I'm going to drive from my house in Key West and go on a multi thousand mile road trip until i end up in Prudhoe Bay on...

I'm going to drive from my house in Key West and go on a multi thousand mile road trip until i end up in Prudhoe Bay on the Arctic Ocean.

Only problem is that I dont know what car to bring.

Hellcat? CTS-V Wagon? Giulia Quadrifoglio? 911? Viper? Somebody help me out here. Max limit of 200k for a car.

I think i want to take a gen 5 Viper but
>Viper
>Alaska

Other urls found in this thread:

thackerspeed.com/2014/09/07/a-comet-tale/
adn.com/environment/article/alaskas-summer-weather-very-hot-very-cold-very-wet/2014/10/01/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the only sensible answer is the only GT on there, the 911.

If dubs, AMC Eagle.

the problem i have with the 911 though is that its a european car on an american road trip

2 lincoln town cars welded together like a train
think of all the cargo space and all the bodies you can hide

Damn the file size.

>buying a $200,000 car just to get to Prudhoe Bay
>when google maps clearly states a plane ticket only costs $2,000

Are you stupid or something? Prudhoe Bay isn't even that nice a place.

either of the first two, whatever you prefer style wise.

I drove from Palm Springs to Indianapolis& back in a 10' vette....absolutely miserable experience. I doubt you'd make it to the Canadian border without regretting the fuck out of choosing a viper. My two cents.

arent corvettes supposed to be comfy?

1965 Comet, also don't be such a pussy, go from Ushuaia, Argentina to Fairbanks in 40 days
thackerspeed.com/2014/09/07/a-comet-tale/

stop making threads you alfa romeo shills kindly fuck off

pppfffffff. let me tell you about the refinement of corvettes in general, they're so bad that on older gens the corvette crowd considers fiero seats an update.

>spending 200k on a car for a roadtrip
>going through all the shittiest states just to end up in a shitty town

Seek the help of a doctor OP.

muh california

take the greyhound bus they have wifi now a days :^)

Are you trying to say that Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois are better than Cali and the southwest in general. Because they arent m8. kek

Giulia or the 9/11

>I'm going to drive from my house in Key West and go on a multi thousand mile road trip until i end up in Prudhoe Bay
Teenagers daydreamer self-entitled milksops like you are unauthorized to get onto the road into Prudhoe. It's a regulated area.

If you're going that far, why not add a couple thousand miles and a few days and drive up the pacific coast highway? It would be a whole lot more fun than just going on the freeway the whole time.

This.

>muh road trip
>goes on freeways the entire time
You'll never see anything of value like this. Small town life is what makes America great.

Thats not the route im taking, its a visual representation of a roadtrip, not the exact route i want to take

Ignoring that you aren't actually going to do this, taking a 500hp+ sports car on a 5,000 mile roadtrip is stupid. No matter what route you're going to take it will involve long stints on mostly straight roads, not ripping HEKTIK SKIDZ every thirty seconds. Literally any large sedan or SUV will work.

>taking a 500hp+ sports car on a 5,000 mile roadtrip is stupid
wrong

hilux

nice rebuttal

I own a GTR and would recommend a 911 turbo, or the R

>Driving the Dalton Highway in a car

faggots do that shit in scooters

>Prudhoe Bay on the Arctic Ocean.
There is no public road to the bay. You'll have to get permission from the oil company to drive to the bay.

They don't have windshields.

that's not hard they give tours for a few bucks

Drove up in 2015, you really don't need anything serious for it - just a couple of potholes and it gets a bit muddy in some places.

$69 to drive like 5 miles, sit you on a dirt strip of beach in a bay for 30 mins - fucking extortion

its the iciest motherfucker in alaska dude, all those cars you mentioned would start shitting themselves once you got north of vancouver

LMAO roadtripping a Viper for 5500 miles

I did a cross country trip this past summer in a ZJ Jeep and I had enough by the end of it. That was only 1800 miles too

It's not about the destination.

This entire thing is retarded

This. OP you're a sped.

Also drop top 55 caddy with a blown LS.

Just rug up.

I did 1300 miles in a fiesta st back in December. Honestly wasn't that bad, just slow assholes in the left lane is was made it miserable.

But to answer your question, I would go with something along the lines of a used continental GT

>"hello i like driving and big road trips with interesting cars"
>"fucking idiot take the plane instead, youre so fucking stupid"

Veeky Forums

why would you do highway driving in a fiesta st?
take back roads instead and look for space away from major highways

I needed to be somewhere in 1 day, no time for back roads.

My trip is better than yours

are you going alone OP? let me tag along, ill bring my van

lol I did VA to central AK in a Saturn ion.

Frost heaves are no joke on the Alcan. I wouldn't want a super low car.

Also when I was on my trip 87 octane was $4/gallon, but I didn't realize that Canada charged by the liter. So that was a bit costly.

Leave in may.

you need to get a convertible is what you need to do

911 Targa or Corvette Stingray (which I believe also has a targa top)

911 GT3RS the AWD will save your ass

Diesel S Class

a subaru of some sort

cheap to fix and easy to maintain

anything else is stupid

Listen up son, I've driven from Orlando to Anchorage and all around Alaska. In a 2003 Mustang GT 5spd with 47k miles. It took 10 days of driving 10-12 hours a day. Sometimes a little more but at least 10. It was around $800 in gas, dozens of stops, an oil change, and right around 5,200 miles. The route we took was Going from Orlando, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, British Colombia and then into Juneau Alaska and then into Yukon and back in Alaska again. You will need a fuck ton of food because gas station food gets expensive. We drove in April 2016 so it was pretty chilly but tolerable. Bring lots of water, wet wipes, tools in case shit happens ( nothing happened to my car ), tire plugs, chains, shovels, jerry can, compass and maps oh my god maps man. A fuck ton of maps. We spent a good amount of money on maps. You don't have signal ANYWHERE in the countryside. The only way to guide you is be alert of maps and your compass and know the route. A wrong turn into the wrong road will cost you a lot of time. Some of our wrong turns were good though. We took a wrong turn for 4 hours and saw GREAT scenery in British Colombia until we found out how to get to the Alaskan border.

Anyways, ask me anything. If you're curious, I sold the car as a Florida car for $2200 more than what I paid for it in Anchorage and then flew back home with my buddy.

Still doesn't explain why you can't fucking see the Pacific coast highway

Why are you on Veeky Forums? Road trips are fun as fuck. Live your dream OP. I say porsche 911 s because dat butt.

>also

This.

a comfy van obviously

when there are big stretches without gas stations do you fill up jerry cans and keep them in the trunk or on the roof of the car or was range not really an issue?

We actually only used it once. And that was to go fuck around in the interior of AK. We didn't really need it but we kept it full then just in case.

Not on the roof. The last thing you want is potential hail penetrating the can and having your car reek of gas forever.

all black 1998 Volvo s70 glt

or the hellcat, as long as it's black

do it on a scooter

why dont you drive through the center of austraillia?

Why not the '93 Corolla you actually own?

>maps everywhere

Why didnt you just buy the milepost?

I'll give you the best advice but only if you show me your "wanderlust" ankle tattoo

>It would take less miles to go through Arizona
>Yet the same amount of time

wat

I always wanted to buy a car in straya and go for an offroad adventure

This program is retarded. Or too smart for it's own good.

What u said is completely subjective, so you may not be wrong but you're sure as fuck not right

I'm gonna go with 'retarded.'

There you go. PCH adds 1500-2,000 miles and 35 hours.

What is traffic you moron.

Get the most comfortable station wagon 200k can buy, so you can bring plenty of shit and sleep in it when necessary.

Viper for the memes.
But seriously the Viper.

Winrar

Winrar

Buy a bloody camper van you fatlard.

You're going to die user.

There's nothing beyond Fairbanks. The towns aren't actual towns, they are little portable shacks set up by some rocks for research, some of the roads aren't paved and/or are icey as hell, and I'd be surprised if there were even gas stations let alone pit shops.

The absolute most hilarious thing is that the Hellcat is your top choice for this trip. Fuckton of torque RWD on icey roads. Sub 20mpg. Fairbanks to Prudhoe Bay is 500 miles one way. Good luck. Hope there's gas along the way (don't hold your breath for 93). Also barely any space for supplies. And where the fuck you gonna sleep? Prudhoe Bay isn't a town, it's an oil station.

You're gonna die user.

Here's one of the "towns" along the way. Oh god my fucking sides if this autie goes through with it.

Hope you bring a reserve fuel tank, a sat phone, a gun, plenty of food among other supplies. You gonna need it.

my fucking sides the final stretch is gonna kill him especially after putting 5000 miles on whatever car he gets a few days prior.

seconded

If you're going to do the haul road up to deadhorse get a van or something.

There's gas in Coldfoot, then 250 miles of nothing until deadhorse. Also it's not typically icy there in the summer, except occasionally over atigun pass. There are a couple small motel things in deadhorse.

I was planning to ride to deadhorse next year on my motorcycle but life got in the way.

>Next year
Fuck it's 2017 already, was gonna do it June-July of this year

I just took a road trip in my 991.1 and I have to say it's a great around town sportscar, but on road trips it's not very comfortable. The seating position and the seats are pretty hard, and I even have the 18 ways.

these roads look better than 99% of what I drive on

t. russian

You can't drive to the bay at all, you pay a ridiculous sum, like $70 I think to go on a monitored trip to the bay.

Yeah, seems like a pickup truck with saddle tanks is the way to go.

I just paid like 25 bucks worth of tolls just to go down the damn turnpike in Florida, 70 bucks isn't that bad.

First of all, those all sound like they'd be hell to spend 186 hours in, not including anywhere you go on the way. Get something cheap and comfy so you have more money to be not driving here and there.

You'll spend more time in Canada than America from the looks of it.

>I've never been outside of Cali

You've obviously never driven through MN or WI. Granted, WI is heavily freeway from the looks of that map, but there's plenty to see on the way. The Minnesota leg has virtually zero freeway.

>Having a fast car on straight roads allowing you to go fast is stupid.

Words, idk. I walked away and lost interest in the thread as a whole.

Technically Canada is part of North America the continent

Well that sucks about the tolls but this is $70 for them to shuttle you a couple miles and stand in the sand for a few minutes.

>was planning to ride to deadhorse next year on my motorcycle
>ride to deadhorse next year on my motorcycle
>motorcycle
>motorcycle
>motorcycle

Oh god. RL isn't Veeky Forums user. Mother nature is incredibly unforgiving. I realize that deadhorse hit 85F the past summer but you can't rely on that. Cold fronts set in even during the summer. One summer, the temperature hit sub 30Fs. Then you could get a lot of rain. Then you need to remember even thou Alaska is USA it's still outside of civilization, the middle of nowhere ESPECIALLY when you go north of fairbanks. Any type of problem - tire blowout, dead battery, highway robbery, fucking grizzly bears - and you are stuck dealing with it yourself. I don't even know if triple A will drive that far out.

When you watch all these top gear / grand tour roadtrips (which pale in comparison to what you want to do), you realize they bring 5 or more range rovers loaded with supplies, bodyguards, and auto repair professionals, right? And it's not just 500 miles to Prudhoe Bay. It's 1000 miles there and back. A lot of risk for anything to go wrong user. I'm with you in the sense that this would be an extremely cool trip but you need to plan it a whole lot better. And have a bunch of money too.

If I did it, I'd bring at least 3 other friends. 2 cars - both range rovers diesels fully serviced in fairbanks. Extended full tanks, extra spare tires, first aid, hunting rifles, MREs, sat phones, a bunch of other shit not coming to mind.

You have a deadwish if you want to go on a motorcycle by yourself.

>dat Darien gap tho
Almost possible, too lazy to click link. I know 2 guys who did exactly that but on big BMW bikes.

no roads there
1st gen vw type 2

It's an amazing touring car.

There's a difference between a sports car and a GT. Take the latter.

do it in a fucking range rover sport or merc g63 or ford raptor still fun to drive but can actually get you out of bad spots

Minimum. I think the 2017 RAM gets the best MPG at 24 highway.... but that doesn't mean you will get 24mpg. With all the supplies and copilots you hauling around, high teens at best. The Ram has 30 gallon fuel tank, so that's roughly 600 miles (which you won't see). Probably get 500 miles which is almost the entire distance one way. What if you reach that gas station in deadhorse and the attendant is all like "sorry we out of gas." GG. Gotta turn around and go home or wait til the tanker comes around.

Also, where is he gonna sleep? I doubt he'll make the entire 1000 mile trip there and back in one day. Gotta pull over and make a tent. Gets cold at night user, let's make a fire. Fires attract wild animals. Don't forget to bring a rifle or gun. etc

Again this is a cool idea but don't go into it unprepared especially on a damn motorcycle or hellcat (which is a fun car but not the right car to take).

Well, there are people who go on much crazier motorcycle trips alone, but that user doesn't sound qualified.

>implying that land mass is real
I see through your deception and photoshop skills
What country did you shoop to make it look like this "australia"?

adn.com/environment/article/alaskas-summer-weather-very-hot-very-cold-very-wet/2014/10/01/

Summer in Alaska 2014:
>Sixty-five inches fell there this summer, near twice what's normal. That's about 5 1/2 feet of rain, or an average of about half an inch of rain per day every day all summer.

>Glennallen experienced freezing conditions at least once every month of summer, the weather service reported. It was the first time in the last 16 years that June, July and August had all seen the thermometer dip to 32 or colder.

Good luck

Exactly.

Just because someone climbed Everest before doesn't mean it's safe for everyone to climb all of a sudden.

For a real properly equipped expedition, it should be no problem but this fool wants to take a HELLCAT. A HELLCAT. Someone else talking about bringing their motorcycle. MY SIDES. Yah lemme just climb Everest real quick in my bathing suit.

I guess it depends on how big the saddle tanks are. But, maybe a camper top also with an electric heater. Although not sure how saddle tanks AND a camper top would work. Plus the camper tops weigh a lot, unless someone makes a carbon fiber & foam core one or something.