I've thought about having Alfa Romeo 156 JTS as my first car. Its not too expensive and it seems alright...

I've thought about having Alfa Romeo 156 JTS as my first car. Its not too expensive and it seems alright, is it O K or should I kill myself

Other urls found in this thread:

italiaspeed.com/2006/cars/alfa_romeo/01/busso/2601.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why not the 159? There's a few cheap ones about.

well on the local websites I've seen the 159's are far more expensive than the 156's, but would it be worth it to save up a bit?

That must be equivalent to some ole Buick or Pontiac or Oldsmobile here in the states. I mean, to my eye it's like OH COOL AN ALFA ROMEO. But inside, it's actually terrible?

A close friend of mine had one for quite some time.
It's gorgeous to look at and an amazing drive but if you buy one be sure not to buy cheap.
Reliability is an issue and usually owners have a reason to sell their cars for cheap.

I'd personally go for the 159 because I think it looks nicer and reliability improves a great deal.
Just don't buy any Alfa on a budget.
It's gonna bite you in the ass.

Which JTS? the 3.2 is good, the 1.8-2.0 are just twin spark motors with direct injection, do not buy them. If you can get the v6 with indirect injection or 1.9 diesel.

kys yourself

thanks for the info boys
ok

I own a 2003 156 JTS Veloce and it's been great for the past 2 years that I've owned it.
It handles very well with a mild tendency for lift off over steer that's very manageable.
The main downside is the fuel consumption. Don't expect more than 32mpg-ish and only fill it with Shell V-Power other wise it runs like dog shit.
Check under the drivers seat area on the under body for rust but otherwise a solid car.

thanks, I'm writing all this down.

Another point is the brakes, if they seem soft and no ammount of bleeding the normal way sorts them you need to hook the car up to a laptop running multiecuscan to open the abs purge valves.
Just a note from a recent brake job I did.

>the 3.2 is good
let's buy an Alfa Romeo with literally an australian engine
the 3.2 is pure SHIT, do not listen him OP

I really hope for you that this is a (bad) joke

The 159 was the first Alfa to get a GM engine, the old Alfa V6 found in the 156 is based as fuck.

go to be american somewhere else

italiaspeed.com/2006/cars/alfa_romeo/01/busso/2601.html

BE FUCKING SORRY

>top banter 2017

I'm talking about 159's 3.2

what if I shit in your mouth?

>I'm talking about 159's 3.2

Nobody here is talking about the 159 you fucking autistic, you even quoted another user speaking about his own 156.

Jesus christ, go away.

Stop thinking and buy a civic for 3k. Prevents stupid decisions like buying an old alfa.

what if I shit in your mouth?

How? You can't leave your basement.

intelligent post
go back to /b/ child

open your mouths

but i want to be unique