>mayang.co͘m/textures
>> Free audio
>freesound.org/bro͘wse
>inco͘mpetech.com/music
>freemusicarchive.o͘rg
We should ditch these

...Why?

its been 2 weeks and i havent added a single thing to my level

i just keep adding pointless crap and making stupidly complicated intros for youtube videos

pls send help

Remember, doesnt matter how ugly your game looks
store.steampowered.com/app/270310/
this thing made its way to steam.

Make the game, then post progress.

what went wrong?

What's wrong with that

Never heard of it

>Memes
>Walking simulator
>Typing
I don't even know what game is that, but it looks like shit by its description.

How do I git gud at making game music?

>tfw you are making a browser based multiplayer game and engine in javascript and php

you can't stop me

Godot has no documentation or examples on that, so probably it's not it's intended use
You have to sift through Godot Editor sources to make heads or tails of it's C++ API

steamcommunity.com/app/404790/discussions/0/359547436758651337/

you tell me

The first tag should be enough.

The interactive movie was legitimately awful though.
Even the """"Gameplay"""" parts were just-implemented shit you'd see here. And archaic and awful design choices everywhere.

git gud at making music

This thing has more style than most steam games
how many other claymation games are on steam? I just know hylics and the swapper

Yes but how? How do I know what notes to use? Like why is D flat bad?

For the following reasons:

>Its subjective
why Godot but not XNA?
why a site for blender models but no stackoverflow?

>Its not used
see last thread someone asking about footstep foley when freesound is listed

>Its ugly
people dont read the OP because of how bulky it is)

Post some world maps for inspiration

Making a game as a means of screaming an obnoxious political statement is never a good idea.

And even among those, Rev60 stands tall as a completely botched message with horrendous gameplay.

The $10 tier didn't even get a copy of the game

isnt that Gang beasts game made with clay?

I actually kinda like it. It's unique.

The singing is terrible though. Which maybe is the point, but it's not funny-bad, it's just repellent.

My graphics suck, does it matter?

>25,803 ± 4,341 owners
>4€
~60-84k after steam royalty
How, the fuck did that game manage to sell a single copy?

looks like shaders imo

There is a bit of a trend toward replicating clay with shaders, tho. I don't think I've seen it in majorly in games yet, but definitely in tumblr art.

strawpoll.me/12164660

you NEED code to make a functional game.

>not a "both" category

Manually applying glow to a sprite in GM:S (using the glow function in the sprite editor) is vastly inferior to redrawing the same sprite behind itself, slightly bigger and at a lower alpha.

The problem comes from performance. I need to have 150+ of this sprite out and moving at any given time. The manual glow, while looking like ass, maintains 60fps during play while under the same scenario the coded glow tanks it to 52/53 fps. Without having to use any outside programs is there a way to get a good glow effect while maintaining fps? (I know the coded one tanks because it is essentially doubling the 150 sprites but it looks so nice).

(nb4 FPS debate, this is not about delta time or logic to room speed or anything so please let's not)

what kinds of games did y'all make starting out, /agdg/? i haven't made a single complete game yet but i've started on a ton of them - i just feel like i'm way out of my league every time, that maybe i'm starting with too large a scope. trying to find something that's more achievable.

Shaders.

Breakout

Yes.

But it's not everything.

Snek

You need art to make it playable.
More art work is needed than coding work, in a game.

Whichever you're good at will get you somewhere, but you'll need somebody else to do what you can't in order to get anywhere.
Can't make a game as a solely coder, can't make a game by just being an artist.

Game programming is much easier than making decent art

An artist can learn how to program well enough to make a game in a reasonable amount of time

but you could easily use your coding ability to make money and pay an artist
that's gonna be a lot harder to do the other way around

watch me

Use the outline tool in the sprite editor instead. Give it a thickness of 2 or 3. It'll look better AND run faster.

>You need art to make it playable.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv, superhot, bittripbeat,geometry wars, FTL, reassembly

I disagree

The API is 100% identical to GDScript because GDScript is just a binding to the C++ code, with some added features.

And no, it's not the intended use because it's retarded and doesn't serve any fucking purpose.

This.

Shitty programmer's toys like minecraft might make you a billion dollars or so but to make a REAL game you need, first and foremost, top notch art.

Top-down wow-clone. I liked it alot, but it was before I could draw for shit.

Should you go to extravagant lengths to avoid cliches or are they alright if done right?

>a REAL game
something something no true scotsman fallacy something something

Some players feel comfortable and at home when they run into cliches

Depends on the cliche. If it isn't so threadbare that no amount of execution can make it welcome then it just comes down to execution.

Except not.

My friend did 3d modeling professional, he got like 300-800 per model while freelancing, if I remember right, depending on how much work it was. More if it was something larger.
I think some asset he got like 1.5k for, which was really weird, because it only took him like 5 hours to make.

I imagine coders makes a lot too... But, if I understand this right, it takes a lot more work hours to make the graphics for a game, than it takes to code it.

>labor theory of value

OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT

Friendly reminder to spend more time investigating devs who inspire you and less time obsessing over devs who trigger you.

it's nearly impossible to get work as an artist
I think this is common knowledge

As a freelance webdev I charge $105/hr.

post throwaway email to get a free good amateur indie dev game!

are you going to fuck us with a stolen credit card?

Okay so I found 2 shaders that are close to what I want, however both of them have issues:
The first shader has trouble rendering transparency but overral it only shows the circle on the surfaces the sphere is touching
The second one shows up correctly but otherwise renders on top of everything else
Pic related is what is going on, there are 2 spheres and each have a different shader and how they work. Here is a link to both of them pastebin.com/t6vB6aiY
Basically what I want is a shader that looks like the second one, but doesn't render on top of everything else, but I have no clue what to do next

thats for me to know and you to never find out.

I find it disturbing that because a dev (supposedly) acted like a retard here a year ago you're trying to give him (MORE?) negative reviews on steam. Like this is a command center for attacking game devs you don't like. Instead of just like make gaming.

Nodev.

Why would we want to... you've already won.

moot@Veeky Forums.org

>it takes a lot more work hours to make the graphics for a game, than it takes to code it

Tried implementing ship movement based on wind directing, for now you simply go faster the more you're following the wind. I hope things will look clearer when I add particle effects for the wind and the foam.

Thanks!

Yup. I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible but I did want to look at the Standard Assets and whatnot for nice effects.

Thanks. You'll look for treasures buried underwater and reel them up with a microgame. I'm not completely sure what you will do with them after but I'll figure it out eventually.

That is a subtle shitposting OP, nice one.

that can easily be true depending on the game

I can't think up a cozy concept.

Fuck, I'm doomed.

Here are all the links fixed:

> Next Jam: Comfy Jam
itch.io/jam/agdg-comfy-jam

> Play Demo Day 12!
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12

> Helpful links
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/KUSDs9vt

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/8DFkkce3

> Engines
Construct 2: scirra.com/construct2
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org
LÖVE: love2d.org
UE4: unrealengine.com
Unity: unity3d.com

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

thanks m8.

I totally would, but unfortunately m0t is kill. what's hiro's email?

like nick's kids?

Use 2 computer mice to perform surgery

Post comfy jam ideas

When do I get my award? Do you guys give out awards?

>faggot nodev OP is obsessed with nick ridgeway
What a shocker.
Be sure to shitpost plenty about comfy jam because you don't make games. Faggot.

You are so buttmad. Also I've posted progress several times in these threads with my unity game, I just like shitposting too. Stay salty.

Wow he "posted progress", he's a real gamedev now! Memequeen poser faggot.

>t. assmad cuck

Over the last few weeks I've been creating some stuff in Unity - effectively, I've made the framework of a little top-down city thing kind of like the old GTAs, as well starting on a build mode for you to make your own cities.

The thing is, I don't know what I actually want to do with it once it's done. I'm a comfyfag so I kind of want the game to have non-violent goals. Any anons have any ideas for what kind of objectives I could have in the game, and some sort of incentive to make your own cities/tie the build mode with the actual gameplay? I'm coming up with blanks here

Pic sort of related but obviously not mine

Do these generals have the highest per capita amount of people who deleting their own posts?

noir, rainy night taxi simulator
maximum comfy

sim copter

Is aiming for 1080p hand-drawn backgrounds/sprites dreaming too big for my first ever game? Should I kill myself now or later?

This

Its doable

It's janitors deleting shitposts
And the vast majority of the shitposts that are deleted are made by one specific individual.

Maybe pull a Germany and make a Municipal Services Simulator, but top down GTA2 style, driving busses or street sweepers, delivering mail, picking up garbage cans

Then again driving is hard to get comfy especially if it was to have any challenge at all. Maybe something more based around scheduling routes, you have x hrs until snowfall so you need to direct your limited number of salt trucks to spread salt where its most needed

>using exceptions to prove your point
Idiot.

The guy with the HL2 assets?

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing something like that, a sort of comfy top-down Crazy Taxi

I'm just wondering how to incentivize the map creation. I'm already balls deep in making an editor but I feel like there needs to be some kind of gameplay loop between the two, i.e. Do X in the main game unlocks Y in the editor, and vice-versa

stop

Thanks for the encouragement, I guess I'll start working on it. Making games is the only meaningful thing I can picture myself doing but I get demotivated way too easily for 6-month/year long stretches and just waste away by doing menial shit like autistically sorting lewd anime pictures and masturbating all day. Tips for not giving up?

>Can't make a game as a solely code
>except these
>n-no they don't count!
baka

>top notch art
But minecraft DID have top Notch art

I will buy that guy's game if he posts more gifs

Make a schedule likw drawing one background per week or something

>FTL
>no art
>worried anime girl.jpg

Should I wait until next demo day to release a demo?