What are O's thoughts on the newer Ford Escapes. Id like an 13' or 14' AWD 2.0T...

What are O's thoughts on the newer Ford Escapes. Id like an 13' or 14' AWD 2.0T. I need like a bit more room and comfy ride for the famalam. Any other decent options or shit I should look out for Don't want a CRV or RAV4. Wanted a 4runner but shit is too expensive ATM.

Current car is an 8thgen Si that's paid off. no plans on selling it as I don't need to.

Thank you

A bit more room? They're tiny inside. Once you have kids the car seats do not fit. Just keep the civic. You don't need more room.

More room in cargo and has more ground clearance as I deal with snowy winters (AWD). Im tired of crawling out of my Civic. Im 6'2 and its annoying as shit getting in and out of it and my kid in and out.

Getting older..the Si is a magnet for fagboyracers.

They call them Escapes because once you're in one, the first thing you want to do is escape out of one

Get a Honda Odyssey.

i would honestly rather drive a '77 oldsmobile than that chastity cage on wheels

nah, don't with Hondas, also don't require a van.

sounds shitty

A van is perfect. Room for more kids in the future and tons of cargo room.

What's up with Hondas?

My old lady has one.

>handles well
>pretty quick
>high teens in the city, high 20s on the highway
>awd system works very well, can do donuts in the snow and power oversteer around corners

Car seat fits just fine, and the rear seats recline.

Are there AWD Odysseys? And has Honda figured out how to make a transmission that can withstand a V6 yet?

My brother's wife has one and they aren't very happy with it with 1 kid in a rear facing seat and another in a front facing one.

Any Odyssey made in the last 10 years is perfectly fine. Only the early 2000s had problems. Same with the Acura TL and rl. Awd is unnecessary. Just get snow tires.

OP here. Nah Im good on a van. Esp. 10 year old ones.

what engine did you guys go with?

I just dont care to buy another.

They're unhappy with a car because 2 kids' car seats are facing the opposite directions.

wtf?

2.0T, just over 60k now.

We have one in a rear facing car seat and one in a booster, it's fine.

If you get a fucking cuckover you should just kill yourself. Just get an accord.

No, because there's no fucking room inside.

So disregard cargo space ,ride height, AWD, etc. And buy another Honda.

Thanks kid.

cargo space is minimal
you don't go offroad so ride height doesn't matter
awd isn't necessary. all you need is snow tires and to git gud.

Hows highschool going?

Shit I better tell every car manufacturer that AWD is pointless along with step in height. Lmaoo.

Leave Chad and his Honda alone. He knows best.

I've been planning on buying a 2017 Escape 2.0L Titanium for a new daily. The 13-16 Escapes had assloads of recalls but none of them engine specific and the 2.0 is really solid and for being a "compact crossover" it's a really comfortable vehicle and the luxury features actually have a nice feel to them.

>O's

My beater is a 2011 escape, XLT 4wd with the 2.5 4cyl. Decent car. Hasn't given me any real issues, pretty comfy for long drives. Nice radio. Those are really my only requirements for a beater. Wouldn't buy anything newer than a '12 because the 3rd gens look retarded.

It only exists to appeal to retarded normies that can't drive and to increase profit margins.

Subaru must be doing something wrong.

Chad get back to working on your FWD Honda.

This, the handling is great, and AWD snow drifting is god-tier, provided you turn off traction control.

>none of them engine specific
I think the 1.6L had issues with the head that needed to be replaced.

The 3rd gens are everything that's great about the escape line, much better to drive. I couldn't give a rats ass that it doesn't look like a cheap explorer anymore.

Cargo space is enough to fit my stage grand piano just fine.

And FWD snow drifting is a complete joke.

Get a Nissan Xterra they are more reliable and body on frame but still small

OP here.
Much appreciated input.

When does wanting a bit more ground clearance automatically mean im going trailing.

>cargo space is minimal
you've made no point here

I can barely fit my grill,gear and gun shit for a range day.

I was actually looking into an Xterra over a 4runner concerning pricepoint they are quite cheaper. It just sucks Nissan hasn't done shit with the interior but I am fond of the exterior design.

I'm not sure what grill you're trying to fit in, but chances are it will fit if it's not one of those full sized propane grills on a podium. I'm a charcoal man myself, so I just usually tote around a bag of that.

A small weber into the Civic. Nothing huge by any means.