/ORG/ : winter edition v5.0

Welcome to Off Road General where we do limited off roading because of cold and work. But we manage to do a lot of shitposting.

Post yourself on the map so that we can meet up and do some actual off roading:
zeemaps.com/map?group=2389619

Last thread:
>Jeep planned trip will be back in 10 days
>Taytay drama
>Cancerous shitposting
>Image limit actually reached after 250 posts for once
>Some offroad talk

No.16633140▶

(You)
Where in the desert is that?

Off Hwy 127 near Shoshone.
First time off road. Had a blast!

Cute hat

I accidentally tagged a post instead of the thread. Sry.

You made a big mistake

5u

user is that your dunce cap?

Some fucktard put that on my rig!
Do you think those locker thingies would help?

Yes, strap a locker to the top of the roof and it'll act as a theft/vandalism deterrent

That's why jeeps have them, because the older ones usually have open roofs and detachable doors which make them more prone to theft

WHY ARE YOU FUCKERS NOT POSTING OFFROADERS ITT

there's one right here, user

>meanposting about snowrolling general

>muh niceposting
>Muh off-topic pics
>Yee don't need expenseev mods becus granpappy nefer needed em
>Drives a 80's-90's stock C/K or Bronco
>Muh 302/ 305 veeee ayt POWEEERRR
>Still makes less torque than modern four banger
>More niceposting
Fuck all of you.

tfw the only offroading I can do in my area is tearing up some farmers field

I just wanna drive up some mountains

nice flagmount, user!

how much did that front tube bumper run you? i've been looking to set one up on my s-10

u mad?

Hey guys. What's a cheap land anchor that I can use to dig out of snow?

Is that ranger twin I-beam or SAS?

They're A bars. Definitely not SAS or it'd be a front flex, lol

Come to CA, we have mountains

Are we doing a Ranger Master Race thread??????

I wish, but the top guy is a taco :(

I don't see why not.

I don't see what y'all have to be so sour about it. You don't have to be in these threads, just fyi.

Ye he mad (for some reason)

Nothing wrong with tacos, user! We still have compact/midsize trug master race

>Nicetreadbud.rar
>Couldn't afford double cab
>Walmart-tier LEDs
>Wanted aftermarket wheels but couldn't afford
>Painted stock wheels black to compensate
>Always niceposting
>mounted CB antenna on bumper like a tramp
>Lives in cuckfornia
I think it's you who should be mad :^)

>trashes antenna placement
>doesn't even have his antenna on the roof for a proper ground plane
Come on dude

>Wheeling a vehicle with payments because you can't afford to build up a wheeler with cash

>Not having V8 power
>Point and laugh at this faggot

>1st gen Tacoma
>Make payments on it
Yes, I still make payments on a 15 year old truck that's been through 4 owners ;-)
>MUH VEEEEEE AAAYYTTT POWWWAAAA
Most mid 90' through early 2000's truck/SUV v8's make power in the low to mid 200's, with v6's trailing barely behind to the point of being negligible off road
>Laugh at this faggot
No u

Iunno, I kinda like the guy. I may disagree with a few points but he is right on a few others. Also doesn't stop us from nice posting.

There's the added benefit that this guy doesn't want to "legit murder" or "beat the shit out of" me this time like the last designated angrynon.

Yes! Rangercc mustard race when?

[spoiler]hard to be a mustard race when 2002-2008 Rangers were designed as cheaper fleeter vehicles compared to the F-150s and were built only for 25-50k and meant to die afterwards, though... Ranger super power by 2019?[/spoiler]

>hasnt even pulled the running boards
>b-but im a serious off r-roader g-guys

>Le rangers only meant for a few thousand miles meme
Literally fucking thousands on the road today well over 250k with only common maintenance. This meme needs to die.

>Running boards
>What are Nerf bars/rock sliders/Westin bars
Get rid of your skid plates while you're at it buckeroo, they just decrease your clearance

>using nerf bars as protection

>this faggot continuing to claim hes le suber hardcore while playing around 2 inches of snow

Nah bitch, 2 inches is what I gave your mom last night

>muh protective nerf bars
>muh 31 inch tires
>muh 2 inches of hardpack on an open soccer field
jesus christ kill yourself my man this is getting embarrassing

kekd

>I'd rather fuck my pumpkins/ shaft on a rock than a big fucking steel pipe mounted to my frame
>What is flexing for 600
>I am from Cali and don't know what freezing rain is
>Fails to post pics of own rig due to complete lack of mods
Mmkay...kid

im not him but hes right.
nerf bars and shit like brush guards are referred to as "damage multipliers" for a reason. if you hit something hard enough with it, it is going to crumple and smash into your door, fucking it up worse than if there was nothing there at all.
you seem very new to all of this but want to project an air of superiority over everyone else. its cringeworthy honestly.

fwiw ive posted my rig several times in these threads and it does have a few mods. i am confused as to why you think people are incapable of hitting the trails with stock rigs though? you are the one posting pictures that could be mostly accomplished with a fucking subaru in an attempt to justify all your "sick mawds"
im embarrassed my dude.

>muh mods
>a pig disgusting tube bumper (couldnt even afford arb lmao) and babby tier 31s

kek this is what he gets for meanposting

EAT SHIT FAGGOT

>Having no trail armor is superior

>Muh ARB everything
Aussie a shit

I feel bad can you anons stop pls. The guy is obviously a very slow redneck.

if youre honestly referring to your fucking nerf bars as armor than you are more delusional than i thought.
and yes, you are MUCH better off without things like brush guards and nerf bars because they make damage worse. this is fucking 101 man.

>i couldnt afford it therefore it is shit
>i got this cheap piece of shit made of tubes instead

On top of the fact that yes they are "damage multipliers" that fucking retarded sidestep is sticking out like 6 inches you dumbass. If you were actually doing anything serious that would get hung up on a rock and ripped off immediately. You are the biggest poser I have ever seen in these threads fucking lmao.

ummmmm . . . I like your truck.

KEK
I like how the one guy who decided to meanpost is getting completely destroyed.
Thats what you get for being a meanie

Holy shit I just realized thats not even an aftermarket replacement bumper its just a retarded brush guard cover sitting on top of the oem bumper.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH KYS!!

First it was the Jeeps,
Then came the Yoda's turn.
After that it was the 'burbs...
Now it's time to pass the torch to the Rangers?

Who's next?

>mad that he spent actual real money to increase potential trail damage and to top it off it doesnt even look good

>s-senpai

>Hater hating
>Nitpicking everybody

Judge me user!
JUDGE MY RUDOLF DIESEL user!

I'll start:
>Another niceposter
>Exploded oil cooler
>More fluid leaks than a broken condom
>Pathetic amount of tread left on muh KOs
>Sub 200hp
>Not even a Duramax....

my favorite part is that he is making fun of everyone with stock vehicles and yet his mods consist of fucking nerf bars and a $100 grill cover

ITT Pic related

>he bought the shitstain color edition
WEWLAD

The fleeters passed the rangers on and they kept going because the market still had a niche for small truccs. It's not a meme if Ford / Mazda made them for that raisin.

The end result is a bunch of uncomfortable ,cheap, small truccs that are either 2.3 or 3.0 very unpowered vehicles bought mainly for their bed.

x2
definitely not a meme. that was their intended build purpose. just bc people figured out how to limp along a shitheap doesnt mean they were made quality

That being said those old pre 2000 Rangers are pretty damn useful and reliable. Same thing with the 09-11 Rangers after they stopped being economically viable as fleeters (since the F-150 got so cheap). Tayner shares the same heart as those service and CAA / AAA service vehicles and those are bring driven up on 250000+ nowadays.

Granted, no fleet vehicle is ever marketed to go for hundreds of thousands of miles, it's not what the customer expects out of it. But this whole idea that Rangers were built to just fall apart after a few thousand annoys the hell out of me. They're not "limping along" at all, the post 02' 4.0 is one of Ford's best six's imo, and they're still being sold and built as good off road vehicles.

I didn't mean that they're built to fall apart. It's just that if we're doing a Mustard Race vehicle, it's hard to base it around the Ranger.

This is coming from a guy who owes a lovely 4.0 2010 mistress I am modifying with muh heart and soul.

>tfw
>driving downtown today at 7am
>some guy walking the same breed as the fast doggo of /ORG/ crossing walkway
>turns to me, taps my winch bumper and gives me a tumb oop
Thanks senpai. It's the little things.

>literally saying you have a 2in dick
>still using 'your mom' as a comeback
How's 8th grade going, slugger?

why would someone do this to their wrangler?

>nice tread
Meh I'll give you that
>couldnt afford double cab
Sorry, I sleep in my truck bed. Maybe a manlet like you can fit in a 4' bed but I need the 6'
>Walmart LEDs
And?
>shitting on my wheels
Right because your wheels are any better? I just wanted them in black.
>always niceposting
And?
>CB mounted to the bumper
It's mounted to the tailgate and it's a HAM radio
>lives in Cali
Yeah I'll give you that too

Either way i still don't know why you get off to shitting on this thread (and someone who basically drives the same truck as you)

how's it going /org/?

>Ranger master race
how does it feel to be a modern downscalled 8th gen with a v6

Didn't get one of the classes that I wanted this semester, but otherwise pretty gud. Might go to Otay again tomorrow since I don't have anything else to do

Silt anchors for boats

because they're a jk owner

thats a big wrangler, was getting it caught part of your plan?

You spilled your coke.

Also relevant: pic related. You hammer down each spike into the ground and tow from the tow point at the front. You can use either one spike or all seven depending on the terrain

user WHY DID YOU STEAL MY PICTURE

>First his car was stolen
>Now his picture

STOP THE HORROR THIS user HAS GONE THROUGH ENOUGH ALREADY!!!1!1!!1!!!!

Why would someone steal your shitbox.

I think it was a tractor at first

Even on the internet, nothing is safe

this

Mug shot

A N G E R Y

Reminds me of the type of people who are like pic related

A bit. Shake down was unsuccessful and I have to redo the injectors and a return hose from the turbo. THEN WE SHALL TRY AGAIN!

I feel ya. As necessary as they are, shake-testing is one of my least favorite parts about building an off-roader. I had to stop every 5 minutes when trying to rig-up a spare tire carrier because the tire kept coming loose. Not fun.

But MMMMMM that rear clearance

Godspeed, G-Deuce!

Daily reminder that mall crawlers are not allowed on this general

What does mall crawler mean

A mall crawler is a vehicle that a person has that looks like they go off-road but really the only use it to run over curbs at the local shopping center

In short it's any off-road truck that doesn't go offroad. Generally: lifted 4x4s with gigantic all-terrain tires that will never see a patch of mud in their lives. Bonus points if it's just the front end lifted and they have a "California Bro-lean" or "Carolina Squat"

I also like to include trucks that do go off-road on occasion, but they have a shit ton of light bars and armor when all they do is drive on dirt roads

don't forget the fact that they are 4-5 feet tall manlets

That's my picture you dick. I made that post. and my shitty Jeep is still fucking missing kms

You poor sod, I can't stop laughing

Also, how come I can't find any VIN threads, I wanna run my Jeep's VIN

Give it here

What do Veeky Forums? Obviously this isn't cut out for anything to crazy. I just want to get through some trails on dry days.

1J4FJ58S5ML511549

Lol okay now wat

Yeah, fired it up and ran it for 30 minutes before one of my injectors started making a clicking noise. the bump pad under it was shot. Replaced that. Also the hose we used has a split in one of the seams. Going to make napa replace it. I fucking hate NAPA. I prefer going to Oriles or however its spelled. NAPA always asks to many questions.

>"What kind of vehicle is it"
>"You don't have it, I need 1inch ID hose, no wire"
>"You would be surprised, whats the make"
>"Kaiser Jeep"
>"What?"
>"Kaiser Jeep"
>"AMC or Chrysler?"
>"Kaiser"

A normal day of walking into NAPA. Fuck me.

I unno. I just gave him my VIN, thinking that may net me a free VIN check