Woman Calls 911 because she forgot to take her foot off the gas

youtube.com/watch?v=ovRu_a3-p8E

>crossover drivers

Other urls found in this thread:

popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a7890/if-you-shift-an-automatic-while-driving-will-you-damage-your-engine-11413677/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just turn off the car....

>shit driver
>loses power steering, brakes, everything at over 100 miles an hour

really just stop accelerating

You don't lose brakes when you turn off the car faggot

brake-by-wire is illegal

power steering loss isn't a big deal at 100mph, its super easy to turn the car at those speeds

Guess you're too young to remember the ignition switch lawsuit with GM.

Clearly toyota's fault.

As long as you don't engage the steering wheel lock, turning the car off is a completely reasonable solution.

>put the transmission in neutral
>profit????

Had that bullshit happen in my colorado a whole bunch of times. Clutch in restart car everything is fine. Only ever liked to turn off doing 70 on the highway. Don't have that truck anymore

It won't let you turn the key all the way, you'll turn it to the second position and you'll still have steering control. Even if its locked you can at least giggle it a few inches in each way.

this is an even easier answer

>wait for a long straight stretch
>get into right hand lane
>put hazards on
>turn car off, then into mid position preventing key lock
>glide into shoulder while braking

gee, how difficult.

>power steering loss isn't a big deal at 100mph, its super easy to turn the car at those speeds
no.

Yes.
Fucking idiot.

It's harder to turn a car with no power steering at low speed, not high.

t. guy who drives a 1971 with no power steering every day

no
I've been in that situation before.
Non-powered power steering=/=manual steering rack.

did her pedal ACTUALLY get stuck or did she legitemately just not break decelerate and break? What the fuck?

You were in a runaway car where all you had to do was lift your foot off the accelerator?

see

>Non-powered power steering

I have a depowered rack in my track car, it's not bad, even with the 15:1 ratio

Either your weak or talking out of your ass

Sure its hard to steer, but you just take 2 hands and turn the fucking wheel, its not immobile after PS dies.
t. someone whos ranger lost power steering and is pretty scrawny

>You were in a runaway car where all you had to do was lift your foot off the accelerator?
No, the engine died.

>see
That's cool but i have a 1974 car that hasn't run in almost 20 years and the power steering still works because it's hydraulic.

No shit but it's dangerous and much more difficult to steer than powered power steering.

>No shit but it's dangerous and much more difficult to steer than powered power steering.

No question, but it still isnt a huge deal at 100 MPH, you can easily keep it with the lane at that speed

I don't want to be in a lane with no power steering at 100mph, even if i can yank the wheel in whatever direction i want.
It's not about the lack of control but the lack of fine adjustment.

>brake-by-wire is illegal
no it isn't. The Alfa Romeo Giulia has brake by wire.

>brake by wire
Absolute cancer

Apparently Mercedes made mostly illegal cars in the early 00s, can't believe they got away with it. Why do people make up fake facts on the internet?

You'll redline the transmission of course and wreck it.

Turning the car off (if that is allowed) by moving the key is the best approach. You will then have manual steering and manual brakes. But that will let you salvage the car instead of having to pay for a new transmission if it is out of the 3 year warranty.

>You'll redline the transmission of course and wreck it.
>redline
>transmission

>what is rev limiter

bait

not the guy you're arguing with but damn you are weak and dumb

obviously the wastegate would pull ignition timing on the transmission to prevent overboosting

>not the guy you're arguing with but damn you are weak and dumb
no

literally any vehicle with regenerative braking is brake-by-wire

how stupid are you? you have fine adjustment, it's just going to be heavier.

>how stupid are you?
Clearly not as much as you.
Powered steering will always be easier than dead power steering.
Why are you even arguing this?
I never said it was impossible btw

Nobody ever said dead power steering was easier than power steering. What user said was that no power steering at speed is easy, much easier than no power steering at a dead stop. Which is the complete truth. If you can't turn a non power steering wheel at speed, you are a pansy boi.

Most people knew you meant redline the engine since the automatic transmission is no longer connected to the engine in neutral. Modern cars should have a rev limiter, so the engine will scream at that limit but of course you're going to stop the car and turn it off ASAP.

popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a7890/if-you-shift-an-automatic-while-driving-will-you-damage-your-engine-11413677/

Anyways, if you collide with anything at speed, the engine is going to be damaged anyways. So you might as well go to Neutral and then brake as hard as you dare without losing control. Hopefully as you slow down you can get to the side of the road to avoid some high speed rear ending by a meth head or cellphone user.

I've had my new car for a year now, and have had five close calls with cellphone users. They suck. Sure, it's lunchtime traffic and they are calling ahead or checking with who is coming to lunch, but damn it all.

Why do we let women drive?

boi i have a car from 1961, i know what not having powersteering is like and it's still easier than dead powersteering. That's all I'm saying so ride dis dik.

>what is accessory for $100 dollars?

i wonder if Veeky Forums is just a bunch of faggy kids who just got their first shitbox and think they're "car guys"

Stop. You lost so hard. Suicide watch ever how will recover BTFO GM fangirl vs. Corvette Le Mans V6 > V8.

is it not?

>Stop. You lost so hard.
no, you fags have to blow everything up like it's an argument to save your life or some shit.

Wishful thinking on my part.

>>put transmission in neutral
>You'll redline the transmission of course and wreck it
>redline the transmission
>transmission
>redline

EVEN IF YOU MEANT ENGINE MOTHERFUCKER IF YOU TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF THE GAS AND GO INTO NEUTRAL NOTHING HAPPENS HOLY FUCK

Jesus christ you're so fucking stupid. Just stop

btfo

sales ((( )))

Where in the video does it say that she was pressing down on the accelerator? It sounded like the accelerator was stuck depressed and she had to lift it with her hands to unstick it. Also she attempted to put it in neutral and couldn't get it to move. Did anyone actually watch the video?

Thats simply just not true, you have never driven a car without power steering have you.

If you are doing driving faster than 30 mph your steering capabilities are exactly the same, same rack, same pinion, same steering play

>Thats simply just not true
false.
>you have never driven a car without power steering have you.
My Dad had a 1961 Impala a while ago. I would drive it some times, so yes i have driven a car without power steering.

>If you are doing driving faster than 30 mph your steering capabilities are exactly the same, same rack, same pinion, same steering play

having driven a car with dead power steering as well i can tell you that's not true whatsoever.

I doubt you've ever sat behind the wheel of a car desu

Why couldn't she punch it down to 2 for some engine braking, and then turn off the engine once she's down to like 60ish and use the brakes
That way she's going fast enough for the steering not too be affected too badly but slow enough to properly brake

>she

There's your answer

My Jetta's steering column locks when the car is off. Enjoy dying if you have to do something other than go straight. Also good thing I'm in a manual transmission car, I'd just slam that fucking thing into neutral and blow it up before dealing with that shit.

something is extraordinarily wrong if the accelerator is stuck, AND your gear shift won't go into neutral

>the internet
You answered your own question.

jettas are fucking retarded period m8

Drove my friends because he was too drunk and i stalled it once, turns out if you stall the fucking manual you have to come to a complete stop, take the fucking key out of the ignition and then restart the car

actually that's pretty true

true manual steering is easier to steer than a broken power steering system.

And its still easy to steer a broken power steering system

>exceptin the video would actually be what OP had in the title, turns out I was lied to

broken hydraulic power steering system*
For now my ruse is revealed, this whole thread i was talking about electric power steering.

Seriously, this dude acts like he's trying to steer an up-armored humvee from a dead stop with no power steering. And the steering wheel is wet.

Maybe if you drive a car someday you'll realize why i'm right.

yer wrong son, when i was younger i lived dat shitbox life and i drove a car where the powersteering pump literally siezed and i could still turn the fukking wheel m8

>They told her to lift up on the accelerator and push down on the brake and it worked.

>i drove a car where the powersteering pump literally siezed
Hydraulic =/= electric power steering.

>didn't shift in neutral
what a fat faggot

>Veeky Forumstists having shitboxes to begin with

You wish, nigger.

K

for the same reason we let the 50% of men that are complete idiots drive

I'm a twig and whenever my shitbox gives up on life I can still steer it with no issues

I had to drive an old F800 that decided to break a bolt in the block and take all the belts with it. 8 ton truck, broken hydraulic power steering, surprisingly not terrible (granted it was only a few hundred feet)

Did any of you idiots watch the video to 1:00? She specifically states that she can't get it to shift into neutral.

I have removed my power steering and a/c belt because the pump is leaking fluid and I have had to order a replacement from another country

My wife daily drives it and we have roads twistier than a European town.

She can barely even do one single push up yet she can handle a car designed with power steering that has lost power steering.

Once you loose hydraulic steering you loose all assisted power. Same thing with electrically assisted. The differences between the difficulty of steering the two while unassisted is only the ratio and the weight of the vehicle

He's right on that one though. A manual rack is easier to turn than a dead/depowered PAS one, since on latter you also have the resistance of the stationary hydraulic fluid. That being said, all of them should be feather light at speed, and if you can't turn them something is very wrong with you.

I doubt she really even knew how to do it or what it meant

What about in second position (the key I mean)
Also
>Buying a Jetta

She could have shifted to 2 and used Engine breaking

>lift up on the accelerator while pushing in the brake

Whoa, must take a real genius to think of that.

>Amerifat education

So many questions, did she even try to turn the ignition off?

This if its hydraulic power steering it wont turn no matter how far you have the steering wheel turned when the cars off.

LOL

Not really. The reason why a steering with a dead power steering is more difficult to turn is the steering ratio.

The hydraulic resistance is near zero because the hydraulic pressure comes the pump. Once the pump is dead there is no pressure. It's not like a sealed system like a hydraulic jack.

With your front end off the ground turn the steering wheel with your hand (you could probably use your little finger) and that's how much "hydraulic resistance" you have

I don't know anything about automatic transmissions, but can't you just put it in neutral?

Yes, some old trans hurt themselves in shifting from d to n but only if they are older than mid 80s for the most part.

Put foot on clutch, problem solved.

>taking that bait

So she's fucking retarded then?

you expect people in burgerland to drive manuals?

Ouch..

Never drove an auto (because youropoor). Can somebody explain to me how the fuck she was not able to to lift her foot from the accelerator?

American, they are fat and week combine the two and you get someone who can't even loft their own foot.

What? Power steering doesn't replace the steering column it's an assistance, every road car lets you steer with the engine off. It's like power assisted brakes your foot can still activate the brakes with the engine off using the hydraulic system.

>
No it doesn't, like Mercs it has brake by wire assistance not brake by wire.

So she choose risking her life and those of others instead of fucking up her car?
You guys have some fucked up people over there.

How do you know? You weren't there. She said she tried everything.

Even called her husband. She goes down the highway at 115 for a long fucking time and yet all of Veeky Forums thinks they know exactly how to stop it.

Automatics are terrifying.

>She said she tried everything.

>and then the 911 operator told her to try lifting up on the "stuck" accelerator and pressing down on the brake
>and it worked!

>Steering wheel started to shake
Literally no reason this would have happened, especially before
>The vehicle then began to speed up

>I can't get it to move (into neutral)
Bullshit. Again, zero reason.

>Take your foot off the brake and hit the brakes
>It works

Fucking women, man. How is this newsworthy?