>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound

>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

sportrider.com/sportbikes/2012-literbike-comparison-superbike-slugfest
youtube.com/watch?v=WaBTHu9JSB0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>montecristo #4 cigar

It's incredibly dank T. Swizzy bro. I'm going to be ordering another box soon, but not sure what to go with. Any recommendations?

Third for DOOCARTY

I don't get the appeal. Not with the prices for maintenance and such

I already bought used for my beginner bike, I want to buy new and I'd buy a 2017 CB650 if I could but I don't want to wait another 8 months.

The dealership wants $6300 for a 2016 CB500F but only $4700 for a 2015. The price is just too tempting desu lad

So with Semi-Automatic bikes, the benefit is that when pulling away you don't need to pull the clutch in and find the biting point?

When I smoked I ordered Hoyo Epicure No2's from a guy in the Canaries
are cubans still illegal?

You bought a used beginner bike, of course it's beat to fuck. That's why you buy a well taken care of more advanced bike now that you've learned how to ride.

>still making threads with the trip on after you've been told not to and explained why you shouldn't
This is exactly why everyone hates jews.

G O D B I K E
O
D

B
I
K
E

Eh the embargo is lifted I think but it's not the easiest to get.

Cogarsofhabanos.com my dude. It's the shit.

I'm pretty sure the first valve check is 15k. pretty maintenance free for what was a 20k superbike when it came out.

14th for stealing pictures off facebook because I'm actually a nobike.

the original bikes with semi auto clutches were the honda cubs, they were designed to be operated with one hand so that the other hand could hold the noodles being delivered. There's an episode explaining this on james may's cars of the people. This is why a lot of service bikes like the CT110 which we use to deliver post in australia have semi-auto clutches too.

The other bikes that mainly have semi auto clutches are designed for children because clutches are complex for 3 year olds.

You pay yourself to work on your bikes?

They're the same price as every other shop. Learn how to work on your own things. Turns out cool stuff is expensive! Who would have guessed?

It's Italian so that means it's good because it's exotic.

Personally if I wanted an expensive European bike I'd get the BMW1200 RS instead of Ducati 1199.

oh and I also forget the one outlying example which is the rekluse clutch for enduro bikes which is designed to make very low speed off road shenanigans easier for plebs.

Autoclutches on dirtbikes make you able to go places no normal clutch would go. Combine one with a trials tire and you are in business.

If you can service Desmo valves on your own, good for you.

You're acting like it is hard. You can watch a youtube video can't you? The hardest part is getting to them.

Why are you quoting? I wasn't arguing new vs used.

its not good because its exotic its good because it was a good bike.

>14th for stealing pictures off facebook because I'm actually a nobike.
I read some silly stuff on the rare occasion I open these threads. Surely no one actually said (and believed) this about you... Surely.

I'm not arguing, I'm just saying if you're moving up, move up not laterally.

I'm sure it's possible, I'll pass though. If you can do it though, go for it. I'd just rather not.

>idk what I'm talkin about
Ftfy

Reading is so difficult!

fuck the service price, 1199's are not particularly fast for the price. They never were, 1299 and 1199R, totally. Base 1199, nah.

sportrider.com/sportbikes/2012-literbike-comparison-superbike-slugfest

They don't make that much power and they're fussy to ride so you'll cut faster laps on more "pleb" bikes like the bloody old cbr1000rr.

>inb4 who cares about the track

1199 panigales are uncomfortable george foreman grills for your nutsack on road.

You can't even change oil right so your opinion carries little weight.

You buy one because they are cool. You're not a professional racer.

It was a smart design for city riding with stop and go traffic.

But then the engineers said just go on an automatic scooter you fucks.

True
>Tfw truck hasn't leaked oil in like 5 months
Feels good man.

Fuck you and your truck you cocksucker I'm so tired of seeing your stupid ass tripcode go the fuck outside and get into a fatal car crash thank you god bless

Done ;)

what do you mean, they're totally right. ;___; I've been EXPOSED

WHEN ARE THEY COMING OUT HONDA

FUCK

Fucking neck yourself and stop trying to make conversation so desperately, go fuck a toothless hooker and get tetanus

can't steal pics from facebook if you don't have facebook in the first place

these modern monkey bikes look heavy to be honest.

slowclap.gif
Are clubmans on my fiz09 a shit idea? the fucking woodcraft clips ons are like 250USD or some shit and its not even clip ons. its a plate that bolts to the triple. And then I still need to rework or modify the clutch and brake lines.

Justin stop making threads with your trip on because more than half of dbt has you filtered.

>speeding up the video so your riding looks faster
kek

releasing a few days after honda releases this : ^ )

they weigh about the same as your 300

pretty damned heavy for such little bikes i was thinking like 70kg i have never even bothered googling their specs lol

The grom weighs 220lbs, pretty sure that scrambler concept weighs even less.

This. Grom,z125 and the kymco are all like 230 pounds or more.

Wanna join me BB ;)

>shit taste in movies, bikes
>democrat

>resorting to this
you can do better user

>service price
I dunno, it doesn't seem too bad desu. £280 for the 7,500 mile service, and £390 for the 15,000 mile valve clearance service is pretty good.

They're not really like the old monkey bikes. I don't think anyone would even call them that. They're more like a regular sized 125cc except with mini meme wheels.

yeah they're not for me, I'd rather have that 100 kg or so spread out a little further, the other thing is they're not really that small, they just look it so it's not like riding a monkey bike.

What would be a better first bike? CB650, XS650, or ZR550

I'm saying fuck the service price as in ignore the service price, because the 2nd hand outright price for an 1199 panigale is not justifiable for it's performance, which is about on the level (or below) of a gsx-r1000 or a cbr1000rr they've barely updated since 08/09 and can be had for peanuts in comparison.

They're also fussy to ride so they're not easy to ride fast.

Z50

kinda makes them pointless imo, the appeal of monkey bikes is you can easily put them in your car and take them everywhere you go

they're essentially scooter/underbone alternatives for the thai market.

They caught on as memes with americans because they've never fucking seen a small displacement bike until now.

>they've never fucking seen a small displacement bike until now
M8 my first bike was 125, and we've had 125s here forever. They just don't feel because they all look gay and try to be big bikes with low power.

When the groom came out, it made no bones about being a small, spunky bike. That being said, I can't understand why you'd buy one at 3300 when you can find a previous year cbr300r for like 3600

Sup kitty kat

>Indian brand cigars
Y tho

Because they knew people would buy um m9

cuz ur a faggot

wew who would buy this

Someone who enjoys two different hobbies equally?

you must not really like motorcycles then if it's about as fun as inhaling smoke.

I don't smoke either

what's the point then

Good /dbt/-related reading material? Currently going through Zen and Motorcycle Maint., awesome book, nice balance of interesting talk and riding talk.

Recommendations?

Am I doing it right?

To smoke I'd assume. They're not mine. Just a pic I found on the internet. You gonna be able to sleep good now?

Could I go wrong in buying this for $3k? '77 CB750

Someone who enjoys smoking cigars probably wouldn't buy promotional item cigars that are more than likely poor quality

I know a few cigar snobs. You're pretty wrong

Stealing speed - mat oxley
Pushing the limits - Casey stoner

and if you want to learn to ride better, maybe motovudu.

Obviously my suggestions are mostly centered around the racing side of things.

The main question would be do the bar ends hit the tank at full lock?

I inverted mine, which I catch shit for but they're comfortable and I think they look good.

jebus that's gorgeous.
USD forks on a cb1100!

Awful expensive for a road bike.

why didn't you just buy an actual sport bike

>3k
>expensive
What?

I fucked up my dudes.

Bought me a sweet pair of pic related adv boots.

For a sport bike.

They were marketed as a compromise between on road and off road but they are full robocop status. No ankle use. Sole doesn't bend. No control feel.

Will these things ever break in?

Really? new bikes are $5k+ for the little 250cc whatevers. Similar scrambler bikes like the Bolt and Triumphs are like $8k.

That's like the most common 70's honda ever built, and its a rider, not like its a show bike or anything. I wouldn't go more than 2k,

those are edgy as fuck

why on earth would you do that.

Because I didn't want a sportbike.

>No ankle use.
i thought this was a good thing?

Sucks to be poor I guess

then why are you putting clip ons onto an MT-09 to turn it into a bad sportbike if you didn't want a sportike?

wear them around the house for a couple days

I mean be a sucker and fork it over if you want. It's been ten years but I bought a VF750C in similar condition for half of that. There's no way I'd pay that for a cb in that condition.

That's a very poor people answer

Oh, I'm not that guy. I put a set on an old Honda.

FUCK ITS HOT CUNT

t. moneybags

Feels good, mate

Question, im buying an oil injected two stroke bike, but have only ridden bikes that take premix. Obviously with a premix bike you cant engine break for any extended amount of time without throwing some blips in to keep it all lubricated. Wondering if this is also true on an oil injected bike? Id imagine the injection system would continue to pump in oil with the throttle closed, or else those little two stroke scooters would eat top ends thanks to mechanically illiterate riders. But on the other hand I can see this being a recipe for fouled plugs. Anyone know?

No they are just black ADV boots.
I plan on getting a cruiser at some point and did not want dinky race boots.
Of course it is not a good thing. They are marketed as being flexible and good control feel (in comparison to other adv boots) and in the picture it realy does not look all that stiff around the ankle.
Plot twist: it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=WaBTHu9JSB0

I plan on doing this but they are REALLY stiff. We'll see.

>Dual sport tires
>no front fender
I smell hipster. Also, it's missing the side cover, the turn signals, and the bolts holding the front motor mount to the frame are missing, which makes me think there are more important parts missing elsewhere.

Paint and chrome are nice. I see where the money went.

you can't do your own maintenance you autist?

Not that guy, I was the one that posted the pic. Seems like everyone on Veeky Forums can buy any used bike for $2000 and all bikes will resell for $3k or more.

According to the pricing guides, and nationwide auction sites, prices go from non running parts bike at $1200 to pristine showroom condition at $6k. If you bought this same bike with 10k miles on it a few years ago for $1500 then congratz, but that doesn't seem like a normal price. Let me guess, you sold it for $3000?

Also, I'm in southern California where everything costs an arm and a dick, and at least 10-20% higher than flyover country.

Any adventure or motocross boot is gonna be stiff as fuck to stop you foot from get torqued around from the terrain. My current pair of motocross boots Ive had for two years, used basically once a week for just trail riding and shit and theirs still zero ankle movement