Are there any books about driving techniques that you would recommend?

Are there any books about driving techniques that you would recommend?
I mean stuff like left foot braking, over-/understeer corrections, scandinavian flick, etc.

Pic might be related, haven't read it yet

Other urls found in this thread:

archive-host.com/files/1259910/00719d2040a9f513dc97c6d83eaa410d67271252/Apex_-_Le_Magazine_Exclusif_de_Gran_Turismo_5_-_Complet.pdf
amazon.com/Going-Faster-Mastering-Race-Driving/dp/0837602262
mega.nz#!BVRDBQBB!Ly6_y_aPHuZLWXrDUYL3mJFVoC1nxAKcaKNRWrDe640
gtplanet.net/forum/threads/beyond-the-apex-official-gt6-app-for-ios-book-available-in-pdf.314432/page-7#post-9942745
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>productive, thought-provoking subjects

inb4 404s with 2 replies

>the second reply, now off to 404

go to a driving school. not much a book can teach you without seat time to go along with it.

>thread dropped like a rock after 4 replies

Predictable.

no shit, most of Veeky Forums drives out of control in their shitboxes on backroads and plays forza, and that's the extent of their driving experience

that's how you end up with tripfags like pic related

Fucking awful driving.

>that fucking inability to feel the back end coming out

>that fucking inability to drive
ftfy

>that inability to finally die
ftfy

The one thing he did wrong/right. He should've gone off the cliff. He really deserved to.

which one is this

mrcummy

Goddamn that was retarded

jesus christ
he's literally the only tripfag I have filtered
i can deal with most peoples stupid shit but his retardation is truly a step above
good to know I have good judgement in never going to a socal meet in case this dumbass shows up and takes someone elses car with him down a cliff

yeah i havent posted here in like 2 years so i have no idea who he was, but that webm tells me all i need to know

i also avoid norcal meets, good idea since apparently like 3 people totaled their cars at the last one

>mfw i happened to run into one of the first norcal Veeky Forums meets at sonoma raceway
>mfw i totally ignored them because didn't wanna get bothered by autists or crashed into

piggybacking on this anyone have a pdf of race car vehicle dynamics

a good scan that is. i have a shite black and white one

Two guys crashed at separate keys but it was months ago.
We kicked them out anyway

I like how, as the back slides out, he panics and turns the wheel like two rotations counter instead of a little

He probably would've been safer to just slam the brakes and do nothing at that point. Better to hit the side of the hill than risk going off of it and totalling fucking everything, etc.

But instead he panicked like a little girl and counter-steered way too fucking much.

Back on topic here, any other book recommendations on driving technique so one doesn't end up like ?

Separate meets*

Seat time. On a track or empty parking lot or anywhere you can safely spin out. Dirt driving would help a lot.
You have to feel and pass the edge multiple times before you can learn to control it when it happens,
You have to blow through a braking zone before you know where the limit is as an analogy.

The more you do it the more you feel it. Most of it is preemptive before something even starts to happen. I'll precounter steer or unshift weight before a crest or something, or preload instinctively without even thinking about it. It becomes second nature. You should be driving ahead of the car just like you look at where you want to go not where you're going.

A book can teach you lines, race craft, maximizing lap times, why you should left foot brake, etc but not control. u have to go do that in a safe environment. this is why canyontards will never be fast.

again dirt driving is a really good source. dirt driving is all ahead of the car and everything happens slower and exaggerated.
I've never read any books, but i have 20 years of track time at this point. i'm sure they are all similar so pick any of them.

i mean a book can tell you WHY you dont let off the throttle when you oversteer, but it cant stop you from panicking or tell you what it feels like.

This user is right, seat time is king. Find a place with open area and use cones etc to simulate a turn. You'll be able to 'blow' that corner without the consequences of a solid object or something. You already know a lotof the techniques because you've named them.

Past that, hit your local SCCA or NASA sanctioned AutoX event, then look for things like NASA's HPDE programs, it has tiers you advance through and the highest one opens you for a baseline competitive class (time trails) where you can work towards a competitive license.

And there's nothing wrong with learning to master your local go-kart track if that's all your budget will allow.

technically if you got lucky doing this shit in the canyons without crashing it would be the same

dagumi never drove on a fucking track

Yeah and this is why these kind of subjects aren't popular on Veeky Forums: because it actually involves getting gud instead of posturing.

You have Gran Turismo's books that were released with the limited edition of GT5 and GT6 that are great IMHO.
GT5 is "APEX : ultimate car guide"
GT6 is "beyond the apex"

If anyone know where to find pdf for them i'm interersted.

Wow, didn't know Gran Turismo actually published books.

>because it actually involves getting gud instead of posturing.
But that's why places like here are full of teens using attitude and ad hominem to "win" arguments instead of dealing with facts and logic.

Can't find these books anywhere online.

Anyone has a link maybe?

2nding for the link, got me interested what is actually in it

>forcibly showing me the stig's face by making it the thumbnail
Dammit boy

Oh man

The book for GT4 was pretty based too.

I found it in French but I don't know if it'll interest you, can't do torrent search at work
archive-host.com/files/1259910/00719d2040a9f513dc97c6d83eaa410d67271252/Apex_-_Le_Magazine_Exclusif_de_Gran_Turismo_5_-_Complet.pdf

Tried searching for torrent but i'm on my phone so no bueno
Well at least I'll get the general idea of the book

You're being memed on in the norcal threads user

Damn it's actually really interesting, I guess it's time to visit /r/ or pray someone posts Anglais version

I hope someone have the GT4 and GT6 versions aswell, I only knew about the GT5 one

I had (maybe still have) a physical copy of 4. It was the prima strategy guide but more than half of it was about car specifications and driving techniques.

amazon.com/Going-Faster-Mastering-Race-Driving/dp/0837602262

Surprised nobody mentioned this

Don't spend money on books, watch Youtube tutorials. Visual learning is much, much faster.

finding the GT6 version was easy but its like a GT5 english quality version just doesnt exist
I even put up a thread on /r/ so let's hope someone has more luck than I do

woops

Cross-board links need three >>>s

Here's the one for GT6. No password on the rar.
mega.nz#!BVRDBQBB!Ly6_y_aPHuZLWXrDUYL3mJFVoC1nxAKcaKNRWrDe640

And in other languages:
gtplanet.net/forum/threads/beyond-the-apex-official-gt6-app-for-ios-book-available-in-pdf.314432/page-7#post-9942745

Yeah that's what I meant when I said GT6 is the easy one

Over correcting like a soccer mom