The fact that old dudes that had Chevelle's, Charger's, Nova's, Cougar's, Baracuda's, etc etc

Baby boomers, some had some nice cars in there days, pretty much all have modern pickup trucks these day, and I think that says a lot. They sure get bashed on here, but man, have you driven one lately? Old boss, who is a car collector, has a Oldsmobile 442 in the garage, and all kinds of GM's and Mopar's over the years, rocks new GMC Sierra. After driving my brother's Ram with the 5.7L, lifted, with 4.10 gears... holy shit it's fast, despite being so big and heavy, and turning big ass tires. Comfy as fuck, and the weight, well I honestly think the weight keeps the truck planted better. You can take turns WAY faster than you would think you can. Brother also pulls a toy hauler and camping gear in the fall/winter, and a boat in the summer. Pickups are the ultimate vehicle to own.

Really though, a modern pony car costs a whole lot, and isn't a versatile vehicle. The Japanese sporty cars, cheaper and more versatile, provide barely any more excitement than econoboxes. But trucks these days can be had in mid $20k, and have 380+ hp, and THROW YOU back in the seat on launch. maintain 75 mph at basically idle RPM, and can go off road on simple trails no problem. Fuel economy isn't that bad anymore. Why all the hate from car enthusiasts?

and the aesthetics

Lot's of Expresses in my area

yeah no

ugly outside
ugly inside
ride like shit
makes you look like a faggot unless you use it properly
cant turn worth a shit
slow
shit mpg
weight a lot

this is probably just a bait thread or you are just really ignorant

>buy most basic XL reg. cab.
>basic 3.5L V6
>4x4 only option
>remove silly bumpers, replace with fabricated off road style bumpers
>win

>trucks
>ugly

Get out of here homo

projecting much truckfag?

Projecting just because I called you a homo? Kek

what's curb weight on the new aluminum F-150s? Any bad things about them? Chevy talks a lot of shit about them in ads.

they cant go into a car wash without suffering thousands of dollars worth of damage

The Rams look good outside. The rest are too square, I agree.
The basic work trucks are ugly inside. A Denali, LTZ, Lariat & Laramie are the leather seat & leather dash editions, Platinum, and Limiteds are all pretty badass inside. Yeah, a luxury truck is lame to plebs, but when $ isn't an issue, they're the ones to get.
Ride smooth and comfy as fuck.
Trucks make all the girls hot and bothered
Can hoon in mountain roads WAY above speed limits, Okay maybe not as fast as your AE86 or Miata, sorry about that
They throw you back in the seat like no ones business. 0-30 is fast as fuck. And they have the power to get around whatever shitbox is slowing them down, that's why truck drivers seem aggressive. When you have >300ft.lbs of torque at 1,200 RPM, you tend to drive faster than sports cars.
Decent MPG these days
Weight is good for traction

Oh yeah and off roading, camping, hauling gear for /k/ and /out/ stuff, pull your ATV or Jet ski or dirt bikes, haul materials for remodeling your house, or your rental houses

Trucks are baller as fuck

The top of the line ones are very nice inside, but even the common XLT, SLT ones are very nice these days. They're not like your grandpa's old truck at all.

DESU the only reason they buy pick-ups is because they're comfortable and they're easy on old man arthritis. It's a lot easier to step up into a pick-up than it is to duck into a sports car when you have joint issues.

source: my dad and step-dad own pick-ups, and they've told me this exact reason.

>T B H is autocorrecting to DESU now.

This, my 2009 Silverado with the base trim pkg + power windows and mirrors actually looks pretty nice inside. I'm really impressed with the design & quality of the cloth seats.

>now

Fuck off newshit

Where have you been for the past year?

dude no

youre delusional

>now

its been like that for fucking ever now newfag

dude what do you drive?

dude why do you want irrelevant info

I'm just assuming some cliche car that's a "sports car" to 16 year old girls. Now get the fuck out of my thread

>what is insurance

This is the problem with new trucks. You get the fags who "need" a big vehicle and are tired of their crossover/SUV. They get in a truck and love it because it has 4 doors and a lot of power. They ride a lot better than they did 15 years ago and there's plenty of room for the chilluns, why not buy one?

So now you got these people who buy these trucks and just hotrod them everywhere. Flooring it from light to light, tailgating the fuck out of you even if you're going over the speed limit, and having a contest to see how close they can get to your rear bumper at a red light. They try and intimidate anything smaller than them and they just generally drive like shit.

Not all truck owners are like this, just 90% of them are. The other 9% are old guys who know how to drive but they go really slowly. The other 1% is actual normal people.

Don't get me wrong, I love trucks. But most of the people who buy them are absolute cancer. I feel bad for all you southern fags, I can only imagine how much worse it is for you.

>never driven a trucc before
>form over function
>literally making up shit
Holy fugg talk about being ignorant

It does feel great to have so much low end torque. It's more like, using the brake pedal to control your acceleration than the gas pedal at low speeds. A little blip of the throttle and it launches.

It's a nice feeling. Complete opposite of a sub-2-liter 4 banger that has to wind up to 4,500 RPM to get actually get scooting how you want to.

>tfw cruising through town in my 2017 silverado
>tfw just enough mud on it to look badass, but not enough to look trashy
>tfw empty beercans in the box
>tfw they occasionally fly out and land on a carfags hood

honestly if i wasnt europoor and fuel wasnt so expensive id surely own a truck. Sometimes on my way to uni in my little fiat uno i encounter a dodge ram. Man that thing is HUGE.

Just wondering, does a 4.6L F-150 compared to the 5.3, 5.4, 5.7L behemoths? Thinking about getting 4.10 gears

Big trucks, little trucks, I like them all.

This. I'll admit that I drive a 4 door luxury cuck truck but with a long bed to fit my equipment. (Dunno why this isn't standard for all 4door trucks). Every once in a while I'll encounter some poser cuck in his lifted microdick mobile that strives to show his superiority over me because he's sitting higher than I am. Bothers me a little. If there's one bad thing I can think of regarding the southern communities, it's faggots with lifted trucks that always frowned upon for being the "Menace's" of society. I have yet to see a passive lifted truck owner.

>slammed truck

I know it's ghetto in some areas. But I appreciate a properly lowered truck, so long as the wheel design is a tasteful choice. Chrome is ghetto af to my eye. But there are some nice examples. S10s and Nissans were popular rigs to slam in the 90's. Even by white boys like me

>Reply to Thread No.16624498
would be better if tires had a liiiittle bit more rubber, but it's a good one.

The only time big wheels look good. For lifted, I like little 15" wheels and 33-35" rubber.

>tfw auto makers will no longer fit a luxury package in their single cab pickups like the good old days

Fugg I'm sad. I like trucks but I don't need a truck with crew cab, no one rides with me and the cab is so big that it takes up room from the bed/box.

I had a single cab work truck for awhile. It sucked. No room for tools or materials that I won't leave in the bed or fit in tool bins. Supercab/ Extended cab is the BEST configuration for a work truck, or personal vehicle.

The '76 Highboy probably my dream machine

extended is gay for getting anything in and out of the back bench, i think gm went to "double cab" which is extended but with 4 doors

>tfw no sexy work truck

extended cab long bed is best truck

Rural Texas here, everyone drives trucks here, seems like I encounter more assholes driving full size SUVs than I do in pickup trucks.

>white wall

The 4.6L is a good, reliable engine but it's noticeably weaker than the bigger V8's. If you're not hauling heavy loads with it and just driving it around town most of the time then it should be fine.

my dad has that exact truck. why is your brown?

>tfw Holy ghetto low rider batman

because thats what the person who most likely bought the truck new got it in
They also installed these comfy as fuck aftermarket seats.

but i dont know a whole lot of shit about it since i got it out of a barn for free

oh man like a comfy couch. bitchin'