/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, January 21th:
1525 – The Swiss Anabaptist Movement is founded when Conrad Grebel, Felix Manz, George Blaurock, and about a dozen others baptize each other in the home of Manz's mother in Zürich, breaking a thousand-year tradition of church-state union.
1774 – Abdul Hamid I became Sultan of the Ottoman Empire and Caliph of Islam.
1961 – Four hundred thirty-five workers are buried alive when a mine in Coalbrook, Free State, South Africa collapses.
>News
CK2 DD37 - Three Times Greater
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-dd-37-three-times-greater.994778/

EU4 - 17/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-17th-of-january-2017.994909/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/236850/discussions/0/620695877496121108/
mediafire.com/?9rx79pblmh03l38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

based

Alright, trying to decide what to do for my next megacampaign, give me some fun ideas.

My only rules are it has to be in Europe, and feudal.

any muslim in spain
form andalusia

gary's war in the east is a great srand strategy game

People you are why the holocaust happened

reposting for memes

Been playing Vic2 Ultimate for nostalgia sake, and it keeps crashing on January 5th, 1616. I checked the game log, and it gave me the following line repeated about a hundred times over the past week from that date:

[messagehandler.h:332]: 5 January, 1616: DECISIONOTHER_LOG

How do I fix this? What event do I delete?

What did he mean by this?

OK lads is this white and based or is the border awful so I should therefore just reload my save

fuck off and die you shitcunt
I'll pay you 100$ to NEVER EVER make a thread again, just give me your paypal

Reposting from old thread.

Yeah but both the swastika and the eagle have been associated for a long time with Germany and Italy, respectively.

Either way, works for me. Hope to see the neutral-focused American nationalist pack in the next version (v10? 9?)

>the holocaust happened

>.png

Why do you assholes even bother

Whats a good beginnner nation in vicky 2?

bomber harris if you see this plz increase the amount of provinces that get the baby boom event

>not forming Germany with Luxembourg sphered
>actually going through the trouble of reclaiming Neuchâtel with no plans of fully annexing Switzerland

Go full Hapsburg but instead of playing Hapsburgs play as the German-Slovene counts of Celeia.
Make Celje into the centre of Mitteleuropa.

Switch to Aragon and create a Mediterrean empire without ever uniting Spain

Switch to Novogord and beat the shit of Muscovy while remaining a Princely Republic

Spread Shia faith to the Maghreb as whoever (with the intent of colonizing America later on)

What is the ip for the /gsg/ zombie thing? Also when is the next rehost?

Prussia

Fuck off pajeet

we will restart as the host changes the mod a bit

Also increase the migration push of provinces with outbreaks.

>someone besides R&I makes thread early
>gets banned and thread deleted
>R&I makes thread early
>nothing happens
That's it. I'm posting WitW and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me.

I have sphered Luxembourg, you get events for it after forming Germany. And the whole point of the Neuchatel meme is that you don't take the rest of Switzerland

And colonies in Africa should be able to get outbreaks too, they had constant contact with the Europeans afterall.

really? what should i do?

Horde coops are fun.

Just wrapped up a Yeren-Jianzhou/Manchu-Oirat game.

We've had some horde coops before and imo it's more fun if everyone stays in the old world since it felt more like singlepalyer when I left for america this game. More fun when you can reinforce eachother and maneuver together rather than sending 4000 gold one way or another.
The end when we were fighting in europe together was more fun.

If you are a few people it can be useful and fun to have a merchant republic if anyone likes that playstyle. Alters your expanding a bit since you want to save trade power provinces for the merchant republic.

India-Indochina is fun for hre-lite

So is the MP coming back today or just tomorrow?

Update: Ragusa became the birthplace of Reformed and the Balkans are faltering. I expect nothing to be Catholic in 20 years. Can Rome even get converted by this crap?

I think rarely it can

Belgium, that's why they use it in the tutorial

Well if it can happen I'm sure it will.

It's happening right now

You may find this infuriating or cathartic: steamcommunity.com/app/236850/discussions/0/620695877496121108/

So I can't marry anyone anymore in my game

I inherited a holy order, is that fucking me?

And why did no one chill about it?

Honestly, at that point it'd just be so ridiculously retarded I couldn't even be mad.

I used to hate EU III's Reformation but shit, I'd kill for it now.

Bumping because I need help.

Yes. Can't be part of a Holy Order (even the leader) and also be married. Can you take seduction and just impregnate some random bitches?

I'll try to have it done for V10, but can't be 100% sure I will. For flags of that magnitud I tend towards perfectionism.

I just took a concubine and fucked her

pls crash

It isn't on, trying to make my mod slightly less bad now

Increased it to 4 and made the capital always get it
Done, before it had none. Now you can also take a decision as a zombie free country without residency to get an immigration bonus for a bit
Already talked about this one, I plan to give Africa a specific zombie outbreak in the 1880s, before then it won't happen

>Now
I'm pretty sure I got a decision like that in the 1840s
t. 4u

What are the non-Imperial paths for Russia like in KR? Thinking about going NatPop or Commie Russia for the next game.

This explains a lot.

I actually added it before, but was only able to be taken by secondary powers, so I fixed that. I thought everyone was a GP by the time it was around and I could have gotten away with saying I just added it.

bomber harris plz fix

Ok /gsg/, so how would i go about making a language?

>make alphabet or use existing one
>make up pronunciation rules
>make up words
>make up grammar system

>make up
>make up
>make up
>make up
It's not that simple user, it has to be realistic

Holy shit. I think Ill limit the core removal to only provinces without majority primary culture, that looks disgusting

>It's not that simple user
Tolkein did it. Star Trek did it.

White.

But i'm not Tolkien

as someone who came back to playing this game after a year or so i find it's a lot less bad than it used to be
i remember a co-op game as austria + random HRE country where we desperately tried to keep everyone catholic and despite never losing a war and constantly shuffling about armies to stop religious rebels we still only had 2 viable electors left

Nigga why are you asking us?

Because I always lurk here and most people here are autistic. It would also be pretty fun to RP with a new language and shit i guess.

Is it a time for a proper ragequit?

>Try to reach west for getting instutions faster.
>Meanwhile colonize and make your economy stronger.
>Improve relations with almost everyone, none of them look interested in it.
>Muscovy's merchant's are not in your range so you can't become a protectorate of Muscovy.
>Muscovy and Ottomans are allies.
Really all I wanted was trying the new game mechanics after patches and having a comfy game in Tengrist Siberia.

Harris here, about 5 more minutes and the new version of Zombiemod will be released

k?

>Try to reach west for getting instutions faster.
Retard
Just "develop" your igloo.

I don't believe you.

Lads. I played Iron Man EU4 and was trying to get the entire Roman Empire back as Byzantium. I had managed a fair bit of land and then it hit 1821 and the scoreboard.

But I couldn't continue after 1821 when I was told I could. I don't think I can capture the entire Roman Empire in one Iron Man game and enact the Decision to reform it.

Interestingly enough, I apparently unlocked the achievement for doing so, yet I hadn't captured Spain or all of France or Britain yet.

Either way, how do I go beyond 1821 in Iron Man mode? Like there is an achievement to control the entire planet as one country, I don't think that's achievable from 1444 to 1821.

Fuck I made up 2 entire languages and alphabets for a D&D campaign I ran several years ago, but I almost completely forgot all about it.
This should be a ~ 1:1 latin-fantasy script written in pseudo-spanish-latin

Why wouldn't you use the Latin Alphabet

>alphabets
You guys are entry level, my version had a syllable-based pronunciation guide but was written entirely in pseudokanji

>I don't think I can capture the entire Roman Empire in one Iron Man game
People do it as Kuba.

I never understood what you're suppose to do in this game. I heard you don't get institutions at all, you just spend all your power on making your provs insanely high in the 3 areas.

How does that work? What's the tactic?

I've not followed any of these 'tactics', I just play.

I spent almost all my adm, dip and mil powers for that shit, even though it makes the process faster, still not enough for catching up.

Where should I ask btw
The Latin Alphabet is white and based, anything else is barbarian-tier

>The Latin Alphabet is white and based, anything else is barbarian-tier
>I'm going to make up a language but I'm going to use the letters, grammar, etc. I already know
Nah.

You can get the entire Roman Empire as Cuba? In an iron Man game? Before 1821? I didn't think Cuba existed.

Or did you mean take over the world? I don't see how anybody can control everything on the planet in the time period you've given.

Like the Ryuku achievement, I don't see how you control the entire planet in 400 years.

How can I be most helpful. I have 4 Corps. with 4 divisions in each, each division has 2 Infantry 1 Anti-tank and 1 Arty. I have the starting transport fleet and 3 Heavy Cruisers, and 1 Destroyer. I also have 1 Multi-Role Fighter but I can get one more before the war starts. I was thinking that I could land my Divisions in Sicily, or help in North Africa.

Which China path is the most fleshed out in KR? AoG into Republic of China, or the Qing?

Developing province increases institutions presence in said province.

Because I dont expect players to be linguistics majors and be able to decode entire syllabaries on the fly.
I also did a syllable-based language, but that won't fly in a casual D&D game

Is there any way for a character that's out of your diplomatic reach to be invited back to your court? One of my vassals - my best and only friend Boss Crusha - was taken over by an ambitious fellow vassal and banished to the other side of the world.

Well, the thing is, I wanted to make a language for a Latin Britain where the Romans didn't get fucked by Anglo-saxons and all of that shit, so they would use a Latin Alphabet and be similar to the other Romance languages

The first thing I read was "po dindu fo aupud lquluq lupoonefp"

Sounds like nigger eskimos tb h

>Because I dont expect players to be linguistics majors and be able to decode entire syllabaries on the fly.
Oh you made them decode it? I just used it to provide some flavor to my players by writing city names in them but giving them normal names too.

So no need to expand to get the Western contact, just improve your shit?

Here's a key

Alright, sorry for the wait, something kept crashing in the last test, but I fixed it

mediafire.com/?9rx79pblmh03l38

Zombiemod v.02

Now features:
-Suspending constitutions
-Events tweaked
-Other boring stuff

I bashed sum 'eads an got 'is tribe back

change to someone closer, console friend, invite, repeat until its you whos doing it.

Sim use this one on the rehost, don't use the old save

Nice
Sim pls host

But me zoggin' shouta can't yell loud enuff for 'im ta 'ear me

kek
Yeah basically, when they travelled to the far south-west they had to deal with a foreign language and script.
If I remeber correctly is actually a worthless script on how the city council introduced new sausage production regulations after a butcher was found cheating by using too much fat.

map of where 'e 'is

>Yeah basically, when they travelled to the far south-west they had to deal with a foreign language and script.
I'm guessing a low-powerlevel campaign? Tongues is not a high level spell.

I love /gstg/

Can't find a Ironman + Achievement compatible extended game timeline.

That's because they change the defines.lua file which goes into the checksum

is it ever worth it to encourage immigration?