>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
White Dwarf coming 19 January 2017
twitter.com/totalwar/status/819200441066123264
Total War: WARHAMMER - Behind The Wood Elves
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!wcIWUIBQ
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/189143/what-the-total-war-teams-are-working-on-updated-16th-december-2016
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IF OUR DAIMYO IS TO BECOME SHOGUN

MILITARY RULER OF ALL JAPAN

My general chose the perfect location to battle the enemy

Total War hasn't had decent battle maps since Napoleon

They did a good job with a lot of the custom maps in TWW.

The random maps(and every map) could be bigger though.

Napoleon is the only tw title that actually had nice maps, all the other games before and after have trash ma[s

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH ROME

>They did a good job with a lot of the custom maps in TWW.
Yes, they are cool as fuck, if only the interesting parts were IN the map and not outside the bounds

what faction should I do a horde campaign with in attila

not the white huns

I was surprised to find that thing actually had rules in an 8th edition supplement.
>5 organ guns
>racks of bombs

alamans

tanooks

this is also a thing from the time of legends section. it actually has a model too buts it forgeworld and i dont know if they're allowed to use that sort of stuff in tw

their 'food only from settlement battles' mechanic makes me... not want to play them

its pretty easy desu, it actually makes it easier to roll out extremely strong stacks as you don't have to build food shit

yeah but I plan on never settling

Vandals for sacking goodness

Delicious downhill charge

It feels like CA would add that just for the LotR factor. Would be a neat "addition" to the marauders.

yeah, thats how I played them too

>Oh man this map looks coo-
>annnnnnd its just a blank map with a good background

This is fine

Playing Seleucids here

Are Eastern buildings like stable, or satrap palace really worth building? worth building

Because CA knows the AI would shit the bed hard on any map that wasn't an empty square. That's how bad it's gotten, they have to keep stripping away features because fuck making the AI competent in any capacity.

Why do you think they neutered sieges?

Yeah I know, If I see a siege with more men than me I just go "welp time to cheese the AI".

Why? That makes it even more boring. Why not do a proper siege assault? It's not that hard. Just don't use ladders.

What mods do you guys have installed for whatever TW you're currently playing?

Playing:
>Warhammer
Mods:
>Quest items unlock instantly
>AI Heroes can't assassinate lords

Quest battles and their prerequisites suck especially after you've already played them.

>playing Volkmar
>unlock quest chain for his staff
>have to go to war and sack two Kislev settlements

Fuck off, that's idiotic.

>blank map

A lot of the custom maps have strategic locations though. Like big hills or small pathways. You want them to put a big castle in the middle of a normal battle map?

I use better AI recruitment mods if they are available. I use some reskins if they look way better and more realistic than vanilla.

Not him, but no I want maps with ruined villages in the middle of them, or bridge maps or river crossings or anything other than GRASS/FLAT GRASS/HILLS TREES/HILLS SNOW/TREES.

>ruined villages in the middle of them

That doesn't really add that much when you just fight around them. There are some custom maps and random maps with buildings in the middle of the map. In Shogun 2 also.

>bridge maps or river crossings

Yeah, that's definitely something they should add to random maps. Some custom maps have rivers though.

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

Playing Medieval 2 with the Deus lo Vult v6.3 mod installed
Pretty relaxing experience
Sadly the AI starts with full stack garrisons from turn 0/1

If I make peace with a faction I have a grudge with, does it get aborted or does it remain stuck in my ass forever?

>Stacking academies in every province capital
>Mfw all technologies researched by year 440

I miss that unit flashing feature so much

>all those PAVEES CROSSBOMEN

yeah you're actually cancer

Any download links for 8th edition forge world rules?.

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!wcIWUIBQ
(courtesy of Veeky Forums)

Fantasy / Forge World / Monstrous Arcanum

Thank you user, you're a good man.

Thanks
But I dont have much choice in what I can recruit in terms of unit variety
All I can recruit are these Crossbowmen and Italian Town Militia
That one unit of cav I got is the one I started with and only now I can recruit Templar units thanks to the chapter house event
I cant even get any decent Mercenaries

>I miss that unit flashing feature so much
??? it's in all the new games too

Have there ever been a case of dwarfs fighting dwarfs in warhammer lore?

They have internal disputes that's for sure. MUH CLAN HONOUR

sure sure, but actual war or fighting ever? Because if not, that shouldve been a feature of their campaign

it doesn't work anywhere near as well, I never bother using it

Small clashes over muh grudges but never an all out war

Is there any chance that Nippon or Cathy will feature in future games in total war warhammer?
If so how would you imagine their rosters would look like?
I know Nippon is basically Samurai and you could copy paste an army from Shogun total war in with a few mystical stuff from Japanese legend but what would they do for Cathy?

Sure, they're just not big wars. Basically there might be battles here and there over grudges and shit, but never something big enough to record in history books (unless the Book of Grudges counts as history).

Basically, they fight enough that tabletop player could justify doing a dwarf vs dwarf battle but not enough to change the lore in any meaningful way.

1.) Very small considering there was never an official release of any of those factions. Very little is written about them aside from some side shit for Skaven/Nippon and Grimgor wrecking Cathay in the end times for some reason

2.) A lot of OC based on their appropriate folklore, there are fan-made books for those factions, I'm not familiar with whats in them

3.) There is a lot of creative freedom aside from Samurai and Ronin for Nippon

Very unlikely since they haven't ever had models or rules for them, and nippon/cathay are outside the scope of the map even with expansions.
The only non main faction I could see possibly getting an army is Kislev, because they're in the old world and in a pretty active region of it, and have enough background that it would be possible to make an army out what's there.

Here is a question for you, Frenk.
If god, as you say, is the father of Isa and wills you to take Jerusalem. Then why did you lose it?

Someone recommend me Attila mods that aren't FotE and Europa Perdita.

>Facing three stacks of norsca with one of mine on the Underway.
>They're a lot but I have a lot of elite troops so I'm sure I can win if I set a good defensive position.
>It's the map for the Thundering Falls, so I set up on the hill on my side of the map.
>Alright, this looks goo- wait.
>One of the stacks is going to deploy right behind me.

What is this BULLSHIT. They didn't even surround me in the campaign map, they were all coming from the same direction.

Post turks removal

It's pretty safe to say that no, Cathay/Ind/Nippon/South Landers et al. wont be included under any circumstances. They have no models, no rules and barely if any substantial lore written about them. They exist as lazy map padding from GW.

There are some fan (read: garbage) rule books for them that are cringy as you might expect. But yeah, ain't ever gonna happen. We'll be lucky if we get Kislev or a Southern Realm faction playable. And they actually have models and lore.

When did Epirus become Turk?

all unreleased, just get the AoC political terms something something mod and thats it

>Shitting on Epirus

Fuck you.

Every screen I see a screen of this mod units have ridiculous kill counts with little damage done to them. This one not even being close to some others posted here.

So CA wrote a status blog back in December and said that after the Old World Edition dropped they were going to start work on sequel DLC, specifically the hilariously euphemistic "EARLY ADOPTER BONUS". They've acknowledged before that Warriors of Chaos was a fuck up on their part and they say they'll do better next time.

What does doing better look like to you?

Being a TT game every faction has reasons to fight one another.

Preorder bonus probably won't be a big faction and will be something like dogs of war or an army painter

DeI is incredibly easy, I am not even sure why, its partially due to AI not knowing how to flank with archers and thus dealing no damage with them, but that can't be all of it

also its the morale system they use

link

>HOW DARE CA GIVE PEOPLE WHO BUY THE GAME AT FULL PRICE AT RELEASE WHEN IT MATTERS A BONUS!!!

I bet you're the type of scum that buys games on sales and still have the nerve to complain.

It's because infantry do no damage and end up being a punching bag for your cavalry. It astounds me that /twg/ can pan radious for being too easy and then go on to praise DEI.

Age of Vikings

>dogs of war

Two problems with this. The first being Dogs of War were removed after 6th ED, so they don't exist anymore. And second fuck mercenaries.

And if we can't get Avatar Conquest I seriously doubt we'll ever see an army painter.

forums.totalwar.com/discussion/189143/what-the-total-war-teams-are-working-on-updated-16th-december-2016

>On the future side, there’s a lot of discussions being had and scheduling being done around our plans for the second WARHAMMER game’s DLC, Free-LC and not to mention the early-adopter bonus, which will be one of the next things the team moves on to as we get into next year.

Wat

I just find the nomenclature funny. EARLY ADOPTER BONUS sounds like market tested nu-speak, just call it what it is, Pre-Order DLC.

We might be getting avatar conquest in the next game. I know it's fashionable to be cynical but there hasn't been too much indication either way of what CA will put in the next game aside from 4 more races plus map expansion.

Calling it preorder dlc would be a misnomer, as you can get it without ever preordering.

Early adopter could very well mean you still get it if you buy it early (duh), like woc, so you still have time to check ebin steam reviews

Getting chaos for free during the week after release was good enough. Enough time to do research on the game before buying without losing any bonuses.

Post screenshots that you have taken that you like

>forums.totalwar.com/discussion/189143/what-the-total-war-teams-are-working-on-updated-16th-december-2016

Wait wait, now I'm confused. Wasn't there a Polish article floating around a while back about how the sequel was getting pushed back to 2018? Why would they already be starting on pre-order shit if the game is still a year or so out?

>be greek living in syria
>rulers are at war with aethiopian hordes
>sucks because you make a living trading with them
>local garrison commander says he needs every able bodied man ready to fight in case the town is attacked
>you are a simple potter but know how to use a knife
>one day it happens, the aethiopians are spotted outside the city
>idiot garrison commander decides to sally forth and set up a small amount of defences
>line up against enemy army, thousands of angry nubians black as night are screaming and pounding their shields
>garrison commander tells everyone to charge
>as you run forward, some of the men next to you fall into the spike traps intended for the enemy
>you are forced to keep running as you watch a 6 foot long sharpened stake impale your neighbor
>you are are vomiting up your lunch as a swarm of arrows takes out most of the men in your unit
>somehow you survived, and are still running towards the enemy
>you are almost at the enemy lines when 300 javelins are simultaneously loosed in your general direction
>the last thing you see is your fellow citizens running in the opposite direction before a javelin impales itself in-between your shoulders

war is hell

strapping a living creature to an artillery projectile would add worthless weight and fuck its already abysmal aerodynamics thus reducing its range without any tangible benefits.

>Not just walking it off

See

worth it tbqh

Thats alot of ransom money

How should I skill Karl?

During that period every greek has a duty to serve in the military in some form.

>fantasy vs history

also

>some mushroom midget's poorly crafted arrow
vs
>a 4ft long iron tipped javelin thrown by a 6'7" african

:^)

Where's that fucking troglodyte fuck that doesn't like Empire TW battles?

>Watching Durthu solo the Ever-watcher
Fucking magical, m8.

>>fantasy vs history

I wasn't going for that, but whatever.

What so good about them? The AI units just does whatever they want and the unit responsiveness is the worst.

do you think burning ungors smell like burnt flesh or cooked steak?