/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

Horizon thread edition

>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - - - - - - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- - - - - - endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- - - - - - endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/sub/149432/
endless-day.com/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=819758794
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=804732593
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is it just me or do these games always have a tipping point where no enemy faction can challenge you and you are suppose to spend 3 hours painting the map and researching the final objective

Major ES/EL sale on steam for those interested.

store.steampowered.com/sub/149432/
endless-day.com/

Generally yeah.

In civ5 you can have games on deity depending on map settings where you just got one victory type a few turns before the AI did.

is it true you can brute force the Horizon Signal event to trigger? I never managed it.

I don't know, haven't played since 1.2.

Saw some people claim to do so 2-3 threads ago.

We need Arthropoid, Avian, Fungoid, and Plantoid then to complete to serious.

Does anyone know what those species types turn into?

You absolutely can. Once you survey a black whole, just have your science ship fly back and forth between it and the nearest system.

Eventually the event will trigger.

Series, not serious.

Sorry.

And now, this fortress belongs to me now.

They really need to fix the 'bash up their vassal/puppet state to take the overlord's stuff' part of the war mechanic, because that was what I did to take everything the Bastion of Ikaanan had without fighting them directly.

I even get to take over as the overlord of the former FE's puppet state, the Ikaanan Enclave, for free.

I fucking love the Exterminatus mod for Stellaris.

Virus bombing an empire's worlds never gets old.

>be civ 5
>have diplomatic and domination turned on
>never had diplomatic victory turned on before
>amassing wealth, nukes, and death robots in the late game
>only 2 civs are around my technology level, the rest are still playing in WW2 or less
>notice that Germany has a shitton of votes for world leader
>didn't realize they got additional votes if they were in the top few
>they're close to winning
>nuked their cities out of existence and captured their capital before they won
>I had complete kills turned on
>mfw I couldn't find the last nuclear sub hiding under the ice before they became world leader

>not capping my replies

The one where you told me to shut the fuck up?

Yes :)

Wait wtf can the scourge return again ? Or is it a bug, I had it come second time after I defeated them.

I didn't make the cap, but I am curious -- why'd you react that way?

An user asked a question and I tried to answer.

What was there to get upset about?

I didn't see the original question and thought you were just posting nonsense. I wasn't upset; it was just a little banter.

Oh, okay.

No harm done, then.

I'm glad we're still friends, user.

Me too, user.

If the race changes bother you all so much, why no just open up the save game and change the icon set back to the original one?

If only there was a mod that can allow non-Unbidden species ships to use that kind of way of constructing things, so that I can pretend that my psionic people are literally wishing things into existance with the power of the mind.

Maybe in Banks?

>tfw you can now get Vodyani pop as non-Vodyani
All you have to do is win the ground battle part, not attacking the Ark itself in a space battle.

I'll be disappointed no matter what arthropoids turn out to be, because the species that looks most like dimensional horrors is separate DLC.

>Ascending turns you into an endgame crisis
Noice.

Now THIS is a real Leviathan.

Suffice to say, this gigantic thing that turns a battle into a light show ate up my entire fleet without a single scratch on its shields.

Found an 25 tiles planet next to my home-world with one negative and one positive trait respectively -25 minerals and + 10 minerals... paradox why?

>paradox why?
They want to make it abundantly clear that they don't respect you. Personally.

Ffs user use tiny outliner and tiny planets.

bravo

better late than never

I love how its power level is simply skull ...
What a cool and efficient way of saying "lube up, im going in" :]

This thing was added in by a mod I believe which at some stage spawns three anomalies that go into the situation list, and this one is pretty damn powerful. In terms of technology I'm pretty much up to the top of 'vanilla' technology, using Egnimatic stuff. But looking at how my ships went pop, it seems to ignore shields completely and ignores most if not all of armour as well.

And so indeed, without mods that give you stronger modules and better ships, I'm not sure how you're supposed to deal with this thing (if at all). My fleet dealt at least 100k kinetic damage to it by the time they all died, but I never saw its shields dip down a tiny tick at all. It really deserves the 'skull' level strength.

Worth it jumping into Endless Space 2? Been playing EL alot, have ES but not tried it.

>Updated Metaverse to support all 6 factions (must own additional factions through 8-Bit Hordes and 8-Bit Armies
YES! YES!

Can I do ancap in space?

I love shit like that in games.
Its one of the few great things about Stellaris - endgame crisises, War in Heavens etc, Some enormous end game threats that even end game empire will have trouble against always make my dick hard.

Individualist+Materialist I guess.

Fanatic Materailist or add Xenophobe/Xenophile or Pacifist/Militarist.

Megacorp gov.

Use only private colonist ships.

Put everything into sectors with 0 tax.

>Put everything into sectors with 0 tax.
>empire collapses

Welcome to ANCAP.

hm, would it be violating the NAP to set sectors to research focus?

>asteroid sighted coming for ours Mars colony sir !!!
>oh nevermind, it went through the field of fire of three ODIN class OWP's with 2.4K firepower each, all its left is some minerals to salvage

Muahahahahaha, dont fuck with UNSC son.

>tried Planetary Annihilation
>lost
The planets are just shit too big, I don't have enough units to defend myself, let alone attack.
>ranged units are useless because of the planet's curve
Fuck you.

So, ship design.
With projectile weapons, do I generally want few large guns or many small guns?

Well usually as a rule of thumb you put developed planets into sectors and since they're developed you tax them the max possible 75%

I'm playing synth empire and uga bungas from primitive reservation asked to join my empire... sure why not .. problem now is that they're a problem. Should I birth control them until I had over -30% ethic divergence? That is my energy planet so I have no reason to enslave them.

It's inherent in the system. Total War tried to solve it with the bullshit realm divide/crises but it isn't satisfying.

Cross-play?

>Well usually as a rule of thumb you put developed planets into sectors and since they're developed you tax them the max possible 75%
Talking about how to roleplay ancaps.

So no stealing 75% of their stuff.

Why didn't you make that into a research world?
That's what stone age primitives are for.
The powerful adjacent society research bonuses from reservations.

It's a world rich in energy tiles and has 20% energy bonus, fuck research.

I have a mod that makes homeworlds into special genesis worlds which gives 30% research bonus so I'm going to purge some primitives or steal one from another empire and make it my research center.

>mfw adding WH40K worlds mod to my Stellaris collection
>mfw turning Mars into Forge world, Venus into Hive and Titan into Fortress

Lube up Xenos, im coming for you !!

Yes. You can finally have undead invading the multiverse to protect it from the evil cranoids!

Well, the game is still too simple to be really fulfilling, but I like messing around like that.

>It's a world rich in energy tiles and has 20% energy bonus, fuck research.
It's not that big of a bonus compared to the insane society bonus you get from stone age primitives.

Well I picked the option which doesn't generate tiles with society bonus anyway.

And how doesn't it compare ?

30% bonus + 20% synth bonus + 5% materialist bonus that's 55% bonus society on a planet that researches all techs equally.

My superior technology is ready, Gue'la.

Prepare your legs, thighs, and breasts avian races.

10/10

>30% bonus + 20% synth bonus + 5% materialist bonus that's 55% bonus society on a planet that researches all techs equally.

That's your homeworlds research vs the potential research.
And I'm not sure it would compare there either because of existing percentage on a higher base yield.

What you should be comparing is the research potential of a stone age primitive world and the energy potential of that same world.

>xenoshits
>superior technology

Keep being deluded filthy animal.

>avian race have the "repugnant" trait
>can't turn them into livestock

Are ground troops even worth it? Occupying planets with a single corvette as you fly around crushing fleets and stations works good until warscore starts getting retarded

>avian race has the charming trait
>people want them as pets, not food

>no matter what trait it has
>someone will still pay for the right to shag it

>everyone is Jack Harkness

I've just researched an edict that gives robots 20% resources bonus now the whole planet produces energy on top of that it has the planet 20% bonus + lots of tiles with high energy value, I see nothing wrong here.

Probably eventually I'll research the planetary edict for even more energy.

Rush to crush their fleets, then split your fleets equally and break down their fortifications on all planets.

You can from there use you single 9 - 12 army or preferably have at least 3 assault armies with again at least 9 or 12 units.

This is how you win wars fast and efficiently.

You'll see the warscore approach 100% in no time.

You should also mod the game the lower the 10 years truce to 5 years, because it's an artificial nonsensical game setting to make the game artificially longer.

You can edit the lua defines and just change a number for the same result.

Installation folder\common\defines\00_defines.lua

search for TRUCE_YEARS and change the value from 10 to 3 or 5 depending on how you like it, I have it do 3.

If you want to make it feel balanced start with 5 then late game lower it to 3, or play with 3 all along.

>I've just researched an edict that gives robots 20% resources bonus

Which edict?

Could've you have used it on another world dedicated to energy?
If so it's an irrelevant point.

So splicing Vodyani dust genes gives +1 FIDS.

This is true beauty, but it comes at a cost.

The cost being really damn hungry all the time.

HFY Rapetrain copypasta incoming ...

Is Homeworld 1+2 classic + remastered worth 6$ if you already own stellaris?

>amazing visuals
>great multiplayer
>absolute shit single with really great lore, art design and interesting story

Decide for yourself.

How is Endless Space 2 shaping up? I liked the first one, but combat was atrocious.

They are different kind of games. They are good even if Homeworld 2 got fucked by publisher medling.

Homeworld and Stellaris are vastly different.
Homeworld barely has any ressources, it's all about what you can capture while minimizing your losses.

It wasn't big enough.
There should have been multiple ideologies and when one of them steamrolls too much everyone of that ideology unites behind the leader or takes massive penalties.

They managed to make the combat even worse and listen to the screeching autists who demand them to remake systems that are good and turn them into shit.

>]
Sorry I need to correct it - it's an empire wide modified robots get + 20% resource output.

Probably from one of these two awesome mods I'm using:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=819758794

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=804732593

Ethos Unique - Cross Ethos Technologies
Ethos Unique Techs and Buildings

I like how it is changing, though options are hampered a bit with the tech system being 2/3rds done.

They improved the scan view setting so it actually looks like a scan view instead of an overlay.

Being able to put drag and drop ships into one of three flotillas is nice.

The background music in Stellaris is comfy

I sometimes fall asleep to it, while I leave the game on pause.

You are comfy user :)

Have you been listening to the background music of ES2 ?

I actually have no idea what vanilla stellaris music sounds like because my mods replaced the soundtrack.

The AI in this game is suprisingly good for 4x standards, it's basically MOO2 with WAY higher production values and shitty non-turn based combat.
Gonna try extreme, wish me luck lads.

How do you get Stellaris AI to actually do something? I always zoom past everyone after 150 years no matter how I play. The AI barely never makes fleets larger than 15k which also makes endgame crisis bothersome because I am the only one able to respond to them.

Silly, silly raiders...

This system is MINE, you are not welcome here !

Ren Ota just needs more money for them programs

>can we discuss city builders in 4x general

how old are you? I find underage newfags who just woke up from their ipad addiction have the most difficulty telling traditional genres apart

Isn't it just the Share the Burden Edict?

Too late, he got his ass pounded harder than 18yo girl on her first gangbang.

>tfw fucker managed to scratch my paintjob before my MAC's turned hum to dust and light

Its going to be a bitch to clean up...

I hope you have a good story for the intergalactic news otherwise you'll be drowned in controversy

Nah I've checked it's from the mod: Cross Ethos Technologies

It's because I'm both collectivist and materialist it was unlocked.

>homeworld
>shit singleplayer

>remastered
>great multiplayer

kill yourself multiple times my nigger

Is ES2 fun yet if I did like ES1 combat? (full autoresolve is too little control but fuck manual tactical combat, I just want to give extremely broad orders and read results)

>implying people of UNSC care about some raider scum

user, we are militaristic, individualist and materialist - we eat raiders for breakfast.

Homeworld singleplayer is complete shit. Great Lore, missions, art design but that atrocious cheating AI makes it pointless.
#dealwithit

>we are militaristic, individualist and materialist
But what about the rest of the galaxy? They will find out that you killed Ren Ota just for trying to collect money so that he could give his son a proper education

Yes. Can't quite remember how fast fleet sizes grew in ES1, but currently but currently it can go to something like 24+ CP. You can control which in-battle flotilla each ship goes into, but 1 always has to be in the middle.

>But what about the rest of the galaxy?
I dont give a fuuuck about rest of the galaxy and their opinions - i have MAC cannons, almost 10 colonies in Sol system and people who are willing to defend their freedoms to the last round.

>tfw i have to be missing some kind of joke about thatn Ren guy

>and people who are willing to defend their freedoms to the last round.
And yet they won't defend the freedoms of the poor and the hungry