Just got an 07 Silverado 1500 LT with z721, 4.8 and pretty loaded on the inside, auto climate, etc. No leather...

Just got an 07 Silverado 1500 LT with z721, 4.8 and pretty loaded on the inside, auto climate, etc. No leather. Not a fan of no screen/bluetooth but that's an easy fix. 102k miles. Paid 14. No rust that I can really find. How did I do?

My first truck in years and I'm pretty excited to do some stuff to it. Ie level, bigger tires, etc.

Pic related

Nice truck, but isn't it a little expensive?

Cool. Too bad it's not a 6.0

>4.8

Ya blew it.

They're still good for 700 horse easy.

but its a
>4.8
not the god tier
>5.3

It's a fine engine even the 4.6l Triton is enough in a 4 door truck if you don't tow really heavy things

>4.8
>100k miles
>10k dollars

U wot? Should have at least gotten the 5.3. I hope it's 4wd.

Sounds alright. We got the previous gen Z71 with the 5.3, heated leather seats, Bose system for $11k

>5.3
>God tier

Lel. Clearly you've never driven anything with a 6.0 in it. I've heard the 8.1 is even better but I have no experience with it.

>god tier

>when the ls7 exists

(You) blew it.

I've driven a H2, slower than a 4 cylinder minivan

why are driving over the neighbor's lawn?

That 4 cylinder minivan is still faster than your frs

Cry more

>4.8

>z71
>hope it's at least 4wd

>dropped valves LS7
Kek. It's ok but will never reach 5.3 teir
>6.0
good motor for HD truck. 8.1 is gods gift to trucks. Probably best HD gas motor ever. I've driven an 03 with it and it pulls like a train.

Seems really high there bud...I bought an 05 Ext cab 2wd with 210kms (about 170k miles) for 2000, though it needs work...

Most reliable motor desu, not much difference between that and the 5.3

Are you fucking blind? It clearly says "4x4" on the bed

OP here, it's in near perfect shape, 4wd with the off road package, g80 rear end, with all the interior creature comforts I felt 14 was an okay talk down considering the kike wanted 15.5

4wd z71s usually have a boomer tax

What makes a z71 so special over a normal 4wd?

>turbo ls

Holy fuck, weve got a badass over here.

Like mods or why boomer charge up the ass for it
>Better shocks
>skid plates
>lockers
>tires
>cosmetic stuff

I dunno why boomers throw a tax

Fair enough...

14k and you didn't even get the good engine? Laughingwhores.jpg

14k is a touch high but it's better than spending that much on a 20 year old Toyota with massive fender flares and a bad lift.

decent choice

Im personally not a fan of the second gens because GM really cheaped out on them. literally bankrupcymobiles.

First gens with the 5.3 or 6.0 though..

>and the 6.6 duramax

hnnng.

I'm still eyeing my uncles 05' Z71 1500. Victory red, crew cab, beige leather.

Major rip kys

lol, Veeky Forums is funny.

The 4.8/5.3 are the same shit. 5.3 would have been nicer in a truck with the little extra displacement but ultimately a moot point.

Bit expensive for it though, you can get a clean 6.0 truck in my area for under 10.

tfw you dd an international 4600 HDT. kek. 1 ton trucks are tinker toys.

Instead of $1 shocks it has $8 shocks. Also has big stickers that say "ZR1". That is literally it.

I had an 06 Chevy 1500. What an absolute hunk of stone-age shit it was. Have a newer Tundra now and cannot understand why anyone who has driven both could possible choose the Chevy. The Tundra is better in every imaginable way.

And this guy DDs a mom Tahoe with a bed on it. I have to go up farm roads sometimes in blizzards every day for wor. Plus I haul a diesel Lincoln Ranger, a tandem axle trailer with a 500 gallon water tank and a UTV. This truck does fine but it's really the minimum I can use. My wife has a Denali Sierra 1500 kind of like OP and that works fine for her.

>I dunno why boomers throw a tax
Because they grew up in a generation that handed everything to them and never really had to learn the true value of a dollar, thus they think that because they all got loaded doing fuck all, the rest of us have, too.

Definitely over paid.

>doesn't even have the L5P
step up

You did gud. Would be better if it was a single cab, but a lift should make up for it's longer wheelbase

Also
>4.8
GodTier. I don't know why, but I get a boner for these

>Ie level, bigger tires, etc.
Why do people always feel the need to do this shit with their trucks. To each their own, but still.

OP here. Level, not lift, because it's slanted forward like a 2wd work Truck and if will look a little benter. Bigger, grippier tires so I do better in the snow, mud, land anything. Else non pavement. Also a few additions such as a touch screen, maybe blackout the badges for general comfort and to make it look a little better. I guess the same reason people do stuff to their cars. I'm not talking about going complete little dick with it

>it's slanted forward like a 2wd work Truck
The slant is so that if you actually put some weight in the bed or attach a trailer to it, your rear bumper has some room to sag down. Can't argue against the tires if you really need them and the other touches are just personal preference I guess. Do what ya want.

I know why it's slanted, but it also doesn't have a vagina suspension, and the most important going to be towing regularly is a trailer full of quads, not 10,000 pounds of freedom

The most it's going*

Do you know what the difference is between the 4.8 and 5.3?
The crankshaft and the pistons. Everything else is identical. Even the block, cylinder heads, cam, etcs, is interchangeable.

>trailer full of quads
Yea, you'll be fine then. I'm always hesitant to change things from stock.