The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Fight it Out!
>youtube.com/watch?v=4un7Jedpicg
>youtube.com/watch?v=VaTA3YLVNeI
>youtube.com/watch?v=B7zPiF149q8
>youtube.com/watch?v=dg1rwUQmP64

>when you see someone unironically taking the 25% shot
and it hits

Continuing, both drones went down easy and one of my two Spartans blows an unfortunate ADVENT the fuck up, while the other flanks and shotguns his buddy from thirty yards. I've decided I'm going to try and abduct that Officer once I've killed him, since I still need to research those. He's not going down easy though. The firefight is going my way, and hopefully this will be the only resistance since this is right in front of the building with the evac point.

On the majority of missions they're by default infinite. Theres maybe a few exceptions where it fits for the mission type for there to not be an infinite number of reinforcements.
As for steadily increasing frequency of appearance throughout the mission? It would not seem theres a way to do so, but the frequency of them overall can be increased to any amount you want by changing the bucket modifier. While they'll appear more frequently than the default setting it would still be at an unpredictable turn due to the nature of the ALERT MODIFIER roll.

I was wrong. Very, very wrong. On the enemy's next turn two new pods popped up, bringing two sectoids and another squad of ADVENT into the mix. The ADVENT's Gunners proved extremely accurate, punching a hole in my drone-nigger's chest and causing one of my rookies to panic. My shotgunner Spartan is also wounded badly. The entrance to the building I need to reach the top of is now very heavily guarded.

Pistols are utilitious

who remember

Clearly that mission name was a sign

So you can't make them get more frequent but can make them frequent and unpredictable enough from the get go to still be a threat? Alongside the fact that you said the composition of the pod ramps up and can be modified to be more of a pressure than it is now, I think this is a great system.

what's the point of sending an 8 man death squad to Gatecrash ADVENT when the next 10 missions you are just stealthing around with a high mobility rookie?

handguns are often found to be effective

>last guy in the pod trapped
>guaranteed death via grenade
>check everyone else's shots before grenading
>select one of the shitter rookies
>13%, take it
>hits for max damage and kills the ayy

I'll take it

Yeah I have laser too, I can see that now, but need elirium crystals for it, which I don't have, for magnetic, I just needed alien alloys and like 50 supplies

This is what happened, I haven't gotten a single elirium core, or have any debris to clear that would give me elirium

I'm not gonna restart, i'll just try to hold out and pray that I can hold out for 10 more days with tier 1
Hopefully magnetic weapons aren't too expensive

Sidearms Dominate the Battlefield.

The point is to give you 8 promoted soldiers. Which allows you to break them up into smaller squads to level up rookies, send one to the resistance haven to sniff out those faceless

I think I found a faceless infiltrator.

I'm guessing the debris that would give me elirium are the exposed power coils? Only have 2 of those in the very bottom row

Chances of survival at an early-game impregnable mission?

nope

>Hopefully magnetic weapons aren't too expensive

:^)

I thought that was a funky-colored dildo from the thumbnail

The fight is not going my way. We're pinned down and now there are zombies on the field. My Spartans are cleaning up the refuse and my Marines score several kills, but their numbers are just too much to deal with. We're getting whittled down slowly as one of my men continues to bleed out without anyone able to reach him.

I think this next turn will decide if the VIP makes it out alive, or if he dies with my brave, retarded, suicidal men.

What does readiness indicate anyway?

all my supplies are getting taken to unknown causes

I do.

if I had to guess, it'd be the line of sight of enemies during the concealment phase

Reinforcement strength and how aggressive they are? Just guessing though.

Get soldiers to be advisers, and you'll soon discover the cause

can they just be rookies?

no, pretty sure they need to be at least a squaddie

At least a squaddie as mentions

The higher the ranker the more efficient they are

Another turn goes by, down to 7 turns remaining. One of my two Rookies goes down under withering fire, and I'll need to stabilize her. But both Sectoids are dead, and I'm roughly even in numbers with ADVENT now, and I can start to advance again.

Anyone notice on the LW2 maps that while they're really big all the enemies are always centered in a straight line from your spawn to the objective?

Now, I get on those rescue missions/assasinate whatever that they'd be chilling around their target but on extract VIP's generally every node is within sight/sound. Is the only viable way to do these to bring technicals in to fire rockets across the map randomly so you dont run out of time?

breaching charges when

Am I the only one that thinks that flamethrowers are fucking useless
The rocket launcher is great, but you only get 1 per mission, I really feel like the technical class is the worst
Or am I just missing something with the flamethrower?
It doesn't destroy cover, it doesn't attack through cover sometimes, the range is shit, I feel like they're always just outside of range

>breaching charges
-3 mobility
alerts all pods on the map
can cause friendly fire

So I got a soldier on-Haven.
Is there anything else I can do to prevent this fuckery?

higher the soldier rank the better your odds of it not happening.
All in all LW2 seems to be this big emphasis on additional RNG and tedium.

Any idea why sneks are called Vipers when real life vipers don't have hoods? Cobras have hoods.

Well, the Dominator -is- a funky weapon.

Tho it's also a useful pistol. Most of the time...

Nope, but keeping them down there ensures you don't have to go through this shit in the future(or at least as much)

You'll have to prioritize some havens to be on supply duty, and those should have soldiers attached for quite a bit. The ones that don't focus on supplies don't need them, meaning you can stick a scientist there for mad intel.

how broken are the MW weapons in LW2?
I assume they dont have the 3 upgrade slots like vanilla but do the upgrades actually work correctly?

HOLY FUCKING PODS BATMAN

I just tried my first LW2 Legendary mission, brought a smaller squad figuring if I infiltrated good enough that it would mean smaller groups or whatever

I bring five guys and I run into a pod right off the bat of five, then I shit you not, TEN fucking dudes are on the relay obj

Do I bring more guys? Do I eat shit early game?

xcom isn't full of aspies and viper sounds more vicious

>expecting anything doable from Legend
user...

Good to know.
So in that case its good to have Havens have different focuses. Alrighty.

Also Advent Strength determines the chance of retaliation, and hiding personnel lowers the chance, correct?

God bless Harfield. Killed the officer and gave me a chance to advance. My men flank the couple of ADVENT still holed up in the building, my men start stabilizing their fallen comrades, and we make a beeline for the evac.

I expect it to be within the remotest possibility of reason

I know playing Legendary is asking for it, but holy crap

Hey I don't play this but who was the bitch with the nice sweaty lower back from the previous OP image?

As far as I can tell yes to that, but advent strength also determines the amount of (base) enemies on a mission and their tiers; at 2 you'll see more vipers/sectoids etc.
So far I'm having a lot of fun but also a lot of frustration from those dumb speedrun objectives people keep posting about.

doesn't matter when you can just strip all the attachments for free, is a little tedious though

REPOSTING THIS:

Lists Infiltration Percentages and Enemy Activity stats.

How can I tell what the avatar project is at?

It's like june and I still haven't seen anything about it.

A regular soldier

What are the weapon tiers for LW?

Reg
Magnetic
???
???
Coil?

is there a mod or something i can do to make it so that certain voice packs cant be randomly assigned?

for example i have the delta squad voice pack and made each of the deltas as characters but the game of course also randomly assigns the voice packs and it annoys me and id rather not have ot change it for each soldier

Regular
Laser
Magnetic
Coil
Plasma

>laser below magnetic

how in the fug

>tfw you will never be a ragtag piece of shit resistance team throwing molotovs and using barely functioning homemade smgs
>you will never raid an ADVENT supply train on the move via driving pickup technicals and shooting it the fuck up
>you will never get your first restored rifle from the era of the alien invasion and give it to your best sharpshooter
>you will never have your resistance cracked down upon and have to go into hiding while occasionally supporting other resistance cells
>you will never reach a point where you're able to fight straight up against the ayys after years of struggle and flood the streets with a mix of militia, rioters and veterans from the first war
>nobody will mod any of this into xcom 2

it takes awhile for your soldier to sniff the dude out. seems at least like 3 weeks maybe more.

I DID IT

Basically what this means is that don't fucking infiltrate at anything less than 100% if you have to and don't bother going to 200% unless you have plenty of time to spare. It's fine to skip some mission.

On the other hand, I got a mission literally hours after deploying the advisor. It was so fast it ended up being my first post-gatecrasher mission.

>squaddie finds a mole hours into being put in charge of monkies
What, did he just walk up and start asking for secrets like a drug fiend trying to find crack?

Same here. It's probably just random.

Everyone but the darkie got a promotion for their hard work.

And most importantly, I got a precious Engineer from that mission.

Hope is just a sunrise away!

I don't know what she did, but it spooked me when I pressed the skip time button for the first time and got thrust into a mission without a prompt or anything.

Its fine to skip a TON of missions.
You'll be getting plenty regardless.

Ripped the Advent Trooper today

Is it possible to single/double soldier cheese a "kill person in advent vehicle" mission in LW2?

yes

Yes. I just wrapped one up.
I prefer capturing the VIP when I can though, which is probably super fucking hard with a 1/2 person mission.

Anyone have any idea what mod could be conflicting with LW2 to cause scanning for intel to not be available at your resistance center? Trying to pan over where the haven should be moves the camera to the north pole, where nothing is.

I just had 25+ on moderate-heavy

so what about Long War 2 would you change?
>for me:

I haven't felt rushed to the objective like many others have, but maybe a rework of timers? Maybe eliminating them entirely but having reinforcements continually drop in ala Avenger defense after concealment breaks? I dunno.

That and I'd certainly change the dodge mechanic to work in a better way or remove it entirely.

Also I haven't encountered many bugs/crashes but ironing those out can't hurt.

I just had 17 on Light, I don't think that chart's entirely accurate. Unless Preparedness also factors in somehow?

>Maybe eliminating them entirely but having reinforcements continually drop in ala Avenger defense after concealment breaks? I dunno.
It actually already does this. What needs to be changed is the frequency and composition of the pods so it still has that sense of urgency. According to that one user who went digging in the .ini you can do so, now its a question of who's going to actually do it and test it.

I don't think the numbers are 100% always accurate. There is a degree of magnificent RNG in terms of the final numbers.
At least thats what the guy who made that infographic seems to believe.

That's how longwar 1 worked, except instead of coil it was pulse lasers. Like regular beam weapons but with intermittent, short. high energy exposures to improve penetration.

I'm getting a bug were i can't take control of the prisoner VIP: tried to grenade him and cut LOS but it's not working, any console command to fix it?

You aren't playing ironman are you user?

puny light bulb gun is inferior to really fast boolet

Maybe this time I shouldn't push my luck

Whats the expiration time?

Magnetic weaponry is basically insanely fast projectiles.
I can definitely see them being more effective than wimpy early-level beam weaponry.

>mission expiring
>0% infiltrated
What the hell happened?

So in Long War, how precisely am I supposed to actually acquire an ADVENT Officer corpse? I don't seem to be able to pick up enemy bodies.

Must launch or abort. I literally dropped them off and got that message.

Hot

Post more bare midriff soldiers

You either need to get a non-evac mission (probably won't happen for a month or two), or you should do what I do and be a fag and get Extract Corpses mod that lets you carry dead bodies to evac.

yes, but i did a backup after opening the cell door and noticing that he had no action points while the other prisoner could move

1.0 is shit 1.1 when?

Gatecrasher as well as rooting out faceless collaborators both give you corpses.

Just because the technology involved seems more sci-fi, it doesn't necessarily mean the destructive power is greater. That said, I'd like it if the lasguns came with a small bonus to aim, as an abstraction of super accuracy.

Better wait till B15.

i think it's time for you to leave

What is the best part of Long War 2 and why is it the Squad management? It works so well with Realitymachinas notoriety and friend mods.

What do you mean by sense of urgency? The rubber-banding AI from Vanilla game?