BMW 850CSi on autobahn

>BMW 850CSi on autobahn
How many V12s with a manual gearbox? not many

youtube.com/watch?v=VpvrRB79koU

Why aren't limitless highways a thing worldwide?

Cause it's a cultural/political thing to have limitless stretches of highway there and the rest of the world either doesn't have the space or can't be bothered to changed their infrastructure/driving requirements/etc to make it safe for numerous reasons

Seems easy enough to me.

>have long stretch of road between cities, states, etc.
>don't be shit at driving

The roads are already there and I'll be using them at 100 to 110km/h already. We had one stretch of road with no limits for a while, no fatalities, etc. and they ended up imposing a limit this year for revenue raising purposes.

>Not enough space

Burgers have literally 4000 miles from coast to coast and still don't get unlimited highways. Yet, there are so many places where it would make sense to allow them.

I would enjoy traveling a LOT more if I could blast through Iowa, Kansas, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, and the Dakotas at 100MPH.

>refusal to maintain roads resulting in potholes and the like everywhere
>concrete highways that make it impossible to hear anything above 50mph
>left exits and left entrances as well as freeways that become county/city/etc roads with left turns that complete throw off the keep right rule
>way too much traffic
>muh speed kills meme

This is the case in North America anyway. It'll take a revolution for it to happen anywhere over here.

Also Americans and Canadians alike are some of if not THE first world's most dangerous and aggressive drivers and it would take a huge change in driving culture (and culture period for that matter) for this to be safe.

The traffic issue is easy enough to work around; go at whatever speed is suitable for conditions. Obviously you're not just going to plow through other cars in traffic when there's a speed limit, so why do so just because there isn't one set?

Aside from the issue of maintenance (which could be sorted out) it seems easy enough. Leave warnings out for exits and let the drivers sort the rest out themselves and just deal with the noise if you want to go fast.

Sounds like they just need to git gud tbqh.

only 100mph huh?

because some idiot think that we are still in the malaise era and do 50 mph while everybody else follow the traffic or go as fast as they can. When its winter its even worse because the fastest driver is going to be two time faster than the slowest.

t. ivan ivanovich ivanov

dumb capitalist piggu

Triggered much, ivan?

But you can for the most part. I've done 140mph on cruise on 50 through Nevada for hours. What gain would a state get from changing an 85mph to unlimited? Tourist dollars? It just covers the state's ass, look into the history of Montana highways (which used to be unlimited). You can have a 65mph limit and not ticket people for going 90 (like a lot of California), and if someone fucks up and crashes it's because they were speeding so it's their fault, not the condition of the road, the signage, etc.

Spotted the clueless slav/eastern european. You fucks are insane, your pedestrians are insane, you drive insane, roads are anarchy. Worse than when I was trying not to die from everything in mexico.

It's called freedom you stupid uptight gringo

I'm literally from Southern Ontario and make frequent trips to the States
These were not me lel

Ameriburger here, this country is chock-full of terrible drivers who barely have any business doing 55 on the highway let alone triple-digit speeds and you KNOW it. Too many clueless soccer moms driving x-box huege suvs, cocky 40-something men that have no skills to back up their cockiness, disinterested teens that would rather snapchat their friends all day, the list goes on (and on). Driving culture is very different in Germany, where driving is much more a privilege rather than an absolute necessity to make a living. Testing and punishment is much more severe. You won't for example see countless morons travelling in the left lane despite not passing anyone.

This is what I mean when I say we need a change in driving culture on top of infrastructural changes in order for this to work. People don't respect driving and vehicles here like they do in Germany.

Because if this was to happen in US, the car at 2:30 would be in the left lane, causing huge accident

>— a nation can't drive
>— YEAH BUT THIS FUCKING POOR COMMY NATION IS INSANE AMIRITE

Way to deny the truth, delusional cunts. Literally kys.