/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Anime Edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favourite cases, your favourite characters or anything else AA related, it's all welcome here.

>Recent Updates
- AO2 is still in development. For more information and downloads check: docs.google.com/document/d/1UdQOegcjhWNgR2qg5RZA9DsmlP2JztGIh_5HAsQzJJ8/edit
- Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice has been released on iOS and Android devices.
- DGS Fan Translation is still in development, the first case is expected to be released by the end of the month.
- Server was recently split into normal AOV and Crossover Court. Find out more information by going to the main AOV doc, and then the Crossover Court link.

>What is Attorney Online?
In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>AO Quickstart Guide (joining the server, using the client, etc.):
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via guardlytheguard and lawfuldickish on twitch.

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2bosouX_d8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=FuH3aYAr6NM
docs.google.com/document/d/1wlNDNPbmowgc-13sNzi0033rKGGv18QQu_55J59UJcM/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/127XXRGMYpQndt19YqS4oscEvZlvkrHlP44_Gu2uCJ2I/edit#heading=h.7flz3i3gl51q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for cute Trucy

So how come there's a Crossover Court area AND server?

Shit trucy

What's gone? And where?

Your virginity.
Nowhere.

I wish there were more clean animations for Juniper in her casual wear.

Do hentai artists jerk off to their works?
Asking relevant questions there

Yes, it's why they tend to take so long making them.

Stop caring about namefags

You got it buddy.
A couple cases are getting set up.

Some do, some don't.

We've got a very "special" stream for this shitty meme case in area 1
twitch tv/lawfuldickish

>Namefags can now commentate cases but only if they're special friends with the streamer.
AdamBlue, Frozen, and 2017 Edition Snaikku specifically. This circlejerk has gone way too far, and it's disgusting.

You only needed to ask, user. The more cancer commentary, the better.

>Commentating

Holy shit Axiz was cancerous for doing that, this is 10 times more retarded.

You certainly need chemo

As long as they aren't IN the case, I don't see the problem.

They aren't in the case, and this is a one-time gimmick stream for a meme case. I have no plans to ever do this again

xth for Kirigiri

Kirigiri dies from a bullet wound in persona 4

Quick, post your best memeshots

memes?

Remember to like, comment and subscribe!

I regret signing up for this.

I think it'd be a cool idea if players could commentate their case and give a play-by-play of their thought process.

Would be a neat way to help new players

That would actually be interesting, especially since I love to look back at case streams and see how I looked externally during my frantic theory building.

Considering that as someone who wasn't actually playing the case while commentating that just watching the case by itself was a terrible way to commentate, that's probably a better way to make commentation during cases work.

Either way, merely spectating a case doesn't work for it. It's not fast-paced enough and you wouldn't watch a Youtuber commentating his spectation of Trouble in Terrorist Town.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So how are all those cases going?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sounds about right

>tfw you write cases just so that you can make shitty jokes in the summary/profiles of the vic and defendant

CASE PIC

RIP

What was the context for this?

My only regret about this case is that Larry didn't die in a game of blitzball

Can't say I remember, but if I had to guess I bet the defense ((SEES IT))

Anyone case building?

I still can't find the doc for that damn case.

What a lewd case that was

youtu.be/2bosouX_d8Y

This was the case about the whore house that was near a dairy farm right?

Maybe?

Yes it was. Except one of the witnesses brought in the whore house, originally it was just a dairy farm.

>tfw

youtube.com/watch?v=FuH3aYAr6NM

So, with that learning experience of a case over with, I have a question for you people.
Would you like any particular parts of that case highlighted?

Remember to never use crayon for maps

Fuck you its hte beste tool

Does anybody still have the link to that doc?

The cancer youtuber case?

Bin it.

it belongs in the trash
**t. everyone**

Sure, right here
docs.google.com/document/d/1wlNDNPbmowgc-13sNzi0033rKGGv18QQu_55J59UJcM/edit?usp=sharing

Cool new emote.
Ini needs reworking though.

How did this case end up going anyways?

>Furio was a rebel all along

Furio did nothing wrong

What did he mean by this?

So, which game is the best in the series?

for me its either trials and tribulations or gyakuten kenji 2

GK2, SOJ, and T&T are widely accepted as the top 3.
JFA, DD and AJ at the bottom, which leaves AA and AAI in the middle

Pretty great.

docs.google.com/document/d/127XXRGMYpQndt19YqS4oscEvZlvkrHlP44_Gu2uCJ2I/edit#heading=h.7flz3i3gl51q

Good post, user. But tell me, is there a single character in the Melty Blood series who can even remotely stop and overpower Nanaya Shiki? And no, I am not talking about Tohno Shiki, the alternate version of Nanaya Shiki, or even about Akiha Tohno, his sister, I am also not talking about the Melty Blood Act Cadenza Nanaya Shiki, or about the Melty Blood Re-Act Nanaya Shiki, not even the Kagetsu Tohya Nanaya Shiki. I am talking about the Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code Nanaya Shiki, the one who mastered the Nanaya Assassination Arts and the one who also possess the Arc Drive: Nanaya's Flash Sheath: Lost Prison Shramana, also known as Sensa Meigokushamon, where Nanaya slows time and does an arcing jump followed by a knife slash, killing his prey on instant.

bump

So,
What if, instead of waiting an extra 2 hours for a steno and having these 40 odd page docs, why don't we just do Classic/Quick cases where people just make their own notes and the doc is just for reminding yourself of evidence and testimony, like it used to be?

Cases would start faster, generally be quicker and also comes full circle on the whole 'vanilla server/area' thing.

user, people have been saying this forever.

However, the issue is that cases are way more complicated now. Witnesses all have 8+ lines of testimony, there's like 6+ pieces of evidence, and cases themselves are more convoluted because vanilla murder is boring.

I mean, you can try to make a format that removes the above things but just saying "Let's do a quick case without a steno" isn't enough, it needs to be a concerted effort to simplify the case and make sure it all doesn't get too complicated to follow without a steno.

Stenos are basically a requirement for improv cases with how complicated they are.
Stenos aren't a thing for scripted cases, and old AOV improvs, because they were simpler, and people were new.
Also what
Said.

>make sure it all doesn't get too complicated to follow without a steno.
Literally making your own notes in notepad or some shit.

>Stenos are basically a requirement for improv cases
It's sad that people think this.

Well I mean I've been here since December 2015, so yeah guess it is sad in a way.

Accurate.
Anyone who wants to watch the case is already watching it in-game.

>there was a DP case I missed
w-was it at least good?

>SoJ
>Top 3

"Not as bad as DD" doesn't make it a top 3 game, user.

For people with taste it's usually:

1. AAI2/T&T
2. AA1
3. JFA for the last case

>3. JFA for the last case
That's some low standards you've got there.

>le JFA is bad meme

smdh tbqhfamalam smgdh

Yeah, except when a contradiction relies on you getting what X witness or Y detective specifically said, then notes don't matter for shit.