Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

Cleanup edition

>What's new?
Lunar Festival next week with some new goodies and a FREE COCK
youtube.com/watch?v=3oD8DrPANfw

>Which heroes should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation or try mode and see who you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked, you'll regret it.

>Where do I find you BHC worshiping faggots?
/join Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky
reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/5pgex4/gilly_casting_appreciation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

forgot old:

HGC HYPE

Reminder of reddit karma-whoring sell-out rats: reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky Forums_who_has_accurately_leaked/

reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
>ponyfucker

They are in this thread RIGHT NOW!

>enemy team is 4 down
>hey lets grab boss
>nah lets just turn in coins first and then get boss :) We won't get a full turn in but who cares lol!
>....
>lose game

Post your hero without posting your hero

based plat bro

i think stuff like this comes from some weird follower mentality or where its hard to change the plan once people started doing it, hard to overwrite that

either way its like not always obvious but id say that one is really obvious, like order matters so much (like a general game strategy thing that order matters) and it goes wrong a ton where people dont realize what advantage they currently hold and how to exploit that

like doing boss or camps with curse up is another, since you get curse mostly by wiping the team and with a team wipe its safe to get boss however with curse you should push lanes

Artanis or Nazeebo

>Esports

Not even once.

Tass

>i think stuff like this comes from some weird follower mentality or where its hard to change the plan once people started doing it, hard to overwrite that
This is a game where it's better to have 5 retarded people doing something retarded than 4 retarded people doing something retarded and one lone wolf who thinks he's GM.

ofc and in many cases this line does apply but for example curse up and the enemy team down
its better to lone wolf a lane and retreat shortly after rather than help out with boss
you cannot blindly follow that rule its why we are looking at exceptions to it
and maybe blindly following it is a big part of why they are those kinds of misplays

Why are Illidans and Novas always the most terrible fucking players you will ever see?

The heros are shitter magnets.

I just realized this could be two heroes, but I forgot about the other guy.

Jaina?

>take break, come back
>Greymane got Azir'd
>Malfurion, Brightwing and Artanis are meta

>Azir'd
What does it mean in non-league language?

this model is shit, stop posting it

You;re mom's shit faggot

still not as much as that nose and face in general

>reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/5pgex4/gilly_casting_appreciation/
wew

Fucking gutted, friend.

>hourly ribbit appreciation thread

Yikes. That place.

sickening

>Varian on both teams
>The team with the Varian who went Prot wins

Really makes you think, doesn't it you fucking assholes who go Fury or Arms when you're the only Warrior on the team? Thank god I finally got a Varian who knows Prot exists.

dreadnaught knows so much and even on the hosting side carries the casting desk by giving great lay offs to gilly and sharing
he covers up when she clearly sucks
he does podcast, all kinds of casting, tons of research hes like really involved

where the fuck is his appreciation thread? he clearly has put in overtime and it shows

The more and longer a hero is trash tier, the more OP he'll be once they rework him.

When she gets excited, I can get excited too. She has this wonder in her voice and eyes as she would discover something really special. She sounds sincere and authentic which may turn some people off. I mean, think about it. She clearly knows the game but not every possible tactic/draft or what may happen next. While you could argue this may be a weakness as a caster, I tend to say no. I want her to scream in excitement, I want her to get surprised so I can get fired up as well. The best moments we had we had at BlizzCon '16 were the ones where the audience got fired up. We need casters like her because why would I want to have two people in the both who clearly could have seen everything like Light Yagami from Death Note? Just as planned? No thanks.

>Abathur finally made useful outside of extreme niche circumstances
>65% win rate

I can feel it.

>huh this almost reads like a..
>lemme check
>...
>yep

Drawbro returned to HotS!

>Nexus Charger
Is there any Hero that looks good on this thing? Tempted to just skip out on it.

Oh, brilliant.

murky

if it was the nexus wolf id get it but horses are pleb

>Green is a Warcraft assassin bro
/ourguy/

>queue for HL
>estimated wait time 100s
>300s later queue pops
>someone disconnects before it goes to hero selection
>it doesn't throw you back in front of the queue
>have to wait another 300s
Literally going to wait for a game longer than play it

I kinda want them to make nexus wireframe skins for everyone, but that would probably be hell for readability.

>Don't get me wrong, my favourite caster is Khaldor but there's something about Gilly which makes me happy to see her casting everytime:

Gee I wonder what the fuck it could be.

Good lord men are weak as shit when it comes to women, can't help but fawn over them.

Still waiting on that completed bikini lineup

>numale beta cucks
>men

Do we need another Ganassa?

>finally get into hero selection
>your first picks are zagara and kael
Should have dodged that shit

>no character with a flat chest
No thank you, I don't need it.
D.va when? I need that pettanko goodness.

>my team picks varian and guldan
>enemy team picks rag, diablo and johanna
>they ban tychus
>varian doesnt say which spec he is going
>alt + f4

>dodge
>get a lose AND leaver penalty
Just play that shit out.
Always a chance enemy team is even worse

>guaranteed loss
>waste time on it anyway instead of recuperating it with another round and potential win instead

Still doing placement matches so it doesn't matter

You sound like the kind of guy that bans a hero a teammate is hovering just because you don't like that hero then spend the next 20 minutes typing dozens of variations of "lol xd u so mad"

A win in leavers queue *where 6 people in the lobby are silence) amounts to a win in silver league.
It's a boring and frustrating game, even if you try to burn it on AI.

>feeling good
>decide to play something
>pick hots
>play a few games
>feeling angry at the world for giving me these retards in my teams
I don't even know why I play this game, it just makes me mad most of the time

How dead is this game?

I'm waiting on blizz to release the beach fun skins.

Holy moly you're projecting. It's like playing Hearthstone ladder. You pick the fastest decks, even if other, slower decks have a higher winrate, because gaining rank is just a grind and identifying losses early on speeds the entire process up.
Exact same thing in HotS. Just quit and move on, no need to deal with rounds that give you a headache if you're just playing to gain rank.

Also, I'm arguing for those leavers here, I personally see every round to the end because I genuinely enjoy this game, even in suboptimal team comps.

very alive with lots of viewers already on the HGC stream

Tyrael.

Close
Auriel is also black

Was about to write Dehaka, didn't even notice what word is under.

Post proof

No, Auriel is an angel. No blacks in heaven.
She's just a bunch of ribbons and ropes.

>hearthstone ladder
>anything like HotS ladder

What's so difficult about placing into diamond 3 and then getting into masters from there?

More like ribbons and

>tfw Auriel will never tie you up
Why even live?

Murky.

Gazlow

Hey /hotsg/, can you recommend some good first buys for each role? (excluding melee warrior)

Uther
Murky
Nova

worst ones

meme all you want but they were absolute champs back in the day

Idiot.

They still are.

>Ranged damage-dealer
Valla
Raynor
Tychus

>"Support", aka healbot
Malfurion
Brightwing
Rehgar

>"""Melee""" damage-dealer
Thrall
Ragnaros

>Frontline warrior/tank
Johanna

Just the solid learner/beginner picks, taking into account their strength in the current meta and relative ease. Plenty of other good Heroes I'm probably not thinking of right now, though.

>Ropes
I wanna tie up Auriel

malf, tass, etc, mura, johanna, raynor, valla, thrall, tychus, brightwing, rehgar

I'm going to marry Valla!!!

Kill yourself.

I'm going to marry Valla and there's nothing you can do.

We can do a double wedding since I'm going to marry Auriel

Is there a hero who focuses on dots?
I found Gul and Xul to certain degree. Are they any good?

lunara

gul is good
xul is good on some maps if the team plays to his strengths so generally hes not really good

Nazeebo focuses on DoTs and is also based

Valeera will have a build for DoT

Lunara, Nazeebo (especially post-20) and Gul'dan, I think.

Xul is more of a counterpick to fuck over Illidan/Butcher, and on maps where he's allowed to push multiple lanes simultaenously, like Infernal, or Blackheart's Bay.

Nice, thanks a lot for the tips.

>Pick Auriel
>Low HP Zul'jin tries to go and rape my pure angelic asshole
>Start hitting him
>He pops taz
>Blind him with sweep
>He dies
>This happens twice in the same match

I know it's not impressive but it was funny, if I didn't have the drawing skills of a 3 year old I would make that a short comic.

/blog

Are you talking about some sort of garrote build?
I can't imagine it being any good.

Draw it than

>tfw no fem gob hero

I want another Warcraft character just to see Rebbit implode, damn it.

>download game
>join quick match queue
>wait 3 minutes
>it's just me and one other player
>4 bots on each team

What the fuck? How dead is this game?

Next hero is Khadgar.
You unlock him by collecting 4986 garden seeds, 120 doubloons, 900 skulls from the mine and 33 nukes.
And all of his spells are arcane blast.

If you want rebbit to explode just release Kel'Thuzad already, and make him an assassin.

And speaking of explosions I like the idea of pushing fem goblin as part of Sapper Squad hero.