Are there any benefits to having smaller wheels on an economic daily driver?

Are there any benefits to having smaller wheels on an economic daily driver?

Thicker air cushion and therefore higher comfort.

Smaller wheels are weaker against potholes. You'll get a flat easier.

That only makes slight sense. On the contrary a thicker sidewall is more likely to prevent the pothole edge from pounding into your wheel and blowing the tire.

But then your tire will have a pimple desu, might as well just blow the fucker out

Also small wheels look gay, the standard is 18" at least now

I'd rather be gay and comfortable than look like a bro and have a washboard ride.

Faggot

Not looking like a nigger.

This + cheaper tires

tire prices are pretty even across the board these days

Less weight and therefore more empeegees.

Less contact with the road= less friction dragging the car and less energy required to sustain momentum

So better mpg

good reply, im sure you took the time to actually look it up before posting that image for the billionth time this year

On a side note, would Veeky Forums recommend the Optima as a base model economic daily driver?

Honestly I would get a Mazda 6, as it comes with a manual

Theyre nice, but if I would get a Mazda 6 I'd want the Grand touring which is too pricey for me

Meh, just about any midsize or compact sedan nowdays is suited for that role

For a base model Kia, that's a nice interior.

yeah nah horseshit

i pay more for 18 inch performance tires now than i was for my old car which had 17s

Also: Better acceleration and better handling on bumpy roads - the tyres will be able to maintain contact with the road easier.
Probably easier on the car's suspenion components too

Softer ride
Better MPG
Cheaper tires
Less road noise
Less likely to get damaged from curbs and pot holes

I would rather have the smaller wheels even on something like a Model S for all the reasons above.