Thinking about getting a mustang eco boost for my daily driver what are some "sporty" coupes out there for that price...

thinking about getting a mustang eco boost for my daily driver what are some "sporty" coupes out there for that price range (less than 30k) I have a 2016 Corolla S for whats its worth I like it but I want a little more power. my credit is ehhh OK its about 702. no manual cause im a bitch. commute is 27 miles round trip

I have one in a manual and like it. Get the auto for straight line speed. Very easy to hit 330-350 whp with bolt ons and E30. First thing you need is an intercooler. Don't waste money on a CAI and get the accessport for tuning. Other sporty coupes include BMW 1&2 series, Camaro, challenger, BRZ twins, and I'm sure there are a few others.

not really a car person but what about the golf GTI with DSG

Those are pretty fun aswell and good on gas. Not really a coupe though. It depends how much you want RWD or if you want more FWD. I think insurance is pretty high if you're younger on the GTI.

didnt even think about that is it really considered a sports car to warrant the more insurance ?

>he bought a cvt corolla
>not paid off and already looking to get rid of it
>not getting the v8
kill yourself

the ecoboost mustang is perfectly fine. I'd highly recommend getting the performance pack, it's completely worth the money and transforms the car. Get the manual, you won't regret it, it's easy and the moostang was my first manual car. you'll pick it up fine.

I get 30-34 highway cruising, 20-24 city driving like an asshole.

I got the mustang because it's big and comfy and has plenty of trunk space. if you're keeping the corolla and it's not a full DD replacement a Miata or 86 might be more 'true' sporty cars, while not being 1000000% faster. If it's a DD replacement a dual-clutch or manuel GTI is also worth considering.

>V8
>2017

>ever considering a non v8 mustang
>ever

yea but i think its still rated similarly so you might as well get a mustang. but it sounds like you have yourself set on the gti

Get the v8 or don't bother. Ecoboost is fucking lame, and it's an insult to the name.

>Not getting a V8 and enjoying it before V8s are regulated out of existence

I dont have my heart set on the GTI but it is in the pool of options i want and plus this its something im doing down the line in about a year

must be something im missing but I dont think thats gonna happen

I was able to get 0 percent interest on my GT. Might see when they are going be offering those kind deals again if you're not in a huge hurry.

Yeah usually do this with the previous years model to try and sell the stock out to make room for the new models.

>wants sporty
>refuses to learn manual
stay with your shit box Corolla until you decide to stop being a faggot

>Very easy to hit 330whp

a little more like my 17 year old stock ls1 fbody

>"sporty"

Just sucks that the 4cyl is trapping like 97 stock, while even the 3.7 v6 was doing 104 (iirc).

Cyclone makes 330 wheel HP after full exhaust/int/tune.

They certainly don't have the down low feel of the 4.6s, 5.0s (coyote and sbf), or even the ecoboosts.

Just from having FI on a stang, I would NEVER waste my time boosting a 4cyl in a regular weight car, or at all really.

Why strain the hell out of a baby motor to make low end stockish v8 power?

>buying a v4 mustang ever

>Buying a 4 cylinder Mustang

Why not just get the V6 manual, it's about the same performance for much less and is a more fun power train to rev out. And it probably sounds better than Ecoshit