You realize that this is basically the new Supra, right?

You realize that this is basically the new Supra, right?

Fucking wretched.

>fuckingpedestrians.jpg

Id say its Japan's take on the AMG cars. far too fat to be a supra and the supra itself wasn't even this fat compared to its rivals of its own time. this thing is nearing 4000 lbs and is NA making it un-tuner friendly which the last supra was. it also rides on a kind of Frankenstein mix of a sedan and coupe platform where as the last supra was a dedicated GT coupe platform.

ayy lmao

It's the new Soarer.

You realize that the upcoming Supra is literally the new Supra, right?

Whatever happened to making cars that look good at all angles?

Sc400

I like it a lot.

One of the toyota execs called this the Supra in one of toyota's promo press release videos.

God that's ugly. Japan needs to fire all their stylists, influenced by animuh and electronic toy design.

lc500 is an ls coupe

>V6

It'll be a "Supra" in name alone. BMW are keeping the inline six to themselves.

If its a V6 its probably a Toyota engine. why would you want a BMW engine over a Toyota one inline or otherwise?

B A S I C A L L Y

Knew it reminded me of something. Spot on.

If there's one thing BMW does right it's their engines, and what V6 are Toyota going to use for it? I'm assuming some sort of 2GR.

But wouldn't ANY engine from Toyota be better than ANY engine from BMW though? (assuming they are specializing this engine for their sports-car flagship and mean serious business) they probably aren't going to throw any ol generic engine in the car. part of the characteristics that made a supra a "supra" was its ridiculously reliable straight sixes that could hold hyper car horsepower and still be reliable/daily driven. excuse my ignorance but are there any BMW engines that can do that? even if its a V6 if Toyota designs it like the 2JZ then i'm happy as far as it being a supra successor since people will be able to make mad horsepower combined with modern technology which is what made the last car popular in the US in the first place.

This car could be a hit if they get that right and probably reach speeds never seen in the previous supra (wishful thinking but not completely off the table).

I read this stupid fan boy bullshit and I hope to god it's a UF engine bored and stroked to 6+ Liters just to watch you stroke out.

>excuse my ignorance but are there any BMW engines that can do that
It wasn't just the engine that did it for the Supra; the drivetrain could handle the abuse and the brakes had ridiculous stopping power. The whole thing was overbuilt.

With that said the equivalent BMW to Supra was the E36 M3, which was similarly over-engineered. The S50 isn't as renowned as the JZ engines but it has quite a bit of potential too.

The twin turboed S55 in the current M3/4 pushes 425hp at the crank from the factory. By comparison the supercharged 2GR (used in the Mark X) only has an output of 355hp.

Handles like shite, That Grand Tour episode destroyed it

>But wouldn't ANY engine from Toyota be better than ANY engine from BMW though?
No.

There was more to the Supra than just the engine.

Some say there was a whole car attached to it at one point

Fucking kek. Best post I've read in a while.

If Toyota were in the market to make decent engines today, they wouldn't have needed to beg Subaru to power the 86.

how does the supra/86/ae86 compare to a DC5 integra S. I'm thinking of buying one. they 10 grand....

They really need to go bow deeply at Yamaha to save their engine department.

Wasn't Yamaha going to cut the foreplay and produce their own original car? Their engineering is world class, I don't know why they haven't tried before.

I think so, but there's a lot more that goes into a car versus a bike.
Toyota just happens to be good at that stuff.

>designed by amerifats
bamboozled

The OX99?

Toyota wants to become an engine supplier for other car companies.

>The twin turboed S55 in the current M3/4 pushes 425hp at the crank from the factory
That's wrong. BMW advertises it's vehicles nowadays with whp. So that's even more impressive.

The 2jz was pushing 321 hp from a 3.0 liter i6 with 2 turbos.
Meanwhile the E36 M3 managed to get 321hp from a n/a 3.2 liter straight six in 1995.
The M3 engine is more "impressive", too bad americans only got the 240hp M3

Does it have the same retarded Sat Nav as the one Clarkson tested on TGT?

This. The car was arguably better than the 2jz.

Oh cool. An automatic only supra.

Get bent OP

this isn't the 80's/90's anymore, Toyota motors are a joke now, long gone are the days of the 22re that you could run for 500k+ miles without so much as changing the oil (note exaggeration, I know some of you on here are too dumb to tell)

>comparing a supra to an ae86
>comparing a surpa to a glorified civic
shiggydiggy

the new supra has been here for ten + years already. Get over it. this is as close to an mk4 as youll get.

Take your pick.
all i6

TT 6at
TT 6MT
TT 7DCT

available AWD so you can troll subarus and evos

Take your pick

Or

enjoy your hybrid "supra iteration"

>Pig fat
>Can't really mod
>Expensive