Which automotive meme makes normies more dangerous drivers?

Which automotive meme makes normies more dangerous drivers?

I'll start with pic very related and the goons who think AWD makes them immune to normal physics when rain/snow/ice.

Antilock Brakes
Traction Control
More than 2 Airbags

Normies wanting to drive manuels

Maybe in burgerland.

The 'impenetrable safety bubble' meme that stops them wanting to look before they pull out.

Car centric urban planning to be honest because it increases distances and forces people who have no interest in driving cars to drive cars. Even when you like driving you'll eventually grow tired of the same old unnecessarily long commutes. And everyone drives accordingly. It would take too much energy to give a damn.

It's true. Friend actually was held up at gun point for his shitbox.
>3 nigs get in the car
>it's a stick
>they get out and run off into the night

insurance

>"i hope someone hits my car so i can get a new vehicle"
reeeeee its not that simple reee

I have to agree quite a bit on this.

I live and work at a rather large ski resort, with the main groups of visitors being norwegians, swedes, danes, russians and smaller numbers of germans, danes, brits and so on. You won't believe how many people I'll come across through a winter, stuck in a ditch in their big, expensive AWD BMW X5, Mercedes ML, Range Rovers and so on. AWD sure does help, but it does make a lot of these drivers overestimate their own ability and the actual traction offered from it, while also thinking that they no longer need proper tires and giving no though to the fact that it doesn't help you stop.

A few of my own
>automatic braking
Works fine when its working, but I'm afraid that people will get too used to them, leading to a hefty accident the day it doesn't. Still, I believe it does more good than harm, as a lot of the folks that would crash when it didn't function would crash irregardless

>screens everywhere
Light pollution is something I really, really hate - if I am ever in need of more than two seats I'll often borrow my dads 2013 Outlander, and I cannot believe that he can stand driving it like he does at night. Dashboard light is fully on and quite sharp, media screen is blue and is on full brightness, and the blue LED on the phone charger is also on and pointed directly at where your eyes. I'll turn the screen off, dim the dashboard as much as I can and remove the charger; and its still too fucking bright for my taste. All this does is make sure you see even less outside of the windshield

>winter tires
A few of you might be aware of my love for winter tires, but I also "dislike" the fact that a lot of people get new premium winter tires and assume that they now have the traction of R888's on a racetrack, and pretty much immediately ditches their car

You still have so little traction its laughable, even with the worlds best winter tires...

winter tires are the absolute biggest scam ever perpetuated in modern history

literally is that simple, had some old cunt pull out in front of me without looking, totaled my car, her fault, new car for no cost to me

come to new england and drive without them you silly
>inb4 one of you eurotrashes says "b-but why dont you not live in the 3rd world then"

Please, we're trying to have a serious thread here

i live in central saskatchewan you dipshit
>americans talking like they know winter
lmao

buy real four season tires

your annual snowfall is literally one third of what it is in my state.

Specialized tires will outperform all-seasons in every condition
be less poor and you'll be able to afford more than one set

I live in eastern Ontario, Canada...I have been driving over 30 years, not ever with 'winter' tires...I've never had an issue, nor an accident...

your's is closer, still only about half of our annual snowfall at the most. Also that isn't to say it is impossible to drive without winters in the snow, I'm disagreeing with his point saying they are a scam, you can't deny it is easier to drive with winters in snow or on ice

>t. moron that doesn't understand optimal temperature range of different tire compounds
>being this ignorant despite access to the world wide internet

I think the general consensus is that you dont NEED winter tires to survive, not even in quite shit conditions like you get in northern Canada, Norway, Russia and all of these areas. I mean, people were driving much worse cars on much worse tires 40 years ago and got around fine.

The question is; is your car properly equipped with those tires so that you can safely keep a speed that won't impede/slow down traffic and also allow you to stop within a safe distance for the speed you'll be going?

thats what I was trying to say, sure it absolutely is possible to drive without winter tires in snow...but why would you? Thats like saying you don't wear a seatbelt because 99.9% of the time you don't need it

Eh, winter for a lot of people consist of maybe two months of very irregular snowfalls, with minimal to no ice or snow that actually stays, combined with little to no elevation & traffic that always goes extremely snow during/right after a snowfall

Still, if you live in a place with hefty winters, lots of ice and so on then I don't really know why you wouldn't invest in a pair of good winter tires. I've driven perfectly fine cars with ABS and everything on absolutely garbage-tier chinese winter tires and their likes, and I know that if I do the speed limit on those tires I would simply not be able to safely stop in time for something like a moose coming onto the road up ahead, or someone pulling out of their driveway. Thus I would have to keep my speed low, making everyone with proper equipment overtake me, causing potentially dangeorus situations and generally annoying everyone

I think a lot of the discussion/shit throwing regarding winter driving & winter tires comes from the fact that people are not able to understand the vast difference of the severity of the winter season you get all over the world

this

>I think a lot of the discussion/shit throwing regarding winter driving & winter tires comes from the fact that people are not able to understand the vast difference of the severity of the winter season you get all over the world

It's also just ignorance. There was a time (35 years ago) when winter tires really were just shit because tire technology was still advancing. These days winter tires use rubber compounds that remain soft in cold temperatures, this along with tread design helps them outperform all-seasons and certainly summer tires in winter conditions. Summer tires get so hard in cold weather it's almost like driving on ice even if the road is clear and dry. All seasons really aren't much better, they're just mediocre year-round compared to tires dedicated for the given conditions/season.

>you dont NEED winter tires to survive, not even in quite shit conditions like you get in Russia

Nigga pls. We've got so many retards with shit tires crashing every time there's snowfall that "дeнь жecтянщикa" is a term used by state TV. (They even implore people to avoid driving at all, since even if you have winter tires, the cheap faggot in a semi coming at you might not)

>people were driving much worse cars on much worse tires 40 years ago and got around fine

They actually didn't do particularly fine, even considering much sparser traffic and slower speeds. Hell, my grandfather just locked the car up in a garage for the entire winter every year to avoid dealing with cold.

Well, thats kinda the fault of the semi - I'm talking about getting where you need to go, even though you'll heavily impede traffic and struggle

I dont know anyone who stopped driving during winter in the late 40s and onwards. Roads were well kept by the current standards, and most folks kept a set of chains if needed

Still, like I said; huge difference between barely getting where you need to be and driving effectively. I could slap some summer tires on my Hilux and go driving, but I would have to go at such a low speed it would be illegal

>light pollution

Something I love about my grand prix is the "stealth mode" it has that turns off the lights in the instrument cluster. I'll the use the light dial for the center console to turn those light all the way off as well.

The only light at all inside my car is from the HUD that only displays my current speed. Maximum comfy at night.