How would you guys get this out? I've tried using pliers to grip the edges and rotate but it's not working

How would you guys get this out? I've tried using pliers to grip the edges and rotate but it's not working.

Looks like a pop rivet to me. Best way I know is to drill it out, though it might not look too pretty afterwards.

mitsu used fasteners like this to unbolt the main engine loom that plugged into the computer.

Is that for a seat or something?

yes, it's for a motorcycle seat. it was just an allen bolt but I stripped it by accident. it is in there really good. it is the wrong size so I accidentally screwed it into the battery. fortunately nothing seems to be wrong but I really need to get it out of there. i am considering just cutting out the plastic around it as a last resort

pic related.

if the bolt wasent counter-sunk I'd say use a big pair of vice grips.

Shit son, you might just have to drill that shit out.

Tried it already my drill is shit

... how is it unable to drill even that?

Be sure to blast it with a warm penetrating fluid.

Dunno man it just doesn't work it spins in place

make sure you have a sharp drill bit and it rotates in the right direction
remember, it's clockwise for drilling and then counter-clockwise for extraction

Ok so i drilled in a good amount with a smaller bit. Now I just do it in reverse and it should come right out?

Pic related

user wtf are you doing

Trying to get this bolt out man

It broke my drill bit

Nigga that's an impact
You're using an impact to drill a hole.
You madman.

It drilled the hole fine, it was when I reversed it that it broke

It didn't break, it just came out of the bit holder. Remove the bit from the hole by hand, hold the blue bit still, and turn the chrome bit loose until the bit goes back in, then tighten it.

Probably came out because you're using a fucking impact

Go buy a left handed drill bit (so you can drill while rotating it counter clockwise) it will eventually grip with the bolt and unscrew it for you without having to actually drill through the whole thing

NO, I dont wanna

Then keep drilling and wasting time

first you should be using a drill, not an impact
second you need a bigger drill bit, see third youll need an ezout and the small drill bit after you get the bolt head off and get the seat out of the way

goodluckbr/o/

Just stop before you drill a fucking hole into your battery.

>how to destroy a bolt

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

i have one of those ez-remove bolt kits but the bits are so large. ill try it again

As someone who drilled out a broken off exhaust manifold stud while it was still in the truck, this weekend, this thread pains me.

Grab them with snippy end of wire strippers. Works every time.