Which is Islam is the true islam? sunni, shia, or ibadi? also can you explain each one and what their differences are?

Which is Islam is the true islam? sunni, shia, or ibadi? also can you explain each one and what their differences are?

Other urls found in this thread:

bricktestament.com/the_teachings_of_jesus/on_the_law_of_moses/mt05_17.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Christianity.

Sunni is obviously the closest interpretation to the original form of Islam as taught by Muhammad.
It is also by far the worst sect.

Those would be related.

well the origin of the scissions come to the question of who was supposed to lead the Ummah after the dead of muhammad.
The Sunnis believed the caliph should be an Arab male from Muhammad's tribe, the Shia were supporters of following the bloodline of the prophet and the 3rd line (from where ibadism comes) said the caliph should be "chosen by God" so it should be the "best muslim" without importance of class or race.
the first 3 caliphs were pretty much undisputed but Ali ( cousin of muhammad) was murdered by a 3rd way supporter; at this point a civil war started between the Sunni (lead by the Umayyads) and the Shia (party of Ali).
This is the origin of the schism.

The Sunnis believe in the Quran (revealed teachings of God) and the Hadiths (teachings or practical cases of correct actuation by the saints or prophet itself); the Sharia might be the interpretation of those in order to make a law statement. IMO the sunni islam is a civil religion.
The Shia suffered many divisions and because of being the defeated party became kind of an heresy, many shia branches adopted elements like the Taqiyyah and sufi (mystical) stuff (check alevis or Druze).
The 3rd way, was always a minority it only succeed in Oman and some places of north Africa.

I'm not an expert but I hope I could have help you.
also sorry for my english I'm working on it

Nizari

what is wahabism and salafism that i keep hearing about being the current islam everyone hate?

It translates to 'fundamentalism.' In practice, however, it's "literally anybody who does something I deem remotely un-Islamic is a kaffir and therefore their corpses will decorate the city inshallah"

Not all Salafis are like that.
Americans making up a boogeyman of shit they don't understand.

well first of all Salafism is not the same than Wahabbism

Salafism are different schools of thought that search the "return to the primitive islam"
Wahabbism in the other hand is one of those schools that can be classified into the "salafi" movements, Wahabbism aims a puritanical and totalitary islamic society pretty much.

in both cases, you cannot describe this tendencies as political islam, since both started in the 18th/19th century.

Wahhabism was founded by Al-Wahab in the 18th century, the importance of this ideology comes from the aliance this man made back then with an arabic second-class tribe: The house of Saud. which after a failed uprising in the early 19th century finally seized the power in the arabian peninsula after the ww1. With the discovery of oil and in virtue of the pact al-Wahab and the Sauds made saudi arabia has been exporting its religious doctrine all over the world with mosques and religious schools.

Qur'an alone AKA God alone Islam.

Hadith are pure corruption, and should be summarily dismissed.

Make Islam great again.

Seriously hadith in most cases = pre-islamic Arab culture which includes a great number of idolatrous and non-islamic ideals.

The Qur'an itself says multiple times that it is complete and no other holy documents are required, but what do Arabs do after the prophet dies? Make up more books to follow, it's very nonsensical.

The problem comes after Hussein was assassinated in Karbala. This is where the real doctrinal differences make their appearance. After the death of Hussein his Shia allies (whom should've been there with him on that fateful day) started expressing their remorse and guilt for their lack of ability to save Hussein (entirely their fault, they didn't show up to the battle like they promised) and came up with the idea of physical repentance or martyrdom. Of course the Quran says explicitly not to kill yourself or you would be committing the faults of the Jews before them. So they devised running into battles knowing full well they will die. This is still evident today with how Shia shed their blood on Ashura. Then cones the hadith, sunni believe only the actions of the prophet must be followed while Shia believe it's all the imams (amount varies depending on sect, Iranians gave 12, Yemeni 6 and Ismaili have 42). The next biggest difference which came about during the Shia century (this period in time is critical to understand in order to formulate proper Shia thought) which is the concept of maj-something (stems from the Arabic root of knowledge, like mariffa where عرف is the root) which states that all the past rulings that don't apply today for any reason can be overturned if the imam deems it credibile (example would be swordfish, one of the Shia hadith are not to eat fish without scales, in the past because you can't see the scales of swordfish Shia wouldn't eat them. Now they can because of technology thus this hadith no longer applies).

what is the best quran and haddith to read if one cannot read arabic?i heard one by a guy called pike is good

>mfw I'm sunni and never heard of any of these sects

You mean Pickthall. Just get multiple translations. The Quran app on Android supports different translations.

Pic related has Quran translations. Most if not all have commentary. I personally recommend Asad. You should also take a look at the"Strudy Quran" by Seyyed Hossein Nasr.

Also if you want I can recommend you some books
in regard to hadith interpretation.

whats that got over the other? and yes pls recc i heard that the one in OPs pic was the best one

The English translations are difficult thing to explain. Most consider the translation of Yusuf Ali to be the most "authentic/best/acurate", but in recent times the Muhsin Khan tranlation seems to have supased it in "authenticy". I prefer Asad because of Asads quality commentary and he explains verses very well. It is just my personal prefference tought. All translations are good, so it does not really matter wich one you chose(though you should read multiple translations and interpretations to see another authors perspective). The Stuy Quran features a lot of interpretations and commentary, both Sunni and Shia, classical and mystic, mayority/mainstream/orthodox and minority/unorthodox etc. For readers with an open mind.

what are good resources for learning arabic? also is modern arabic fine for reading the works of sufis, and philosophers like avicenna?

Sunni is the closest. Shia was a sect created by a group that wanted to break away from the status quo at the time.

Pretty much this,quranism is supposed to be the legitimate way to go at it but sunni fucking shits (and to be honest every other sect aswell) puts too much priority on hadiths which they somehow find ok considering they outright contradict the quran in all manners and not only that but it also makes them follow some retarded obligations that only exist in hadith such as dogs being filthy and music being haram,circumcision is also not mentioned except in the hadith but this is arguable.

Why is ONLY Christians believe in Jesus? And follow the New Testament?
But Muslim religion,Orthodox Jewish religion, and Buddha religion, are KINDA synomous with each other, as well as the Old Testament of the bible?
They basically agree Moses got the Ten Commandments from God, and the rest is where it starts to differ.

Shiites were correct as far as succession, but Sunni are the closest to """""true""""" Islam as far as doctrine goes.

The picture features the popular books of sunni hadith. Shias also have their own hadith books(Kitab-al-Kafi). However take hadith and sira with a grain(a lot) of salt. The authenticy of a lot of hadith is questionable.The books I recommend in regards to hadith are"Misquoting Muhammad"Jonathan A.C. Brown and "Hanafi Principles of Testing Hadith" by Sh.Atabek Shukurov translated by Suleiman Ahmed, the books are somewhat different but should be of use to you. I have also some scholars I could recommend you, if you are interested ofc.

I have no idea how a non-Muslim can read about the history of Islam and think Ali wasn't supposed to be the first Caliph. I can get not wanting Ali's kids to be successors, but that happened after they started attacking Ali.

Hadith of the Pond of Khum is blatantly pro-Ali for the Caliph. Not sure how Sunnis don't notice.

Quranism.
The Hadiths represent a cancer that should be erased.

Quranist

Islam believes in Jesus.

Buddhism has nothing to with this.

Heck, the Quran even specifically mentions that he had been blessed with the holy spirit (Ruh-al-Qadus? iirc) which some interpretations understand as the angel Gibrael.

I never understood why Christians chose to worship the messenger.

Not to mention that Jesus literally told the people to follow the Law of Moses, he was just doing literally what the user says about the rest of religions.

what's the law of moses

To be fair, Christians don't follow Moses exactly. I mean they eat pork and shellfish.

The law of Moses never applied to gentiles.

shia
saudi arabia = source of everything bad in the ME
Iran = natural leader

Somewhere along the lines someone did some edits to the Bible to make it more 'accessible' to the public.

Some Christians I know abstain from both. People are actually giving up on pork and alcohol at least in my subjective view they have been.

bricktestament.com/the_teachings_of_jesus/on_the_law_of_moses/mt05_17.html

Here you go, enjoy this nice source

People doing it doesn't really mean it's allowed. Didn't you know that plenty of muslim rulers died due to problems related to alcoholism?

You're not gonna like the answer to this...

give it to me

No where in the Bible does it say abstain from alcohol.

Hell, Jesus turned water into wine for consumption at a party.

Basically this.

That's a cool party trick. But I'm not sure since I haven't read the Bible. Perhaps it mentions intoxication?

In the New Testament there are parts where they say to avoid drunkenness, but Jesus used wine as a metaphor for many things, so he wasn't against you drinking casually.

Sunnism retains more Hadiths, more times of prayer a day, and has a higher rate in general of fundamentalism (which is being truly of that faith). Sunnism by far, but this isn't saying that Islam is true in the first place. No religion is.
Ibadis are known for strict obedience to the faith, but do not take extra steps like a lot of Sunnis, so I would call them less Islamic in practice, I mean Omanis and Zanzibaris only follow one hadith in addition to the Quran! Sunnis have countless! To be honest, I prefer Alawites, because they put less pressure on women and support secular government more than any other sect of Islam (if you consider Sufis Islamic at all).

>if you consider Sufis Islamic at all
Sufis are, or at last have been , the backbone of Sunni Islam.

> claim their interpretation of the Quran comes from Ali
> basically neutral on who was the first Caliph

sufias are honorary shias

>Sunnism retains more Hadiths,

And wasn't it Omar who banned all hadiths and then back-tracked?