/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv (embed)
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM (embed)
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7 (embed)

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a possible fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/warfare-0181/page/64#comments
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/rpg7-mod-for-ao-31
docs.google.com/document/d/1dC5nHdXEJyj8EPfjBe6cqWjo_ak5_QRbi0zkJr0wNds/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=wtyKEE-hQEI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA (embed)
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread

Just got back from raiding x-16 and an artifact run around Yantar in CoCk. Picked up the bernelli military suit in x-16 but I currently have an eco guard suit I bought a while ago from sakhrov since the standard military suit is shit. They roughly have the same stats, but as military I feel it would be cheap to use non-military suits but the 2 artifact slots on the eco guard suit just seem to good to pass up. What should I use before upgrading to military exofagging? Also if I'm not playing in story mode, is there any use to the x-16 documents like selling them or should I just trash them

Isn't it just taken from someplace else? Looks like it might've been Jill's model from the RE5 DLC or something.

warfare updated to 1.4.22 when????

NEVER

Lonely fag here.
WHY there are no companions in Call of Memery?
I have noone to squat with.

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/warfare-0181/page/64#comments

He's still floating around, hopefully his new work hours pan out.

Is there a way to change factions in vanilla CoC?

>Garbage is all of a sudden a huge fucking hotbed for firefights

I've been like 30 hours on this playthrough and haven't even made it past the Brain Scorcher yet, this shit is insane

You can get someone to join your group if they are marked as a "Friend" to you.
Raise your reputation, help someone if they're downed and do their missions.
It's hard do make someone friendly too you though.

Thanks stalker.

azazel mode. You die you takeover a random NPC anywhere in the zone ranging from rookie loners with pistols to monolith exofags with SVDs

RPG7 MOD FOR STCOP WHEN
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/rpg7-mod-for-ao-31

I dragged cancer with that pic
now I will become wormfood

Okay, fair enough. But I meant within one character, like the way Questlines has it where you can do a mission/pay to change to a friendly faction.

In vanilla CoC you can't change your faction.
Other than maybe become a zombie in certain ending.

Really makes you think...

you can though,

gamedata\configs\axr_options.ltx

say i want to change faction to Duty.
exit game, open that file
put
new_game_faction = dolg

load my save, and i'm duty now

no. not really. it's an "official" call of misery port

>Enter Wild territory for the first time in CoM
>Expect pain after getting bullied by Garbage bandits
>No one's there
>No mercs, no bandits, no mutants halfway in

The fact that there's no one there to spook me is spooking me all the more.

Do you really expect Russian modders to make their own content? Everything's mostly "ported".

I was thinking about it in game realities.
Surely you can do a lot with configs, thanks.

>"official" call of misery port
What's the point? What can they do what CoM hasn't done?

Which is funny, considering a year ago alundaio would respond to queries regarding future Misery/CoC ports as if you'd flung salt into his eyes and insulted his mother.

The only real benefit would be more addons from the english community.. hopefully.

That or some way to easily configure the mod, idk what else they could really add to it in terms of features.

Gunslinger's dev is Russian, he has done shit GSC said was impossible.
All of his animations, models and textures and scripts is custom made aswell.

No ruski botnet, tovarish. Obligatory:

>)))

Hence "mostly", there are always exceptions.

Can you reform the sentence without the memes, please?

What famous Russian mods do you know?
.t slav

Yeah, an english-based official version would help immensely. I'm surprised it was the CoC team that took up the mantle though, would have figured the Misery team would do it first since they've said CoC was the future of the mod past 2.2 anyway.

Classes, for instance.

you think it's a good thing to have them in ~33maps sandbox where you can select any faction out of 9?

If they can get the class concept function running via open xray trickery that doesn't involve overwriting half the gameplay folder, it would be amazing.

If the classes were made the same way they're done in misery they would break alot of stuff.
If Alun make his own class system it would be just that, a class system.
Might as well implement skills and other RPG elements while he's at it.

>implement skills and other RPG elements while he's at it

Wasn't he actually dabbling with this at one point ages ago?

Classes would be unnecessary in CoC, IMO.
Better to have some small starting perks.
E.g "Slav Tendons" for Bandits. Allows you to squat 34,5% more efficiently.

>Might as well implement skills and other RPG elements while he's at it.

Honestly i wouldn't mind something like that, if it's done right.

The good ones or the shit ones? If it's the latter:
OGSE, Solyanka, REBORN, etc.

hah, no

CoC can do this shit already, m8. Survival, hardcore AI accuracy and other options on start are the best examples how you do it.

Just any. There's just a simple language barrier hence slavs can enjoy their own mods, but others not so much.
Heard about LWOD, Secret Trails, Spatial Anomaly?

Sweet. I'm woefully ignorant on just how much of CoC's neat odds and ends is "this was impossible in CoP" as opposed to "this was possible but the slavs didn't care".

Misery could do hardcore Ai aim too. Also infinite UPD charge, infinite NPC ammo and others.
Classes are different.

It's not CoC, anyway. Semi-official Misery port (it will be fully official when MDT will finally respond) with all stuff Misery is notable for. Probably with more balanced economy and stuff.

is call of misery more similar to misery or call of chernobyl?

i would love to play misery in an opening setting of every single map with ongoing faction fuckery and a questline or 2

was wondering because it seems misery has an updated combat/shooting system, and the particles in misery (hit impacts, bullet sparks) seem like real life where there are sparks that bounce around and are very visually striking from any distance, and gun smoke/dust that kicks up after shooting for a while

>OGSE
Man, it started so well. It was just Vanilla+. Great features, but nothing over the top. And then... Skeletons. Why?

yeah, by the end of the day we're gonna have 3 CoMs
one by the drunk slav
one by the pissy american
and the last one by the polish dude with mustache

It's CoC maps with Misery gameplay.

You don't understand. What I am telling that you can load different configs at the start of the game without need of manually replacing them, or reinstalling the mod.

CoC can pull out much more, than you expect.

I'd say it's more simillar to CoC by its nature
in the original misery you have more polished and linear progression on 3 maps with static quests

I bet Rainfords sour ass will abandon CoM if Alundaio and the team will make CoC Dark really good.

Where are mutated sneks in the Zone?
I could imagine some anaconda-sized ones digesting Flesh and having an indistinguishable camouflage.

I have a hard time imagining the CoC team version wouldn't win that brawl in short order. MDT is comically dysfunctional and the russkie working on CoM would be probably happy someone's making a proper version.

What are those gentlemen doing to this young lady in urban camo? They seems to be experiencing a joy.

it's a matter when slav is going to make translation
the faster he does that, the more non-slav audience he will gather
>making a proper version.
explain
what difference it's going to have other than "official" in its name

>Heard about LWOD, Secret Trails, Spatial Anomaly?
I did and have actually played them, also FOTOGRAF. Nothing against the decent and creative stuff, really.

>Man, it started so well. It was just Vanilla+. Great features, but nothing over the top. And then... Skeletons. Why?
The usual quantity over quality type of mentality, I bet.

I figure that a CoC team version would be updated and expanded upon in synergy with CoC itself.

Conversely, CoM is (as I understand it) purely a port job, and once it was as bug-free as possible and feature complete to 2.1.1, that's it, nothing further.

I love attempts of modders to add more RPG elements to SNORKER.

Shoker mod for Clear sky was my favorite, but then it was abandoned.

Perks would be so good, especially if they wasn't PERCENTAGE HELL and actually did some cool stuff.

Or, for example, adding some really cool quests that could change how Zone works. In my wicked mind it looks like this — Sakharov gives you a quest to do some shit in X18, you go there, something terrible happens and all dangerous mutants suddenly double the population.

Snork, burer attacks on bar. That would be neat.

Also, something triggering full scale Monolith advance would be nice too. Imagine Monolith pushing and trying to capture every hole.

Liberating her.

>Conversely, CoM is (as I understand it) purely a port job
not at all. if it was solely a port job, it wouldn't have had DX0's questlines/desolation, OGR and other things integrated into it.
furthermore, after the slav is done with 1.0d (I suppose it will be the last one for this branch before 2.2), he's going to do some stand-alone project where he will add whatever he want to.
there's already a list of features he has in plan; it includes new slots, raindrops on hud and other stuff that requires engine editing.

I see. I hadn't looked at it since the very first release and I only ever heard since that it was merely a crude but effective text edit and copy/paste job and not much else. Good on him.

>Perks would be so good, especially if they wasn't PERCENTAGE HELL and actually did some cool stuff.
I had a small idea how you could make artifacts display information about their properties from very low to very high (without using any numbers or percentage). And if you wanted to know the exact numbers of certain artifact, you'd have to have it analyzed by scientists.
>Also, something triggering full scale Monolith advance would be nice too. Imagine Monolith pushing and trying to capture every hole.
That's actually neat, good idea. Sounds achievable with something like Warfare in mind.

I found a brand new TOZ-34 on a body in CoM.
What could that mean?

Also can i make Duty hostile to me by doing Freedom's missions and killing Duty squads while i'm at it? Should i stay away from Duty/Freedom missions if i want to keep them both neutral to me?

prepare your google translate and check out the fourth page: docs.google.com/document/d/1dC5nHdXEJyj8EPfjBe6cqWjo_ak5_QRbi0zkJr0wNds/edit

it's a bug
you're a slav and not tracking this? the second question would probably have the same answer for CoC too
I don't know how dynamic vanilla relationships are to player

>won't be released soon
COME THE FUCK ON I NEED MY STCOP 2.9

what does STCoP even mean?

stalker call of pripyat

Should i sell Thermite Grenades or are they op?
Should i sell any mine-like explosives or can i use them to kill someone without making them hostile?

He's added features not in CoC to CoM. He's doing work beyond either CoC or Misery. Read the dev doc he had posted and the videos shared here threads ago, don't just speculate

>Hobo phase will be real again I hope
Based

Not a competition I think. CoC team seem intent on harder gameplay as an option, not Misery port. MDT will do jack and shit, they can't release anything anymore. CoM dude seems to be heading in his own direction with CoM 1.0 just a starting point.

In other words, looks like we'll have CoM 1.0x as bugfixed Misery port, Dark mode in CoC as harder gameplay mod, and whatever Rainford makes out of the CoM base.

"Official" Misery port is irrelevant with CoM out there and maintained by russkies who can actually release code often.

I recently started playing CoC with AO after beating all vanilla Stalkers, and while CoC is an amazing mod, there are 2 things that kinda makes it less fun from me
First would be lack of a fast travel system like in CS and CoP. It was a sweet spot between not breaking immersion and saving the player some tedium.
Second would be a lack of interesting quests or some story mode, even a small scale one. I don't really want to play the questline from SoC again, especially that it would make a lot less sense in CoC.
Are there good mods for that?
>imagine your own purpose and quest
It doesn't really work for me

to fix your first issue, there's mod for fast travel
as for quests, there's nothing really better than Questlines by DoctorX for non-slav audience

Storymode gives you a checklist of places to visit / stuff to retrieve. It's something at least. Fast Travel like from CS / CoP with roaming NPCs taking you along would be awesome.

Sell them.

What did Sahkarov mean by this?

>What can they do what CoM hasn't done?
Build a working fucking mod for one.

Explain.

>Disabled all upgrades because they can't fix them
>Hasn't been updated since 1.4.16
>The weapon packs don't work even though they don't touch scripts
>Over half the texture aren't even used by the mod and just take up huge amounts of space
>Only selling points are meme features like campfires
It's literally just a soup mod with ducttape holding it together.

>they can't fix them
yeah, CoC team can't really fix it, unfortunately. don't see how it's applied to CoM
>Hasn't been updated since 1.4.16
because it's been in development since 1.4.16 was out
>The weapon packs don't work even though they don't touch scripts
what do you mean by that? what weapon packs?
>Over half the texture aren't even used by the mod and just take up huge amounts of space
what texture folders are not used? point out those 1.8gb that have no place in it
>Only selling points are meme features like campfires
yeah, not counting a misery gameplay on coc maps, unique features, shitton of bugfixing (including coc bugs), changing stashes, adding new npc's, making balance better
you're splitting hairs, my friend

Anyone here play CoC on Ironman?

My best run so far is 2 or so hours with Bandit faction and Master difficulty. Got killed by my own grenade.

fucking finally, cock alone is just boring shit after 10 hours

I've actually been enjoying Azazel a lot.

It's kind of fun to die in one faction and then have a new life in another faction.

I seem to have the best luck surviving when I'm a Bandit, though that's probably because Bandits are fucking everywhere.

>after 1 hour*

since fucking when did milfags become grenade snipers again?
the fuck is this shit??

CATCH A GRENADE

>shoot one bandit at a level exit
>the whole base comes to you and dies because they really want to avenge their fallen comrade
Really makes you think.

Anyone knows where are the optimus binoculars for the freedom faggot at the Barrier in the army warehouses?

Playing JP2

KOOSHAY LIMONCHIK PADLA

I've been playing it. Last night I died in the fire anomaly in the wild territory, feels bad.

Blyat, should've known the thread was about to die and waited a bit more. Well anyway, anyone know if I can get my hands to show whatever it is I'm wearing? Ran into the texture before, so could find it again, but knowing where it is will probably not help much as new hands will almost surely have to be scripted in. Running AA by the way.

probably swartzes mod

youtube.com/watch?v=wtyKEE-hQEI

>OGR
Can't keep up with all the acronyms, what the heck is this?

Original Guns Reanimated.
Instead of shitty models with shitty animations we have shitty models with okay animations.

He's still going with memery's arsenal? That shit was outdated when memery was released even.

After all these years, I feel like it's time to play Stalker again. Should I play Call of Chernobyl?

(Stalker in the age of Trump. What a time to be alive!)