Im planning to buy Toyota Corolla AE86 for memes. Anything I should know about this model?

Im planning to buy Toyota Corolla AE86 for memes. Anything I should know about this model?

Slow and live rear axle

Awful rust. Check rear hatch and wheel wells. Good luck getting OEM parts, and enjoy having a slow, slow car.

you're not takumi

Is it rly that slow?

128 hp from the factory, probably making less than 100 at the wheels, probably less if it hasnt been taken care of.

It's only slightly sportier than a Corolla. Remember how everyone in Initial D mocked and underestimated Dagumi for driving one, and how surprised they were when it actually won? He won in spite of his 86, not because of it. Even with his talent, it took a racing engine and countless other modifications with money no object just to make it competitive.

They're shit.

Their god drift machines but yea they dont have alot of power to them. Their all about that downhill momentum. Be sure to boost and mawd.

You are literally buying a Corolla, but from the 80s. Think about that.

Get a Celica Supra.

You will spend more money maintaining it. It's a slow 80s car, what do you think?

>wants AE86
>Picture of AE85

Pick one boi

thats a cartoon though, not real life

>plot twist: OP is Itsuki

It's not like the car is better IRL than in the cartoon...
Actually quite the opposite. It's about as fast as a first gen Miata.

it is slow, it's a neat car just because of the show, if it weren't for that it would be the equivalent of buying a first gen civic si (granted the 86 is rwd), if you want a fun rwd buy a miata, if you only want the 86 because of the show then I say go for it at the very least its a conversation piece

>It's only slightly sportier than a Corolla.
It is literally a Corolla you fucking idiot.

>im fucking plying you can tell the difference from the outside
protip: 86s and 85s both came with hidden headlamps and fixed headlights
now stop being a retard

Slow as dicks.

>the grille

>Im planning to buy Toyota Corolla AE86

Unless you live in Japan or import one from there, no you're not.

AE86 owner here. They're great cars but very pricey. Parts are scarce, too. I use buyee a lot to get rarer parts. Watch for rust, the main killer of these cars. And to be honest, for a 1980s economy sports car, it's fairly swift. Excellent get up and go.

Ask yourself: Do I like the car, or do I like the anime. Read up about them. If you just like the anime, don't get it. You also have to get yourself into the community. That's an excellent way of getting parts and help with any issues.

Basically, if you like the car, get it. Make sure you have dosposible income and basic knowledge of cars.

>OP is going to buy a car because it was in this anime I watched

>I'm not going to buy a car because it was in this anime I watched

I would call you a faggot but I am also a faggot.

Go back to rcr you mouth breathing retard

Extremely light weight and have great control if you can tune it correctly. But don't try to be competitive with it. Maybe it could pull it off in 1995, but this is 2017.

If you're still into that style though, consider a Toyota 86.

>He won in spite of his 86, not because of it.
Not really. He won because of a car that was highly tuned for winding roads and an understanding of the importance of maintaining speed through those turns as opposed to outright acceleration. The car actually performs very well for those applications.

Rust
Also expect to pay inflated prices due to the Initial D meme tax

If you are in USA, there are 2 Corolla sport models. One is the Corolla GTS. Its the most desirable and in terms of spec, comes closer to the Japanese spec AE86
The Corolla SR5 has the general body and chassis of the AE86, but is worse overall due to (non-4AG) shitty engine. Its still somewhat desirable because it has dat AE86 VIN code and its possible (though a pain in the ass) to convert it to the GTS spec

>boy racer being this wrong about the ae86
The irony is delicious. Stage 1 is all about mocking people like you.