I just lost to a 6th gen Golf GTI with my 08 Sonata 3.3L V6

I just lost to a 6th gen Golf GTI with my 08 Sonata 3.3L V6.

GTI:
>FWD
>I4 Turbo
>200 hp @ 51000 RPM
>207 lb ft. torque @ 1800 RPM
>3160 lbs
>DCT/Manual (?)

Sonata
>FWD
>V6
>235 hp @ 6000 RPM
>226 lb ft. torque @ 3500 RPM
>3458 lbs
>5 spd auto

Doesn't seem like I should have lost. I was gaining on him around 60mph but this is on a public road so didn't matter.

german engineering wins again

I'm thinking of buying a V6 Camry to replace it. Seems like an upgrade in every way while retaining comfy 4 door status.

korean pigfat landbarge loses to lighter german turbocharged godmobile
someone call somebody!

The gti probably puts the power down better

Your car has a lower HP to weight ratio and he may have had fresher tires.

i'd get a maxima or an accord desu
8th gen accords started having 270ish hp

>Sonata

that's...not what they're for

The GTI has shorter and lower gearing plus an extra gear.

You truly are your brother's son if you believe that either one of these shit boxes can lose traction. The tires don't mean shit. I drive a Lexus GS300 which has the same power to weight as a Sonata but it is RWD, and my tires can only slip for a fraction of a second.

i won a highway pull against a mustang in my brz because he was limited to 120 mph and i was able to keep going

FWD cars lose traction very easily under acceleration. One of the main reasons why I will never understand people buying FWD sports cars.

I have a '13 V6 Camry. I can't imagine it'll be that revolutionary of a difference in driving experience, other than maybe some interior goodies.

theyre fwd fuckface even a weaksauce i4 can do a peel moving at 20

Is it a v6? Does it feel like a low 14 second car?

With shitty tires my old 170hp forte could spin em

I'm not much of a racer beyond having fun taking off, but according to google it is indeed a low 14 second car.

FWD
V6
268 horsepower @ 6200rpm
248 lb-ft torque @ 4700rpm
3395 lbs

It's basically 5 years of advancement. The power difference is definitely present, but I question how noticeable it is.

>51000 rpm
Jesus fucking Christ no wonder you lost, I'm surprised he didn't take off.

>'I have a '13 V6 Camry'
> 'is it a V6'

Nigger what is wrong with you

Responded to the wrong poster, nerd.

wait, what? Are you retarded, or do you just fail at trolling?

peak power to weight isnt everything. how quickly you reach peak power and how wide that band of good power delivery is makes a big difference.

>hot hatch with superior specs vs shitbox dd commuter mom car

Not trying to be a cunt but your Sonata was not designed to be a quick car. GTi has better gearing and weighs less. Also likely has a superior transmission, and produces power sooner than the Sonata.

Sorry dude

What kind of shitty V6 mustang is limited to 120?

What are gear boxes?

He won because hr maxes out his torque at a lower rpm and your car is heavier

my jetta tdi and kia, each with about 140hp, EASILY lose traction. have you honestly never driven a fwd car? wtf

Peak horsepower is only at one point for each gear. Power curve is more important.

>Mazdaspeed 3
>260 hp w/ 275 ft/lbs of torque
>3100 lbs
>manuel~
>locking diff in the front from an rx8

btfo by mazda once again

All 2005- 2014s

stop racing people in your hyundai lmao

CRINGELORD

>51000 rpm
What the fuck this thing be?!
German engineering I swear can' understand this shit.

FWD does fine under light acceleration, better than RWD. And FWD does better at putting down bursts of torque.

But under constant acceleration the center of gravity of the car shifts to the rear. This means the front becomes lighter and the rear becomes heavier.
This is why Mid-engine cars can accelerate so hard from a standstill. They have the perfect recipe for straight line acceleration.

If you took an MR2 and a Civic. Gave them the same engine and made sure the weight was the same, the MR2 would win because it's going to have much better grip from a standstill.

This is highschool physics m8.

sonata looks nice desu

I've driven a 6th gen gti turbo on tougay and it's quick and nimble.
Fuck the pedals setup. Germans don't want you to have fun.

The GTI engines tune very well

Big heavy car with a not so powerful V6.

You can't just stick a V6 in any boat you want and think it will be fast.

No way! I'm fucking researching this shit desu.
The Mustang is my dream car that I hope to get when I turn 25. If this is the case I'm fucking bailing out on Ford.

Well the 2017 UK v8 and Ecoboost can reach 145mph (limited). So... Still muh realistic dream car senpai

Your car is heavier, autobox probably has a slow shift, gti probably produces more horsepower to the wheels, your engine likely no longer produces 235hp anymore etc

>Also likely has a superior transmission
Definitely has a better transmission

Most cars are limited to around 120mph because manufacturers want to include cheaper all weather tires

>comparing a boring family sedan to a hothatch

all pre 2010 KIA/Hyundai cars are pretty terrible and im being nice. I really wouldn't buy anything built before 2012.