pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g4gPwCdilmQ&t=0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Peeve is probably the best player

DaS2 is best for PvP.

DaS1 is best for PvE and story.

DaS3 is ?????????

Approximately how many different aspects of strength are there when determining the power of a Protagonist?

This is what I have so far:
Healing capabilities
Damage Migitation
Speed
Arsenal
Magical Talent
Unique Abilities

>get scholar ring to try out great magic weapon
>adds 10 less AR than resin even with upgraded catalyst
>only advantage is that it's accepted by lingering ring
>meanwhile flame arc adds as much as resin with a halfway upgraded flame, and gets 50% more duration by default for less investment overall while also burning certain mobs

Why do magic weapon and great magic weapon even exist?

Anyone got a spare sage +2 on Xbone?

Guys what weapon should I use to roll catch?

Best for gameplay and bossfights

Titanite Catch Pole

Curved greatsword running attacks and R1s, Thrusting straight swords with the R1 > R1 > R2 combo, 2h hammer, specifically mace, morning star, and blacksmith hammer, and occasionally, axes.

! CURSED !

>das 3 has the best bossfights

literally the worst from the entire series.

>gameplay

poise

Anyone have a Covetous Silver +2 ring they can drop a poor hollow?

>literally the worst from the entire series.

Did you play DS2?

Just use CE.

>twenty four hours from now this same user will post "why do people need to go out of their way to make fun of ds2?!"

ds2's sole redeeming quality was the meme potential with things like the invisibility rings and powerstanced smelter swords

it was fun in the same way beating people with rubber chickens in runescape was fun

However, all that aside, Valorheart is objectively the best weapon in the entire game to catch people with.

Virtually every attack in its moveset has a sort of "lingering hitbox" effect to it, in my experience both using it and fighting against it.

2HR1 > 2HJA is the only jumping attack that can truecombo in the entire game. Good to catch setup parryers off-guard.
2HR1 > 2HR1 > R2 is not unlike a normal straightsword thrust rollcatch, it's just less reliable since Valorheart is noticeably shorter than other straight swords and is susceptible to parrying by experienced players.

In general, the L2R1 and 2HJA are extraordinarily good at catching people, especially if they roll away from you, rather than rolling left, right, or into/under you.

I would but I got an Invalid Message a while ago. Want it to clear up before I do naughty shit again.

PvE in 1 is actually pretty shitty, and I think it takes some pretty rose-tinted glasses to think otherwise. It's incredibly braindead even without poise, and backstabs being so easy to get make most mob fights a complete joke.
I know everyone cums over DS1 poise, but I think that being able to completely ignore attack timings and positioning and delete any amount of thought that might have gone into a fight is stupid.
I'd like to hear you describe how bosses in 3 are worse overall mechanically and presentation-wise than the rest of the series.

Imagine if the last of the londor sister trio was that big she had a butt smush grab attack

A-anyone have any other categories to add??

>still playing this casualized trash
lmaoing@urlyfe

So you don't have to wait till late game to get a magic buff if CMW were the only one

Are there any builds that particularly suck in the dlc for 3? I remember in 1 and 2 magic wasn't as good as melee. In 2 especially, magic was just trash in the dlc

I'm the flood guy, gonna suck it up and make a new character to go through the dlc, so I may as well tailor them towards it. The only build I never tried was faith, but I don't really feel like trying it either.

DS1 poise really was a mistake, it just opens up so many doors for the absolute worst sort of min-maxing. It would be balanced if it was actually tied to your equip load being heavy as fuck.

DaS has 3 good boss fights
DaS2 has 1 good boss fight in the main game and 3 good ones in the DLC
BB has ~5 good bosses, 3 of them in the DLC
DaS3 has like 10 good bosses, 1 of them in the DLC

Hell, you could make a really good case for the game having only one actual undeniably "bad" fight.

What you're farming?

Need a little over 2 million souls to reach SL 130. Farming the three Golden Winged dudes. Almost a quarter of the way so I'll probably be good without it.

you can still use resin though, and flame arc is only three points of investment away tops (plus even casters can make use of 10 faith for regen). I really don't think it'd be unfair for them to add like 10-15 more AR each or something.

Death penalty.
How much is that particular character is penalized by dying.

didn't even think of that.

Good one user-kun. Will add it to the list.

Nope, most enemies in the dlc have reasonable defenses and no bullshit. You can go in with whatever build you have.

Bugs

I have 28 STR and 40 DEX
I started as a pure dex character.

Should I consider switching out from sharp infusion soon?

hnnnnng

If we include that the characters are resurrecting, what would be the losing condition? Giving up?

What the fuck is your definition of good? All of those games have more good bosses and 3 for sure has more than 1 bad boss

Check with Andre which weapons have more AR Sharp, Refined, and Uninfused. Most weapons will be best Refined, some weapons like the Exile CGS will be better sharp, and some weapons like the Black Blade will be better uninfused.

if you level str more, yeah, you should

Sellsword twinblades at 40/40 have identical AR with either infusion, exile CGS has superior AR with sharp, but only while onehanded, and quills will actually have more AR with sharp overall. Aside from the CGS, you just shouldn't use strength on those particular weapons (26 is a good place to stop for CGS).

Yeah, you should go with refined at this point.

A good fight is a fight with great atmosphere, a decent level of difficulty, interesting mechanics and a test of skill without being gimmicky garbage or PRESS R1

DaS1 has precisely 3 bosses which fit the bill.
Artorias, O&S and Manus. DaS2 has Darklurker, then Fume/Allone/Dragondude.

Looking at the list now, all the weapons I am using now are better off sharp, mainly because they are mainly dex weapons from the getgo.

I think I might broaden my horizons a bit and start using some other weapons too, what are fun weapons for 28 STR 40 DEX spread?

>angry people use good without supplying a definition
>proceedes to use the word good without definition

And what are the 10 good 3 fights and the 1 only bad one

>TWoD
>literally infinite heals with estus and one fk soul
Heh, nothing personnel ashen

Expectations maybe? Arguably more of a irl player characteristic than one of the ingame-character's.

2H 80% of the weapons in the game because of how the 2H strength modifier works. 1H SS and DEX weapons.

>a decent level of difficulty, interesting mechanics and a test of skill without being gimmicky garbage or PRESS R1
>DaS3
>10 bosses
>Decent level of difficulty
>without being gimmicky garbage
>10 BOSSES
>DaS3
>>without being gimmicky garbage

>tfw completely forgot to add damage capability

whoops. it's on the list, just didn't copy it over

>running firestorm killing all 4 other protagonists before they can even react

Heh

Exile CGS is probably the only weapon where you'd want to have semi-leveled str, everything else is usually better off at 40/40 or with no str at all.

/ourguy/

>TWoD
>getting close enough to hit
>being able to keep the storm up
Pick 2

What are some better uses of dart buffering in PvP? Except for healing and tumblebuffing. And pls no sacred flame.

wtf is Farron Dart for?

fast poke. like a higher damage throwing knife

>get invaded
>hes using a longsword

The one that is complete garbage in all aspects is Wyvern. Even then it's not as bad as some of the other fights in the series, but it is still pretty shit.

The good DaS3 fights are Iudex, Dragonslayer Armour, Watchers, Dancer, Champ, Pontiff, Soul of Cinder, Nameless King, Twin Princes and Friede.

Deacons, Curse-Rotted Greatwood, Gravetender, Skeletonman and Yhorm are just average. Gravetender is a little uninspired and you fight the wolf before but the Wolf's rapid movements make it a decent encounter, Greatwood's assbubbles are gross and the gimmick holds it back, but there's nothing abhorrent about the fight. Skeletonman and Yhorm again have bad gimmicks but some real 10/10 atmosphere/music/introductions and Deacons looks quite cool and the introduction of The Pope is great, but it's really easy and again, tied to a lame gimmick.

>DaS3 shitty gimmick fights
Deacons (Red Aura) Yhorm (Ruler) Wyvern (Plunge) Skeleton (Bracelets) Greatwood (Eggs)

>DaS1 shitty gimmick fights
Bed Of Chaos, Gwyndolin, Ceaseless Discharge, Moonlight Butterfly, 4Kings
This doesn't even go into the other bosses that are just as bad as those but aren't gimmicks persay (Asylum Demon 2/3, Seathe, Centipede Demon, Pinwheel)

For casting every spell in the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=g4gPwCdilmQ&t=0s

The most fair weapon in the game

I've heard people count Iron Golem as a dumb gimmick fight too, between him wobbling around after 8 hits and falling off the tower and the one giant that throws bombs at you during the fight if you don't kill him.
There's also Gaping Vagina, which is actually a pretty terrible fight from every aspect except its visual design.

How do I deal with the fucking casters in Brume Tower, because fucking Christ that one corridor with two of them three warriors is a fucking joke especially with the bullshit room with the respawning giant and warriors before it.

Hm, i don't remember corridor with 2 casters and 3 warriors. Where is it? What the warriors are wielding?

Honestly Kalameet is pretty shit too. Like Seathe, he's this simple easy boss with a boring moveset but you have to take multiple tries if you want the tail weapon. He does have a great introduction with Hawkeye and everything though.

The stormruler is entirely optional for Yhorm.

I liked the fight, because I didn't know about the stormruler when I killed him.

Actually, now that I think of it, I have no clue what the stormruler does to him.

>the bullshit room with the respawning giant and warriors before it
You pretty much have to sprint through it. None of the guys will follow you out of the room, though.

For the cliffside, you can slowly lure most of the warriors over to where you're in cover. It's tedious more than anything.

Sorry, not corridor, it's like a cliffside, just past the second bonfire. First there's the room with the three drop entrances with the giant and two warriors, one dual axe, one bowman. A huge lever door leads to a walkway around the outside, you face one of those heavy bow/fire guys, after you turn a corner, two casters and three warriors, two axe guys, one sword guy, I believe. Kicking my ass, are those casters particularly weak to anything?

>None of the guys will follow you out of the room, though.

Fuck me, seriously? That's not so bad, drained my spells going through it, makes it a nightmare.

>Actually, now that I think of it, I have no clue what the stormruler does to him.

It drops him to his knees and does about 6000 damage.

>you can deny hosts entrance through fog gates in DaS2

>simple, easy boss with a boring moveset
This actually describes the vast majority of the bosses in 1.
I think the game's age and the solid presentation for a lot of the fights means many people overlook that fact.

>are those casters particularly weak to anything?
Physical damage. Especially thrusting.
Just go back behind the rocks as soon as warriors aggro on you. They will follow you, casters won't.

>you can chase hosts through fog gates in DaS3

>tfw DaS3 doesn't have any good, fun fist weapons
>tfw bare fists does shit for damage no matter what

>seriously?
Yes, the second you make it out of those iron doors the enemies in that room quit following you.
I'm honestly not sure why there's so many guys in the room to begin with if they make it so easy to ignore them but really ridiculous to fight them.

PC FC, high wall, pass dsg as always, signs on the rafters

I'll take anyone over drakeunless you are him

fuck do you have more of that?

I'm not. Please actually come

Look up Setz.

Shoot it from down, it stays up...
Cut it from up, it falls down...

can I silvercat from this height?

Who's hosting?

You can sneak behind it and strike it to keep it up there too

how come sometimes when i hit opponents that are doing a jump attack they just finish the attack and also out damage my attack even if i hear the counter hit sound? is it just lag?

You can catch it before it falls down, just sayin.

Yes.

Silvercat ring worked fine.

...It was a ring I already had, what a bother.

repost for twinkiest twink build in ds2

for trashing and replacing with great farron dart, which is the second best sorcery in the game

witch crystal

Me, I don't see your sign here though

>ds2 twink
>no agape
what

>tfw infusions are going to get reworked with the new DLC patch

>All infusions may now be buffed.
>Raw and Raw-elemental infusions will now be granted scalings based on lowest level stat.
>Heavy infusion will increase scaling more, but increases weapon weight and stamina costs.
>Sharp infusion will increase scaling more, but lowers weapon durability and stability.
>Refined infusion will now deal overall less damage, but has lower stamina costs, lower weight, and marginally higher critical damage.
>Hollow infusion now lowers HP, FP, Stamina, and Absorptions slightly, scalings increased. Luck bonus increased, but no longer stacks.
>Non-Raw elemental infusions now have greater physical scaling, but lower base physical damage.
>Deep and Fire infusions and Dark and Chaos infusions have had their names swapped to better reflect their translations. (i.e. deep and fire now grant Int & Fai scalings, dark and chaos are now elemental-raw).
>Blessed infusion has been granted increased scalings, and now deals lightning damage in addition to its Health Point regeneration, which no longer stacks. Other effects unchanged.
>Simple infusion has been granted increased scalings in addition to its Focus Point regeneration, which no longer stacks.
>Crystal infusion no longer adds intelligence scaling and instead deals raw magic and physical damage.
>Lightning infusion no longer adds faith scaling and instead deals raw lightning and physical damage.
>Bleed infusion has increased auxiliary base damage and luck scaling, but can only improve existing bleed auxiliary.
>Poison infusion has increased auxiliary base damage and luck scaling, but can only improve existing poison auxiliary.

hard swap your life ring for agape ring after you take some damage.

This actually sounds good so you know it's total bullshit and nothing will happen to address how bad infusions work.

Most dangerous attacks?

>smough charge
>kalameet pounce
>manus dark bead

Any wombo combo

What are some good headpieces that match the Sunset armor? All I can think of is the assassin helm.

favor helm

There probably aren't any with how bad neck seams are

>smooch charge