Why did curvy lines replace straight and sleek lines? Car design after the 80s has been abysmal

Why did curvy lines replace straight and sleek lines? Car design after the 80s has been abysmal

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IVjmIovOPek
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Aero

Why do some of you aspies have such a hard time understanding aerodynamics?

youtube.com/watch?v=IVjmIovOPek

Nah after early 2000s is where i draw the line.
Sleek curvy or sleek straight both together looks wrong.

>rectangle with wheels
>sleek
top zoz friendo

yawn

It's weird because I prefer either extra curvy or extra boxy. Middle-ground shit like 90s shitboxes are disgusting.

10s has the best car design

Ford Tarus

"B-B-But muh aerodynamics!! A-user...! Cars w-were not aerodynamic back b-before the '80s!"

Actually shoot yourself.

If they were it was luck. They just penned what they liked back then. No wind tunnels to tell them otherwise.

Friendly reminder that the only reason the Super bird spoiler was that big was so they could open the boot

Box-with-rounded-edges Masterrace. Anyone else feeling superior?

Blame Saudi Arabia, they caused it

Superbird was the first windtunnel tested car built by Mopar. The high wing put the spoiler out of turbulent air, so if the guy racing you decided to draft up close it wouldn't upset the car.

This is all googleable. Stop posting like a tard.

*and the Daytona Charger from '69

nothing about that car looks sleek

car design went to shit and the 80s and American car design has always been pretty terrible compared to the rest of the world

you know youre retarded when you think cherry picking proves a point

it lifted like a motherfucker and all it has going for it is drag coefficient which isnt that impressive since there were cars from the 1920s that had the same rating lol

The car did not lift, Petty still says to this day the Superbird (and probably Daytona) was the most stable car he has raced

wrong

you should do research on the car

even drivers commented on how it lifted in the rear and was loose in the corners

they put too much emphasis on fixing the lift in the front and swapped the spot

For better aerodynamics.. Jesus Christ why do people still ask this stupid question I have to answer it every time some idiot keeps asking this. I wish I didn't have autism so I can just simply ignore these threads.

Got any links to that?

Aerodynamics, and safety.regulations replaced style and panache.

Yeah, it lifted more winners trophies than anything else on the track, hence it was banned.

Tard.

>american """"racing""""
>real racing
yeah no

wasnt even banned retard

they banned ALL aero cars

When they tell you that particular car has to run a small block instead of 430 cu in., that's a ban.

t. europoor

all the aero cars were limited to 305

it wasnt Daytona specific

Classic and Vintage American cars are sex, you shut your dirty whore mouth.

T. Ameriboo Canadian

Also modern NA cars do suck they arent worth the cost of scrap.

>The 1969 and 1970 seasons saw a number of exotic factory race cars appear on the NASCAR tracks, much to the dismay of NASCAR's man-in-charge, Big Bill France. Tired of the many problems (at least from France's perspective) brought to the series from a quickly escalating Chrysler/Ford duel, France penned rules for the 1971 season to kill the factory aero cars. These ultra low production racers, the Dodge Charger 500, Dodge Charger Daytona, Plymouth SuperBird, Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II and Ford Torino Talladega were limited by France to a 305 cubic inch power plant in 1971 - more than 120 cubic inches less than legal for all other bodies eligible to compete.

60s-mid 70s American cars are ok

lol im girl and I love the 80s design

Fuck Aero, fuck safety, fuck reuglations, I WANT MY 50s-70s PURE SEX DESIGN BACK.

I'm going to end up restoring a 69' Camaro and put a BMW S52 i6 in it becuase I fucking can. Or get a singer 911 or something idgaf.

what a waste of a good engine

Nice bait, but they didn't have Camaros in '69

I would have an M3 too user, just for some reason nice 69 Camaros and Firebird Stingrays get me hard and Id want then to have solid modern engine made before before everything went electrical.

>Nice bait, but they didn't have Camaros in '69

>Firebird Stingrays

Whoopsies meant to say Firebird Trams Am

My bad also I meant Corvette stingray. I know my taste is pleb but most classic stingrays Ive seen in person have been pretty sweet.