized

When you bought an A310 you had to change the radiator first

I'm not kidding, my dad had a friend who bought a factory new Alpine A310 V6 which head gasket's blew up 50 Km away from the retail store

Although that implementation tends to leak in the water pump, has a rubbish carburetor arrangement and a bad exhaust manifold, the prv itself is a good engine. Pretty good run in competition with both natural aspirated and turbo versions.

youtube.com/watch?v=nwU-nievMY8

I still find it hilarious Ferrari rejected this design, so they took it to Peugeot instead who instantly put it into production.

The radiator wasn't for extremely hot weather but was sufficient otherwise, the problem was not the radiator itself but that the water pump tended to leak water and was mounted very high, so if the water level was below the minimum level at any point it would stop pumping enough water and the engine would overheat, heads first.

Well, it would've been extremely tame for Ferrari.

It was proposed as an entry-level 4-seater coupe, and Ferrari would have none of that, no sir.

mfw this thread

>mfw my dad has two PRV

Well I might be harsh on the engine itself but one cannot say the whole car is even near decent as stock

It is true for the waterpump but the radiator was shit too

It's a sportscar though, it overheats on the streets that's for sure.
Getting stuck in the traffic with an A310 means suicide

What is that supposed to mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAue64-FxOI

French cars are some of the most beautiful cars ever made.

I really wish they would start going back old designs

I saw one downtown a couple days ago.
It's not that imposing when you see it in person.

That is an assault on both good taste and my eyes.

Pls never post your syphilis mobile again

> Pic related. Actual Sexy old car

>"Why don't you love me anymore user?"

those are some ugly fins.

hahahahahahah
oh user you are a comedy genius!!!!!

Gibe misato car. I want an A310.

>ywn own a 6L V12 4wd coupe offroad car offroad with your wife in the passenger seat going to a romantic spot for the sunset.
Why live

I think they were owned partly by Michaelin tyre company - so they pushed the hypropneumatic stuff

Nice Calibra bodykit

Good taste

youtube.com/watch?v=w4Xt-XdA8-I

i think i am attracted by this car in a sexual way

> you cant tell me that peogeuts or citroens are more reliable than VWs.
> VW
> Reliable

Do you even have a driving licence...?

So they have the best record in cars too ? Damn thoses Frogs are bretty gud , i wonder why there isn't more people hating on them...

they don't make them as comfortable as they used to.