blender-models.co͘m
mayang.co͘m/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/bro͘wse
inco͘mpetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.o͘rg

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/cyclophobia/sets/mythophobia
soundcloud.com/qaztim-eleven/project05-medievalasianfusion?in=qaztim-eleven/sets/random-projects
discord.gg/FuDF2Ve
patreon.com/ledgamedev
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Rama, the Community Demigod of the Unreal Engine.

No progress this thread.

>Fucking up all the links on purpose
Why user?

> Next Jam: Comfy Jam
itch.io/jam/agdg-comfy-jam

> Play Demo Day 12!
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12

> Helpful links
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/KUSDs9vt

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/8DFkkce3

> Engines
Construct 2: scirra.com/construct2
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org
LÖVE: love2d.org
UE4: unrealengine.com
Unity: unity3d.com

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music

Some of those links are broken user. A testament to how much people use them, those sites aren't even up anymore.

Better than the OP.

>how do i git gud at art
Step 1 - learn if you have affinity for art.
Step 1.5 - seriously don't bother if you don't have any affinity, you're just going to waste your time
Step 2 - practice
Step 3 - note that practicing doesn't mean that you'll eventually git gud. Only stupid Americans think like that.

post fan art people made of your protag

okay.

Practice doesn't mean that you'll eventually get good.

But you'll only get good by practicing.

The key is to actually seek to improve yourself instead of just random scribbling. There's no art genes, and art as a whole encompasses a VAST array of specialties, from technical drawing to realistic drawing to abstract to stylized to character art to environmental art, etc. Most big name artists have their own specialty they pursued and they can't exactly just be thrown into "gud artists vs bad artists" categories.

So for people who mess with 3d programmimg, what do you do for barriers/walls? In older 3d (n64 I know, maybe psx) walls were just programmed to reject the player when they tried to move into them. However say you were able to get into the wall. If you tried to move through the wall from the inside, you'd move through and come out the other side. Nowadays walls seem properly 2 way, so if you get stuck in the level then you are stuck stuck.
I was thinking trying 1 way walls on the off chance the player finds a way or a glitch occurs and they get stuck in the wall. I got this idea playing the Hat in Time demo because 2nd time I entered Mafia Town it spawned me under the map and I couldn't get back out.
What are your thoughts?

How?

Because the links don't have subtly accented characters to make the links purposely broken?

I wouldn't know I just enable collision and that's done with it.

Sometimes I get really down and dirty in it and put simple colliders on a mesh myself.

Holdover from last thread.

You asked how my posted links were better than the OPs and I answered. What's your point now?

They were like that in the last thread.

That's completely irrelevant and you know it, retard. Fuck off back to discord with your weak bait.

I can now make a menu to rebind input keys at runtime, a feature that isn't really supported by the Unreal Engine.

Oh thank you Holy Rama.

I'm mad jealous of his UE4 wizard skills, more-so when his english isn't even that good.

>I'm posting alongside people like this

Where is...your game...?

if !(x>view_xview[0] and y>view_yview[0] and x

The meme coding posts are getting really annoying.
I wonder if they can be reported.

>its a discord thread

In Unity I have a script that creates a map and places the player in it, and another that gets a reference to the player to do stuff with it. I've set a custom script order so that the map generator happens first, but the second script is still failing to find it. Is it possible that my map is taking so long to make that the reference is made before the player is created?

>when you finally give up on your project

IF YOU'RE TIRED OF STARTING OVER

STOP

GIVING

UP

you could just never try again.
it's much easier.

any of you guys got any good homemade tracks you'd like to share? I'm up for listening to one

KEEPS IS A FUCKING CUNT

soundcloud.com/cyclophobia/sets/mythophobia

damn man, bretty good
keep it up

soundcloud.com/qaztim-eleven/project05-medievalasianfusion?in=qaztim-eleven/sets/random-projects

I'm not giving up. I just stop and start a new project because I can't make art for it.

lotus forest is good

But then how are you going to make art for the new project?

Finished my settings ui.
Features:
Fully functioning video and quality settings
Keybaord and gamepad rebinding
Keyboard and gamepad navigation
Saving and loading settings and rebinds

Comfy jam here I come

too long for one webm

Looking good my dude

Don't hit one me, silly devs :3

one thing i hated about katamari is that smaller objects disappear when you get bigger

Don't worry, I don't even know how to do that!!

Your honesty is admirable. Your game is gonna be fun

pull objects closer to you so it looks more like a ball

Isn't half the fun of katamari watching the ball get all fucked up and misshappen as you collect more and more shit on it?

yes but yours looks like its not sticking together properly

Oh, yeah, good point. I need to fine-tune the sphere-collision-growth per item collected still. If I don't grow the player's collider at all then it won't "roll" when too misshappen, but when I grow it too big, as you see in the webm, you get those invisible gaps. I think I can work on that.

see how there arent really any gaps?

no worries

You've been working on the exact same thing I'm working on. And you beat me to it!

IT'S ON, I WILL FUCK YOU UP. EVERY SALE YOU MAKE I WILL MAKE 10.

I don't. I finish coding and then start a new project.

Do you have a bigger...picture? I was actually thinking about replaying katamari to get more of a reference, too.

I wonder how I can keep it more 'spherical' without those gaps. When I just turn off the collision scaling it gets more "webby" than circular.

play with magnets

Does anyone know how to do this and/if it would be hard to do? I really like the 2D pixel look for this sort of 3D. I wouldn't normally want to do a 3D game but if had these sorts of graphics then I'd be pretty interested to do so.

1/2

The guy who made it is literally ere. Maybe you should ask him.
@Led#0589

2/2

discord.gg/FuDF2Ve

Probably just simple planes and blocks with good textures and maybe something like a billboard effect

I'm surprised there were people that wanted to draw one of my MCs despite the fact I don't have much game to even show for it. Makes me happy.

Is this just as simple as parenting the objects on collision?

Looks sick as fuck.
>tfw cant do shit like that

Also what engine?

kill me

A few refinements, but basically. Just prototyping a few things while I get used to Unity.

He's right, you can make it get a bit missshapen, but it also corrects itself into more of a ball shape
If it didnt you could get into an unrollable state

I think those arms are moving a bit too far up and forward, try to reduce it a little

Oh okay. So agdg has fallen to discord, too? I used to come here pretty regularly, it's a shame.
I see.
I don't know. Got them from there : patreon.com/ledgamedev

Sure I'll work on a reposition algorithm that does this.

Fair enough, if it's a hard sprint you're going for and not a jog it fits

gotta go faster, to achieve this just put his arms all the way back and don't let the hands follow the rest of the body.

Professional runners might actually be a bad reference. They run way more efficiently than anyone else.

Maybe rotate the shoulders slightly more? The head shouldn't turn with the shoulders obviously. It's not all that far off though.

unless you're making a fast runner

And then, everyone was talking about a cube girl.

So, I made a cube girl.

What now?

make game

Try moving the torso/whole body a bit up when he's not touching the ground, and down when his knee is at the most "bent" state. It'll improve it significantly.

Ok. I will try.

Cute.

made me laugh how his torso is staying level the whole time

Unless he's supposed to be some terminator-esque robot, you haven't done very great. Model looks okay, but that's a shitty animation.

>80 posts
>on page 8
What's happening?

What's the most girlish weapon you can think of.

Everyone is deving. Quiet thread = Good thread.

lol nice

A ribbon.

Anything nature-related.
Anal beads.

>What's the most girlish weapon you can think of.
Toy hammer

Panties
Period blood

Tell him how he can make it better then.

BL book

Benis Licking?

Can someone point me to an algorithm that will check if something is enclosed.
If I had:
1 1 1
1 0 1
1 1 1
I want to be able to know if the 0 is block/reachable from the outside. Rooms can be much larger than just this example, but the map is even bigger so I can't just brute force it

Boys Love

l-l-l-lewd

Also yeah that seems appropriate.

ur mum is in my gaem.

Would probably be easier to just make sure the map is generated properly.

You could just do a BFS or DFS that returns false after all paths have been checked, too many options have been checked, or the path is too distant from the starting point