How does Veeky Forums feel about fullsize American wagons?

How does Veeky Forums feel about fullsize American wagons?

I want to buy one myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ncL_0wDmtLo?t=127
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Unfortunately you've missed the boat. They were only retro cool for a very brief period before becoming hipster trash.

get a caprice/roadmaster, straight pipe it, do this all day long
youtu.be/ncL_0wDmtLo?t=127

I just want one because I like them.

also you can swap in a t56 6-speed relatively easily, so you get a v8 muscle car that can haul a lot of shit

pretty awful by every standard

yeah except for having to cut half the floor out, fabbing your own transmission mounts, gutting and modifying and replacing the interior
pretty simple

Get a Custom Cruiser, it's the exact same car as the Caprice/Roadmaster, except it's an Oldsmobile.

I've looked into that, but where I live most cars have rusted into the ground by their 20th birthday. Finding a Roadmaster/Caprice is hard enough on its own

shit for some reason i forgot its a column mount shifter and thought it was a drop in

Well if you really truly don't care about your image then by all means.
The best example of the breed is the Swedish though, not American.

those things, especially their parts are rare as fucking unicorns.

>because I like them
Mathew is that you?

My dad had one of these growing up. I loved it because it was the size of a small bedroom and had two bench seats in the back that were perpendicular to the other seats. I wish I had one but they were pieces of shit without even considering how badly they rust. I've seen some early 90s examples still around though

>driving a specific car can effect your image
Holy fuck are we in that much of a judgmental world

its been like that since the cars were ever invented

even before that you would get judged based on your horse and/or carriage

I love Olds but the last gen Custom Cruiser doesn't stack up to the other two at all.

>only made for two years, 91 and 92
>no sedan form, so you can't scavenge parts from the non-wagons
>rare as fucking unicorn jizz on a saturday
>can't get it with a rocket v8, that stopped with the previous gen

Not technically american, but might as well be. What do you guys think about Legacy Outbacks?

butterass car

They look great til you get around to the back end and then, holy fuck what were they thinking?

I have a very serious hard-on for the roadmaster.

Loved that it just needed a few engine upgrades to be up to spec with the corvette LT1 (though it is a bitch to work on)

Exactly why it makes my winkle tingle so fiercely.

My younger brother was given one for his everyday driver by our parents when he graduated college. It's got 165k and just had the power steering and water pump replaced, but he won't let it go and he wants to get the LT1 up to corvette specs. It also rides super smooth with its airbag suspension.

I missed out on buying a wagon with rear facing jumper seats.

Oh well.

Yknow I wonder, could the same be done with a panther? It's the same Modular engine as the 4th and 5th gen mustangs...

What would it take?

My dad had a wagon for a long time that he lowered and called the "cool wagon" he got it up to over 200k miles before he sold it

Pic related

Too big to be of any use to me on this continent. Also since Americans are sissies about towing their domestic vehicle tow ratings aren't all that impressive. Even those huge '90s Roadmasters are only rated for 5000 lbs. If I get re-rating papers and the correct tow hitch I can pull 4400 lbs with a '90s Volvo 850.

Fucking do it. They glorious.

Find you an old caprice and pimp it out.

...not putting a bigblock in it.

...not tubbing it for wrinkle walls.

...any car can be awesome

My exact point. Lol

We call my brothers "The Shaggin' Wagon". We always insinuated the old guy we bought it from was bangin his wife in the back with his oxygen tank tubes all over the place.

Also bc I finger blasted a gf in the back rocker seat my sophomore year of college while I was borrowing the car (brother has no idea) and my brother tapped a coworker of his in a bowling alley parking lot about a year ago (he was proud to share that story).

An all around great memories to look back on when we're all old af.

Sounds like he is living deliciously.

curious about this too

They look comfy. Has anyone got any interior pictures of station wagons? I feel like they'd make comfy long distance cruisers.

roadmaster is amazing and came with the very good LT1 engine, basically swap in a T56 and hoon all day

Brits never really had station wagons; the closest we had was the Land Rover Defender 110. There was enough space to sit up and have a picnic in the back.

degeneracy

I drive one everyday and have three of them. Can't go wrong with a B body or panther wagon.

Not as much as you'd think, probably. Later model Mustangs had the 3-valve version of the 4.6 instead of the 2-valve, but the Mercury Marauder had the same DOHC 4-valve 4.6 as the Cobra Mustangs, so anything is probably possible if you put your mind to it.

>Brits never really had station wagons;
But haven't the Brits used Volvo sedans and wagons ("estates" for you Europoors) as police cars and similar duty vehicles for decades?

You could swap a modular into a box panther wagon somewhat easily, or just do a HO or Explorer swap and stay with the tried and true sbf.

I threw an HO converted lopo backed by a wide ratio AOD in my winter beater wagon. 225hp/300ftlbs isn't impressive by todays standards but good enough for an old wagon.

>what are estates
the S type wagon i rather fancy, the way it looks almost makes me forget the shit timing and the shit transmission
i would also love an old lagonda wagon

>best example
>slow as fuck and no power
Cuck alert