Guys, redpill on me on the Kia Optima. Is it a good choice for a daily driver?

Guys, redpill on me on the Kia Optima. Is it a good choice for a daily driver?

My only other choice was a 2014 Camry because all other new midsize sedans are ugly, and I don't trust Ford or Mazda reliability.

There is nothing wrong with Mazda reliability now, they're about as good as Honda and Toyota

Get a civic for 3k or an actual good car with your 20k. Don't buy a boring ass mid-sized sedan. Or fix your current car.

>trusts gook reliability
>doesnt trust mazda

That's a fair assumption, I've known a few co-workers who had older Elantras that were complete shitbuckets

But my 2006 Sonata has been extremely reliable for me and trouble free. It's like a Camry except the seats squeak during cold winters and the dash is cheap.

Keep in mind the resale value for the Toyota will be much higher than any comparable KIA.

Granted the KIA may be artificially more fun to drive or offer more gadgets. The Toyota may pay it off later.

Then again, I would never spend my own money on a Toyota labelled product, at least none of the ones offered in North America. And neither would I on a KIA so you put me between a rock and a hard place.

trusting KIA over Mazda

lmaooo

>trusts the gooks
>doesn't trust mazda
>doesn't trust the literal best american brand

dude, where do you even make assumptions this fucking retarded?

please for the love of everything holy revamp your knowledge of everything automotive.

>literal best american brand
>pigstang earns 2 stars

eurocuck crash test != reliability

Why not Honda?

CVT

Awful infotainment systems

Boring cars desu

I wonder when this meme will end. Korean cars have been rated as more reliable in some cases over Japanese brands according to credible sources like consumerreports, the same source you'd cite to defend your assumptions. Watch, now you'll discredit consumer reports because you can't argue your way out of a plastic bag without ad hominems. I already won, because your meme spouting isn't an argument.

>meme spouting
>"no, the gooks, didn't rip off the germans in every way possible"
>"just because they look exactly alike doesn't mean anything"

99% of Veeky Forums never drove it or something similar, let alone is able to afford it. it's an unreliable gook shit, buying a brand new dd commuter car is a big no-no and instead you should buy a civic or corolla for $3k.

i want a reliable daily that's practical and reasonably quick. will i be incredibly disappointed with a v6 camry? looking at either 1mzfe or 2grfe variants

>10+ year old Camry
>quick

Top kek

>civic or corolla for $3k.

Thanks for reminding me to filter "3k"

maxima with the vq35de

So you don't trust Mazda or Ford.. but you trust Kia?

It's 2017 buddy, Kia's stopped being shit 10 years ago.

2gr camry (2007+) is ~6 sec to 60

I have more miles than that on my Optima and it's just fine.

non rotary mazda is top tier

post 10y powertrain warrenty kia/hyundai is excellent used car value tier

That's not quick in 2017.

>high compression engine
>reliable

>Luxury cars all look the fucking same
>Hyundai moves toward luxury
>they start looking more like luxury cars

HORRYYY SHIT

i don't need to be sub 5 seconds to merge onto the highway, so it's quick enough for me.

>sub 5 seconds
>quick

>not running the quarter mile in .034 seconds at 9,351 mph
>you

the left looks better than the right

mb has become a parody of itself

get the manual, cuck.

kia in general has gotten quite good, the 10y 100k mile warranty seals the deal imo. i know someone with an optima, had it for a few years no problems. go for it op