I am a service advisor for one of the biggest dealership chains. Ask me anything

I am a service advisor for one of the biggest dealership chains. Ask me anything.

Pic very related, story of my life.

Other urls found in this thread:

myfonts.us/td-bLxe1v
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ever have a customer bring up a project and i mean "PROJECT" that was assfucked beyond all recognition for trade or repairs? Please gib pics if you do.

what is love?

No pictures, but I have seen that happen all the time. I've handed multiple people 4-10k estimates for repairs. On the higher end I just give them the card of a sales man who tells them the car is worth $500 which basically is selling it to the junkyard. I used to sell cars so I have a unique perspective.

is it true that you only get reimbursed a certain amount for doing warranty work?

what do?

Why do you never get all the information I need?
Why do you think that job can be done as a waiter in 1 hour?
Why didn't you check to see if parts were available before bringing the car in the shop?
Why do you smoke cigarettes/vape?

העלא אַנאָן, ווי פיל געלט האָבן איר געמאכט פון גוי שוין? ים שווימערייַ אין שקל און דיימאַנדז

Sorta, parts are significantly cheaper for warranty work and techs let paid about half the hours for the same job.

More to your point though, oem isn't going to pay x about for warranty work if they know it costs x.

Not OP but yes. There are usually two labor times listed for doing a job: Standard and Warranty, with warranty usually coming in at about half of standard time.
Some warranty jobs don't pay anything, though, but that's usually when the standard labor is 0.5 or less.

Consider suicide, tech.

Why do you always take so long on simple repairs? Why do you tell me simple things take an exorbitant amount of time. Why do you give attitude about everything? Why do you complain about .1 a hour?

If it's so simple and easy why are you up front making 50% less money with a skillless job trying to sell coolant flushes to pay your rent?

how do i insist on getting something warrantied?

>skilless job
We detrimentally rely on each other to get work. If you don't recommend anything, I can't sell. To call an advisor a skilless job is plain ignorant. Not sure how it works where you work but the reason we have advisors is cause techs are so autistic they can't talk to customers. Every time I bring a customer back in the shop I'm generally embarrassed by how autistically the tech acts.

Also we make more than 90% of the techs up front as advisors so...

You dont. We have to follow strict rules for warranty work. If we warranty work and the oem doesn't approve it were out that money.

What does an advisor actually do? It was you just right down what the customer says and tell that to the tech. Then if the tech has any issues or concerns the advisor asks the customer.

My job is to write up customers, set accurate promise times, juggle anywhere from 2-10 customers at a single time. All the while trying to sell, keep updated, and check out customers. Coordinate with techs and parts on getting work done, getting parts shipped or delivered. Answering customer calls and incoming calls. Selling jobs, setting prices for work, discounting off if the customer needs it. Calling declined customers work to get them back in. Keeping up with product updates, training videos, etc. Keeping warrant managers, Lane managers, and fixed operations managers happy with production, surveys, customer retention etc.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Service advisors have hard work where we are juggling all these things in a days work. Often when I have a phone ringing, a customer in front of me and more coming into the lane at the same time.

Techs can talk to customers, they just don't want to, which is why they got skilled labor jobs instead of becoming a salesman. Why would I spend my time listening to

>ever since you rotated my tires my infotainment doesn't work!
>I read on the forums that my car needs a new transmission and it's warranty!
>My tires and brakes are fine, I just got them 7 years ago! You're trying to scam me!
>but I heard the rattle once on the winter solstice 2015 at 31.5mph with the fan on 3 and Neil Young on the radio, what do you mean you can't replicate it?

So yes, your job is necessary as talking to stupid customers is shitty enough where you have to reimburse someone to do it, but it's certainly not because techs are unable to do it, it's because it would be a waste of time and money to have someone capable of actually fixing a car do it.

>skilled labor
Ie blue collar bullshit job where you will work 4x as hard opposed to me and make considerably less

You got me bro. I'll happily take dealing with that shit, selling and earning more staying white collar than turn wrenches.

So you're a secretary?

Yeah you may bring just a hint more money than me, but my job has its perks. Every now and then I get an extra long lunch where I can cruise over to your place and fuck your wife like only a real man can, while you sit in some cube contemplating how firm you should hold your bosses ball while sucking him off and begging for a new keyboard cause the one you have now hurts your tiny little wrists.

Oh yeah that blue eyed copper haired kid your wife popped out a few years ago? Das mine

how long have you been doing it? I was an advisor for Ford for 5 years. last week I walked out with no notice. just couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't think of a more miserable, thankless position if I tried.

Im a Material processor at a PDC.

Fuck you

באַרען אַוועק

what is the font on this check slips?

Not sure; Tacoma is close but spaced wrong.

Gross dude you fucked your own mom?

Looks like Daytona Pro or Daytona Pro Condensed.
myfonts.us/td-bLxe1v

Nevermind, the M is wrong.

>saving thumbnails

epic b8 m8

meta-bait

I did service advisor before I got my apprenticeship as a mechanic about 10 years ago. You're a receptionist you melon. And as for making more, any tech who works at a place that pays the advisor more than the tech has only himself to blame. I make more than twice what I made as a service advisor as a tech and that's basic. With OT it's not even as close as that. No one cares about your perspective, you have no more hidden knowledge than a customer does.

Kek. All 5 of my shitboxes.

Mfw 0 car payment

ITT:heartbreaker takes everything out on this service advisor because he gets shilled by his service advisor

Was it a Honda Civic?